Beginners - February 2013 (Page 64)

why display is not sustain, it disappears

#include <iostream.h> #include <conio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <iomanip.h> using std::cout; using std::cin; using std::endl; using std::setw; i...
[2 replies] Last: thanks it works (by toseefasim)
by chenzy
a question of const

What is the difference of the const between Error_code top(Stack_entry &item)const; and Error_code push(const Stack_entry &item); why the first is at the rear ...
[4 replies] Last: okay, thanks very much!! (by chenzy)
by Amulon
Reading in a file

I am reading in a file that looks like: append 10 serve append 20 append 30 serve push 10 push 50 push 20 push 20 pop push 50 pop pop append 50 ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for pointing that out. I thought I got everything out of it ... (by Amulon)
by jaded7
linked list iterators

I am currently implementing a linked list (as an exercise) and I am close to finish it, with one of the last few things to do being implementing an iterator. Th...
[5 replies] Last: That isnt the problem I was having, it was addressing the relational o... (by jaded7)
Need some help with a mathematic function

Hello i am trying to write my first "mostly" unassisted and copy pasted program but i am having some issues i have the following function but it obviously break...
[4 replies] Last: yes i know the answer should have been 1.5 i input YA=6 XA=6 YB=4 XB=3... (by warburp)
by jc4bs
Segmentation Fault

I am trying to do a for loop which will allow the user to type in the name of a subject for a number of times the user has already indicated. However, whenever ...
[5 replies] Last: Line 17 creates a vector with numClasses elements which are copy const... (by cire)
Can't Find the File and Can't Find the Namespace

Two problems. 1. When I do the richTextBox1->LoadFile("FILENAME") method, it tells me that the file I entered doesn't exist, while it really does. I'm not ev...
[5 replies] Last: I'm sorry if I used the wrong term, but if I try System::, it throws t... (by TheBilly102030)
Simple "cout " i cant fix :( help plz

ok.. This a short menu im creating... it seem to be working prefectly fine other than the fact that it isnt showing my cout command i think and i dont know why...
[9 replies] Last: No problem, fella. And hayfrend! If he did: while order == f ); Th... (by Lynx876)
Simple/compund interest problem

I'm currently trying to learn c++ by going through a book and ran into this problem, which I'll summarize: One person invests $100 at 10% simple interest (in...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! This is very helpful. Here is the final code I had that... (by egg management fee)
Help with Random Number Generation

Hello all, I'm building a really basic monte carlo simulator in C++ and have had a real problem with random numbers. The issue is this: I seem to be able to...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you bandicoot, that was the thing that actually fixed it. Very ... (by PeterCaya)
by ace55
C++ Help with if else if statement please!

I need to write a program calculating commission based off this info: 15% commission for the first $2,000.00 sales 20% commission for the next $1,000.00 sales...
[4 replies] Last: You are making this way too complicated. all you really need is: if(... (by hayfrend)
by Amulon
Reading in a file with different data types

I am trying to read in a file that is similar to this: push 10 pop push 20 push 30 pop push 10 push 50 push 20 push 20 pop I am trying to make it...
[3 replies] Last: Awesome! I didn't use exactly what you wrote, but I used what you wrot... (by Amulon)
by fmdub
Program hangs when using vector::push_back()

This is for a homework assignment. I've never used vectors before, so I decided I would try to learn. I'm creating a vector of classes, where the classes are St...
[2 replies] Last: I disabled the breakpoint and it seems to have worked out this issue o... (by fmdub)
Help with Delimiter (1,2)

Ok so I have this project for school in which I have to read in a .txt file into an array then spit it out into a bubble sorter and sort it accordingly. I have ...
[27 replies] Last: but in the second line the population is supposed to be 805 It's in... (by Lynx876)
C++ problem with the effects of gravity with a a tower

Hi, I'm trying to write a code to read the input of a towers height and then calculate how long it would take an object to hit the ground. I need to ask the use...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, why don't you initialize your variables before using them? It see... (by bandicoot360)
inputing more than one prototype in program not working?

so i have to write a average programming using an int and double prototype calling the function with va_list but for some reason no matter how I write the progr...
[4 replies] Last: makes much more sense for sure (by Josh Henry)
What Is Wrong With My If Statement?

I am writing a GPA program for my C++ class. What I am trying to do what is above, and beyond what my professor is requiring us to do. I have is so the user ent...
[3 replies] Last: No problem. (: (by Lynx876)
Class Structure/Style Question

I'm designing a basic text-based game and implementing a player/enemy attack structure to start things off. My question is, is it better to design functions in ...
[2 replies] Last: I agree with computerquip. But, either way. I build classes around an... (by Lynx876)
How To Terminate A Program If A Condition Is Not Met?

I am writing a simple GPA Calculator program for my C++ class. We just learned if else statements this week, so that is what the program does a lot of. If the u...
[6 replies] Last: Since you are limited to if else statements I would do the following: ... (by hayfrend)
Undefined symbol

Hey guys. Im working on a random project. I declared 2 global variables above a bool function but the bool function wont compile because it says that "count" is...
[3 replies] Last: d. limiting the scope bool is_used(int used /*array */, int count /*... (by ne555)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 626364656667
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.