Beginners - February 2013 (Page 65)

by fmdub
Program hangs when using vector::push_back()

This is for a homework assignment. I've never used vectors before, so I decided I would try to learn...
[2 replies] Last: I disabled the breakpoint and it seems to have worked out this issue o... (by fmdub)
Help with Delimiter (1,2)

Ok so I have this project for school in which I have to read in a .txt file into an array then spit ...
[27 replies] Last: but in the second line the population is supposed to be 805 It's in... (by Lynx876)
C++ problem with the effects of gravity with a a tower

Hi, I'm trying to write a code to read the input of a towers height and then calculate how long it w...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, why don't you initialize your variables before using them? It see... (by bandicoot360)
inputing more than one prototype in program not working?

so i have to write a average programming using an int and double prototype calling the function with...
[4 replies] Last: makes much more sense for sure (by Josh Henry)
What Is Wrong With My If Statement?

I am writing a GPA program for my C++ class. What I am trying to do what is above, and beyond what m...
[3 replies] Last: No problem. (: (by Lynx876)
Class Structure/Style Question

I'm designing a basic text-based game and implementing a player/enemy attack structure to start thin...
[2 replies] Last: I agree with computerquip. But, either way. I build classes around an... (by Lynx876)
How To Terminate A Program If A Condition Is Not Met?

I am writing a simple GPA Calculator program for my C++ class. We just learned if else statements th...
[6 replies] Last: Since you are limited to if else statements I would do the following: ... (by hayfrend)
Undefined symbol

Hey guys. Im working on a random project. I declared 2 global variables above a bool function but th...
[3 replies] Last: d. limiting the scope bool is_used(int used /*array */, int count /*... (by ne555)
by mirec
time loop

Can somebody help me how to make some function to do every 10 seconds or so?? I tried with if (clock...
[13 replies] Last: No problem. Glad to help (: (by Lynx876)
Help reading numbers from a file

I'm trying to write a program that will read in some numbers and add them from a file. This is the ...
[1 reply] : I'm not going to say it's the 'best' way of doing this, as there are a... (by Lynx876)
by Bodya
dontn't copy its_age Cat's in pointer tmp

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int * tmp = new int(77); class Cat { public : ...
[7 replies] Last: Ok - object frik has no initialize its age because they are not initia... (by Bodya)
Create 'new' array of class, calling non-default constructor?

I want to create a new array of a class I have created. But when I create it, I don't want to have...
[2 replies] Last: Oh wow, didn't think of doing it like that!! Thanks a lot for the repl... (by Lynx876)
by Peter7
Deleting a structure

So i have this structure: struct contrib {int num; string name; string adress;}; typedef contri...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for the help! (by Peter7)
fread (1,2)

can someone explain to me what is fread and its equivalent in c++? can someone translate this pro...
[26 replies] Last: lol Chipp we realise we're from the same country and we just decided t... (by donfire)
How to make program to write on the screen symbols from ASCII

Hi all! I need help in makeing a program that will write ASCII symbols. Look what I want: #include...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { for( int i = 0; i < 255; ++i ) s... (by Lynx876)
if you can then you can ...

hi everyone! am new here also am very bad in english haha maybe you dont understand the title of th...
[no replies]
by Ch1156
multidimensional array game map help please

Im trying to create a small game using a multidimensional array but i cant seem to figure it out, i ...
[15 replies] Last: Ok, so I was kind of making this sort of thing yesterday, so I mocked ... (by Lynx876)
by shaggy
Another person to work with me?

Helllooo there. I've always had trouble working out how to format my code,specifcally in this text ...
[2 replies] Last: Im intrigued, and I'll PM you (if I can- never tried to PM on this web... (by jaded7)
system solver. need check

hello i have written a program that solves linear system using rref on matrixs. i believe everythin...
[2 replies] Last: 1. Read up on code style/practices so that it is easier read. 2. Avoid... (by jaded7)
Sort 2D vector by Multiple columns

I'm using the following boost algorithm to sort my 2D vector. #include <vector> #include <boost/al...
[17 replies] Last: Working fine. I made a mistake. But I want to post what I have did for... (by Heartly R)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 6364656667
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.