Beginners - January 2013 (Page 47)

Hello! I've got a doubt

Hi, I'm new into C++ and I wanted to know if this language is useful for developing online applications. Thanks in advance
[12 replies] Last: There's HipHop which is used by Facebook which compiles PHP into C++ c... (by masterofpuppets690)
Array Keyword???

Ive looked this up and the websites usually say that it isnt a keyword - reserved word (whatever you like) and then they explain what an array is. Im using Visu...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for all the answers! (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
various questions about struct declarations in C

C, not C++. There appear to be three possibilities: (1) struct { char name ; int age; } John, Jason; (2) typedef struct { char name...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, but note that the identifier of each structure is introduced at d... (by closed account zb0S216C)
define array from constructor

i thought this was correct, but i get an error saying: main.cpp:14:12: warning: extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x [enab...
[7 replies] Last: that clears up a lot. Thanks NwM. (by metulburr)
program problem

Hello im a newbie and I dont understand c++ that much but im still learning. I can't seem to find what my error is for this basic program...Mind helping me a...
[7 replies] Last: This: if (a==0<) is wrong, you need to skip the '<' : if (a==0) (a... (by Fransje)
Algorithm Required

Can anyone please send me the Algorithm for Stack using pointers and queue using pointers in C+
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Longazan. Need the algorithm for the given program. //HEAP SO... (by sureshs031)
A confused problem

why I click run on the VC 2010, the console box always saies that the file is out of date
[2 replies] Last: Thats because you edited the file and the project was out of date. Ju... (by Lowest0ne)
mass of large exercises?

I have done some of these http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/ but i like the Graduation one, the complexity and humor of it as an exercise. Are t...
[1 reply] : I made an XML parser that I thought rather nifty, though it didn't rea... (by Lowest0ne)
by Kovs95
String Functions

Hi! This is my first string function encercise ever so I'm teaching myself this. Here is the excercise Write a program that asks for a user first name and la...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks a lot it worked! (by Kovs95)
Why can I override a function without the virtual key word?

I am teaching myself virtual functions in C++. The code below compiles. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Fish { st...
[4 replies] Last: There's no warning/error here. This is typical behavior. Virtual fun... (by Disch)
how to link a 3rd party library

I know how to link a 3rd party library like SFML with Code::Blocks, but i like to use Vim for most of my coding. So what do i have to do to link a library such ...
[2 replies] Last: the fact that you said your not sure, idk. My idea was that i might ha... (by metulburr)
by shabby
what is the problem in this code? solve!

#include<iostream.h> void sort(int A ,int N) { int i,j, temp; for (i=0;i<N;i++) { for(j=i+1;j<N;j++) { if(A >A ) { temp=A ; A =A ; A =temp; } cout...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> main() { int A ; int i, j, N; std::cout<<"ent... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
rand() repeats same number

About fifty percent of the time my program will guess a number and repeat it until the loop closes. I have stared at this for a couple hours trying plenty of di...
[7 replies] Last: Thank-You, Cire and everyone else who fronted some input. I knew that ... (by derrikjb93)
Input File Name at Run Time in C++.

How Could I Give a File Name At run time in a C++ Program.
[5 replies] Last: *edit* not all headers are required. #include <conio.h> #include <cs... (by SamuelAdams)
C++ Video: Introduction of STL - Iterators and Algorithms

This video talks about the iterators and general usage of STL algorithms. Topics include: Random access iterator Bidirectional iterator Forward iterator I...
[no replies]
Output Question

Hey everyone, I'm trying to make a name database in the console. I would like the names typed to be displayed as a list underneath the first and last name q...
[1 reply] : additionally, is there a way to make these names stay in it permanent... (by SamuelAdams)
Need help please :D

I'm a beginner with this whole programming thing I got my self a new programming book with a a CD with so many questions and I'm stuck with this one could some ...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you for youre time, the hard part was how can I allow the user t... (by softwareStudent)
I am trying to get into programming with active-x.

I don't really have anything specific I want to do yet. I have been taking a C++ class in college and I want to start getting into making games. I want to make ...
[4 replies] Last: thanks! (by zedidiah)
Confused about example in Arrays Tutorial

Hi all! Can someone walk me through the example below and how it comes to 12206? I'm having trouble following. Thank you, -Ari // arrays example #include <...
[4 replies] Last: That's good. Sorry I didn't help directly, but if you got there in the... (by Chervil)
Accessing array[0] gives memory access error (1,2,3)

I'm writing a simple class for rendering 2D graphics. The relevant code in the initialization for the class is: _dlistsize = 0; //The number of occupied space...
[40 replies] Last: It occured to me that I would need a loop that zeros the memory at the... (by FlyingMonkey456)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 4546474849... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.