Beginners - February 2016

Sorting a string array

Hello everyone. I believe this is my first post here. This forum is incredibly helpful. Thank you to everyone who contributes! I'm building a program that...
[1 reply] : void selectionSort(int friendNames , int SIZE) See that parameter, ... (by Moschops)
Why does this program stop decrementing at 0?

Why does it stop at 0? What is the reason? Why is it not continuing the output with the negative numbers? #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { int i; ...
[3 replies] Last: In general .. Any non-zero number will be treated as true .. and zero... (by obscure)
Help with lists in c++

Write your question here. class node { public: int data() { return data_field; } node* link() { return link_field; } private: int ...
[no replies]
How to ask a user to loop a program a set number of times

I need to ask a user to loop a housing program up to five times. Any ideas? I know a do/while statement goes somwhere. #include <iostream> using std::f...
[1 reply] : You have way too much code in main(). Move all the code to process on... (by AbstractionAnon)
multidimensional array help

I have searched all over the internet and tried many different things but i cant seem to get this right. I'm trying to get this program to find the smallest num...
[3 replies] Last: No, that is not what I meant. int totalrow = 0; // Needs to be ini... (by AbstractionAnon)
Opening USB for Reading/Writing

Good Afternoon, I am a beginner at linux C programming. I am trying to connect to a power meter device so that I may read values. If I plug/unplug my USB d...
[no replies]
Trying to make a console game.Help.

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> int main() { int SerildaHP; int LunaHP; SerildaHP = 1000; LunaHP = 1000; std::cout << "Welcome Back, Serilda!"; s...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much :) (by Idiotal)
Getline error, help.

I keep getting an error saying it can't deduce the argument for the getline or something of that nature. I don't understand what's wrong with the program. I'm t...
[13 replies] Last: #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <string> using std:... (by ajessie)
tic tac toe program

fixed
[4 replies] Last: Without seeing your updated code, I can't tell you what's wrong. Line... (by AbstractionAnon)
by MrTaj
finding second smallest number using Dynamic Memory Allocation

I have to code a program to find the smallest and the second smallest number form entered numbered by user. Here is my code but it gets wrong answers for sec...
[4 replies] Last: Explain it. ¿why did you set it to 0? ¿what if all the elements are ... (by ne555)
call from another file?

I'have the following code, but I'need to make 2 file as mur.h and hand.h and call them into here i steads have all code in one file here. #include "stdafx.h...
[5 replies] Last: MrTaj, I have already tow file but the problem is which codes should I... (by christian230)
by Raol
I must make a class of tyres.

Well as a beginner i have to make a class of Tires(exam) with the following properties: 1) Width (inches), 2) Radius (inches), 3) Rim (inches), 4) Type - 0: al...
[3 replies] Last: Your default constructor is not defined. You should separate output f... (by AbstractionAnon)
input/output data

I'm currently writing a program that requires you to get data from a .txt file.I do realize that I do not have it taking anything from my inService file. I want...
[no replies]
ATM code.

Hello, it's me again. Have some new stuff I need help with. I can't backspace when inputting the pin. I want to be able to do so. How do I do it? Can I als...
[1 reply] : Use SetConsoleCursorPosition(...) when you detect the backspace: http... (by coder777)
i need help,

our teacher give us assignments a bag application that it could use a 2d array or 3d array the instructions goes like this. 1. add item 2. search item 3. ...
[1 reply] : This is not a homework site. We won't do your homework for you. Howeve... (by AbstractionAnon)
how to add string of words in a 2D array

i need to code a 2 D array that is similar to this output however i only managed to have the open and close words without the "stalls 1, 2, 3" and the days on t...
[1 reply] : i only managed to have the open and close words without the "stalls 1... (by AbstractionAnon)
VB to C++

Hi! Is it possible to convert VB 6.0 Commands (Operator, Statements) to C++?
[3 replies] Last: If you want VB code, you probably should be posting on a VB site. You... (by AbstractionAnon)
by rom666
Ubuntu CodeBlocks Permission Denied

I have Ubuntu 14.04 and installed CodeBlocks six months ago, it worked good during this time but now it no build the programs and neither run the programs, and ...
[no replies]
Types and Templates

Help I dont know what Im doing wrong, so please tell me because I have this. ArraList.h #ifndef ARRAYLIST_H #define ARRAYLIST_H #define DEFAULT_MAX_SIZ...
[3 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thanks, awesome as per usual :+) (by TheIdeasMan)
A framework for saving and loading objects on disc

I have created a framework for persisting objects on c++ Need to implement with binary files as well. I am presenting here the code from my header file. Also th...
[3 replies] Last: Don't. Just use what exists already. (by helios)
February 2016 Pages: 123... 46
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.