Beginners - January 2013 (Page 50)

Aborted (core dumped)

Hi, I am trying to implement a linked list. Here's my code: 1 #include <sstream> 2 #include...
[6 replies] Last: Copy constructor logic is also wrong try this updated code. LList::L... (by tvrameshmc)
C++ Video: Introduction of STL - Associative Containers

This video covers Associative Containers: set multiset map multimap http://www.youtube.co...
[no replies]
Removing Punctuation From A String

Hi everybody, Been coding C++ for about a week now haha, and have run in to a problem. I am worki...
[9 replies] Last: You could use a string literal if you would write the expression corre... (by vlad from moscow)
declarations differ

can someone tell me the difference between this declaration and the function useage: void *cube_upd...
[3 replies] Last: I see that there is no semicolon after the statement. Also it is not c... (by vlad from moscow)
We'll be making tetris using C++

Hey there, can you help me to make a simple tetris game using c++? no graphical user interface is f...
[no replies]
Platformer Game Physics

In a simple platform game I'm making, when the player lands after he jumps he goes a small amount in...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah. Instead of moving them all the way into the floor or simply not ... (by Zhuge)
by jorz
struct with classes

Hi all, I would like to use a struct in c++ with classes I use visual studio it does not al...
[4 replies] Last: Does anyone know how to do this? (by jorz)
Populating an array with unique random integers

I am trying to populate an array with random but unique integers for later use in a minesweeper game...
[1 reply] : Read this. This discusses a couple of widely used ways to achieve this... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Marcan
Pancake glutton exercise!

Hi all! I've been doing the pancake glutton exercise as seen here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry for the slow reply. Was on break and was much busier than I expe... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Creating Windows Application

I need to create a Windows Application, which will change the MacAdress of my LAN connection after...
[2 replies] Last: Here's an interesting link about this. I may be playing with this for ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
C++ Video: Introduction of STL - Unordered Containers (Hash Table)

This video covers: unordered set unordered multiset unordered map unordered multimap associa...
[no replies]
Trying to check if input is an integer & within range

Hello I am trying to test if the cin input matches my criteria. I want the program to check if the...
[4 replies] Last: Well you need to either specify somewhere in the scope of cin that yo... (by bennyboy)
by WaaaaW
Polymorphism with functions with different arguments

Hi; this might seem a silly thing to ask, but I'm wondering what's the best way to solve this issue:...
[4 replies] Last: That should be pretty much all that it does, exactly as you described ... (by WaaaaW)
by Hotice
Directory tree

I am trying to make a directory tree with windows.h. The program gets stuck in an infinite loop and ...
[2 replies] Last: EDIT: I found out that you could just use (fdstack.top()).dwFileAttri... (by Hotice)
Annoying Brother!!! (1,2)

My brother installed this game he plays on my laptop and sometimes he plays for sooooooooooooooooooo...
[29 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Hazique35)
evaluating each word in a sentence

I'm working on a text game to get myself back into the basics of c++ and hopefully learn new things ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. (by AndroidZ)
by WaaaaW
Feasible strategy for interpreting instructions?

Hi, I'm interested in knowing if this approach of solving a problem is an appropriate one. I would l...
[3 replies] Last: Hmm, I see. It's good to know that I'm at least on the right track wit... (by WaaaaW)
ifstream has no match for operator << with char

Hello, I'm writing a program that is meant to simulate a Turing machine, and I'm currently stuck at ...
[5 replies] Last: << is the output operator, ifstream is an input-only stream. You can'... (by VelikiDrMr)
Arrow Keys

When I Took C Coaching 4 years back my Teacher told me about using arrow keys using backslash charac...
[2 replies] Last: If you're referring to escape characters, then no. For example, \r is ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Constructor overloading with templates

Hi! I'm trying to overload my constructor and running into errors. My code is working fine with just...
[10 replies] Last: To clarify what I mean CXMLString<const char*> foo(false, "tag"); ma... (by ne555)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 484950515253
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.