Beginners - February 2015

by Gohmer
Need help with while loop

I'm trying to write a while loop that displays 15 asterisks one at a time. When I run the program it doesn't terminate after 15 repetitions. Can somebody help m...
[2 replies] Last: I dont know why you need a while loop if its just for reasearch/leurni... (by Precious roy)
Using pointers to move to the next integer in a file

Hello everyone, I'm fairy new to pointers. I'm looking to use p++ in order to move to the next integer within a file. When p++ is used, the program returns a ga...
[3 replies] Last: Holy cow, MiiNiPaa you're a lifesaver. I've honestly have been working... (by decoy98)
Do while loop not showing final value

My assignment is to make an inline function that calculates stock value, it seems to work but when I exit the loop it doesn't show the final value from the accu...
[no replies]
explain the result fact (100) = 0!!

I tried to calculate the factorial of a number n equal to 100 and the result gives me 0. explain the result fact (100) = 0 please
[no replies]
by abc456
Can someone help me fix this program?

[no replies]
by cGuru
Class Help.. Please

[SEE 1ST COMMENT] I am getting the following errors when I add the code associated with the "findArea" and "findCircumference": (57): error C4430: missing...
[2 replies] Last: Never mind, I got it. (by cGuru)
by alexBB
abs (built-in) function is not declared in this scope

Hi there, I need to test a c++ FFT set of routines. So, I write this statement: value = 1.0 - abs((Position - (N-1)/2)/(N/2)); #include <math.h> is pr...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Peter. I actually found it out after I closed the post and ... (by alexBB)
operator >> overloading not working

Hi, im doing exercises in B.Stroustrup's book "Programming principles and practice using C++" and this is part of code that should work. He didnt yet talk much ...
[2 replies] Last: Ohh man, didnt see that! Thank you a lot man :) (by etrusks)
by Kernul
Square matrix exercise

The exercise is: Manage a square matrix of order N by: - Determining and storing the maximum of each line; - Determining and storing the minimum of each colu...
[4 replies] Last: What do you mean by For each index in the matrix M(i,j), Difference =... (by Kernul)
General C++ coding style

Hi guys! I just started learning C++ this week and I finished my first non-trivial program: a class of intrusive list elements (or a linked list or whatever...
[3 replies] Last: Very nice for just a week of C++. Lines 54-62: incomplete code fra... (by AbstractionAnon)
by koopey
Programming taking long!

Hey everyone! I am new to programming. I just finished an exercise problem to print christmas song "12 days of Christmas" from jumping into c++. I felt happy an...
[2 replies] Last: If you have been into programming for just five days, a complete turna... (by JLBorges)
Need help reading text file

So this program records your inputed stats after a game, it saves them to a textfile everytime you input them. However near the end I am having trouble with mak...
[no replies]
Help!

Okay so I'm new. I need to make a simple calculator, that asks the user to choose and operator, then do the math. So I thought this code would work, but it won'...
[5 replies] Last: and then the app just exited itself. After your code executes the ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Passing Array in using pointer offset;

I want to Pass an Array(2D) to a function but using pointer notation instead of array subscript . How can i do it?
[no replies]
Display Array in Rows and Columns using For loop

Hello everyone! I'm a beginner with C++, having started coding a few months back. Recently, I'm trying to experiment with For loops, and this time I'm trying to...
[13 replies] Last: d'oh......... didn't knew that but int a ; works fine for small ru... (by shadder)
What could be the problem

I have some problems about this one, example. I just entered an invalid input on the question "What's your order?" but it'll skip the default: cout.but then jus...
[1 reply] : A simple goto statement would save you lines.. I like goto very mu... (by shadder)
Arrays

i'm new in c++ so please help me what i'm trying to do is enter 5 input then get the average of it w/ the the string for name. The problem is i can't get ...
[3 replies] Last: I did it thanksssss (by xshirooo)
How to print part of string>

in file1.txt writes PRINT "some text123", and I want him to console shows "some text123" but he printed PRINT "some text123" #include <iostream> #include...
[5 replies] Last: read all the words from a file to an array. Then read the array from t... (by shadowCODE)
Which Book is better....

Which out of these two books, written by Bjarne Stoustrop, do you prefer? Option 1: http://www.amazon.com/C-Programming-Language-4th/dp/0321563840/ref=sr_1_1...
[6 replies] Last: Beginning C++ - by Ivor Horton free pdf : http://www.bookspedia.info/d... (by anup30)
Adding first and last vector

Hey guys i need to write program which will sumarize pairs of integers i mean that it will store those numbers in vector and sumarize pairs of them.First vector...
[9 replies] Last: "I'd like to comment on the missing << (bitwise left shit operator) be... (by NoName48)
February 2015 Pages: 123... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.