Beginners - February 2013 (Page 65)

by mirec
time loop

Can somebody help me how to make some function to do every 10 seconds or so?? I tried with if (clock() > 10) but after ten seconds it always call it. I know tha...
[13 replies] Last: No problem. Glad to help (: (by Lynx876)
Help reading numbers from a file

I'm trying to write a program that will read in some numbers and add them from a file. This is the file: 7 9 46123 85321 3872663 69826 222222222222222222222...
[1 reply] : I'm not going to say it's the 'best' way of doing this, as there are a... (by Lynx876)
by Bodya
dontn't copy its_age Cat's in pointer tmp

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int * tmp = new int(77); class Cat { public : Cat(); ~Cat(); Cat(const Cat &); int getAge(void...
[7 replies] Last: Ok - object frik has no initialize its age because they are not initia... (by Bodya)
Create 'new' array of class, calling non-default constructor?

I want to create a new array of a class I have created. But when I create it, I don't want to have to call a default constructor. This is the code I have: ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh wow, didn't think of doing it like that!! Thanks a lot for the repl... (by Lynx876)
by Peter7
Deleting a structure

So i have this structure: struct contrib {int num; string name; string adress;}; typedef contrib *cont; and i was wondering how do i free all the memor...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for the help! (by Peter7)
fread (1,2)

can someone explain to me what is fread and its equivalent in c++? can someone translate this program to c++ for me? is in c #include <iostream> #incl...
[26 replies] Last: lol Chipp we realise we're from the same country and we just decided t... (by donfire)
How to make program to write on the screen symbols from ASCII

Hi all! I need help in makeing a program that will write ASCII symbols. Look what I want: #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; int main...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { for( int i = 0; i < 255; ++i ) s... (by Lynx876)
if you can then you can ...

hi everyone! am new here also am very bad in english haha maybe you dont understand the title of this post but i mean... am really beginner in c++ so i want ...
[no replies]
by Ch1156
multidimensional array game map help please

Im trying to create a small game using a multidimensional array but i cant seem to figure it out, i know its not a good idea to do it, but i wanted to try it. ...
[15 replies] Last: Ok, so I was kind of making this sort of thing yesterday, so I mocked ... (by Lynx876)
by shaggy
Another person to work with me?

Helllooo there. I've always had trouble working out how to format my code,specifcally in this text based rpg that I'm making. Instead of posting my problem b...
[2 replies] Last: Im intrigued, and I'll PM you (if I can- never tried to PM on this web... (by jaded7)
system solver. need check

hello i have written a program that solves linear system using rref on matrixs. i believe everything is working correctly but could someone check if there are ...
[2 replies] Last: 1. Read up on code style/practices so that it is easier read. 2. Avoid... (by jaded7)
Sort 2D vector by Multiple columns

I'm using the following boost algorithm to sort my 2D vector. #include <vector> #include <boost/algorithm/string.hpp> using namespace std; class StringList...
[17 replies] Last: Working fine. I made a mistake. But I want to post what I have did for... (by Heartly R)
please help me revise the function

#include <string> #include <vector> #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { string file=$Ilovestl.; filter_text(file,string, filter...
[1 reply] : There are an assortment of errors here. I fixed some of them, but also... (by Chervil)
find a given letter within a word

Hi I am a beginner, Here's the problem I Resolve: Writing a program capable of finding a given letter within a word entered by the user. The program must ...
[3 replies] Last: @IceThatJaw There is no any need to declare variable match to keep ... (by vlad from moscow)
Basic Stats Problem

Been looking at this few lines all day.It doesn't add up in my head, but when I run it, it's perfect. Can anyone explain this line by line or point out where i ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks randisking, I think i know where I might got lost. The x of ... (by Kevinmc)
by mode12
automatic fail safe for infinite loops?

good evening! i am very new to C++ and am exploring the for loop. my assignment asked for a for loop that increments a variable but i accidentally made an infi...
[4 replies] Last: thanks so much for your time! (by mode12)
Error in converting numbers to roman numerals

So I am confused on the error I am getting. I have written two functions: one is the main but the other is roman_conversion. I have some sort of error here an...
[2 replies] Last: Well I corrected that and so thank you. I found it to be the {} that ... (by Billy George)
tic tac toe question

Hi everyone! I'm nearing completion with this tic tac toe program, except I need a little help. #include <iostream> using namespace std; const in...
[1 reply] : The problem is you are returning a bool from the checkWin function but... (by Hippogriff)
How to build FLTK on VS 2012

please could any one describe how can i run the FLTK library in Visual Studio 2012 ?
[no replies]
inheritance + stl map

im trying to add "items" to a map that is declared in class A that are class B and C types lets say we have these classes class A { protected: map<int...
[5 replies] Last: > where do i exactly put this line std::map<int, A*> A::database ; ... (by JLBorges)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 6364656667
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.