Beginners - February 2014 (Page 60)

Link globally or project-only?

I use CodeBlocks IDE with the default MinGW compiler. I am going to use SDL for programming practice and probably some small projects. My question is should I l...
[7 replies] Last: #include is used for loading the declarations in other source files. H... (by TwilightSpectre)
help with file opening

I'm still learning c++(hence the beginner forum) so please don't laugh at my code. I'm basically making a program to copy a file, from user inputted file names...
[1 reply] : A simple answer, no. Unless you know specifically what absolute folder... (by J4ke)
Visual studio Vs. X-code ..error

Hello guys, I have this program that I recently created on MS visual studio that adds fractions. It works great in visual studio, but when I run it in x-code I ...
[2 replies] Last: yep yep, that'll do it. Thank you Very much (by chickens7)
student needing help.

I am write a program for class and I am not sure if I am headed in the correct direction. I will first put what my instructions say then I will post my code for...
[14 replies] Last: @kmartar i can see a little mistake in your code if(( month > 1 ) ||... (by eyenrique)
Large ints/ functions

This won't compile, it won't recognize any of the math operators? Also, how do I know if the sum is larger than 20 digits? I'm supposed to output an error mess...
[6 replies] Last: Lines 90 and 94: Look at what you are doing to index . Line 93: You ... (by Duthomhas)
CODE NOT WORKING - STRING

I was trying to develop the function get_number for when I PRESS ENTER it return 0 and when it returns 0 close the program, but when I press enter it doesn't re...
[5 replies] Last: NT3 thanks for the explanation, but isn't it the same atof than atod f... (by closed account ivDwAqkS)
unresolved overloaded function type

I get this error with the following code, but i am not sure what it means? It essentially is the same as my pop method, but not erasing the key/value. test3.c...
[1 reply] : Oh i am an idiot, typod the parenthesis d.get("key") (by metulburr)
by sss
for and if condition giving unexpected result

i have a problem in c++ like this: I have a problem in the code below. The problem is this that i doing some addition part after both `if conditions` break.And ...
[5 replies] Last: min_priority_queue q; for( n in data ) q.push(n); while( some_cond... (by ne555)
Call method from class

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums. Anytime I'm having a problem I google it and normally find it pretty quick in this forum, but this time I cannot, so I jo...
[2 replies] Last: So what do you suppose I do? Sorry, I'm pretty new to c++. Thanks for ... (by cphipps)
by garr
Binary File Help

Hi, I need help working with binary files in C++ Say for instance there are 4 bytes in a binary file. 0x00 0x00 0x01 0xFF This is 511 once you convert it f...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry for triple post, but I fixed it by doing this: uint32_t v = b ... (by garr)
February 2014 Pages: 1... 585960
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.