Beginners - January 2013 (Page 51)

if this or this then that

Hi, I just started doing some stuff with C++ a few hours ago and I have a little question. I know yo...
[1 reply] : Yup, C++ has a lot of different operators including logical operators.... (by Krzysztof Kawa)
USACO "bead" problem

This is "USACO" bead problem, why doesn't it print the number? #include<iostream> #include<fstr...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you but I understood my answer . If you want to know the correc... (by rapunzel)
binary to decimal

Hi friends, I am trying to find the decimal form of a binary number and I have done till here and a...
[1 reply] : The code does not compile #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> voi... (by Chervil)
All Domain Computer's Informaiton

Hello Hi all! Ok getting straight to the point, Below is the code I was able to formulate to get inf...
[2 replies] Last: Installing your program on every machine would work, but what if you c... (by SamuelAdams)
Printing an array

Hello all, I have a function that returns a pointer to an array, but its elements are not being p...
[3 replies] Last: Yes I missed that part, now it works. I suppose I can just initialize ... (by pointer13)
prime numbers

can we find primes numbers between 0 and 10^7 using sieve of eratosthenes or should i use any other ...
[1 reply] : I may be wrong, but I've always considered the sieve method to be fast... (by Chervil)
Looking for friendly advice

Hi, I have just written my first Tic Tac Toe game. I was just looking for some input on how to make ...
[8 replies] Last: And the other half.... } else{//if player1 is set t... (by derrikjb93)
what is this? cin.unsetf(ios::skipws);

cin.unsetf(ios::skipws); what is this and how is it used? we had this exercise and the teacher us...
[1 reply] : it's the longer way to write cin >> noskipws it stops formatted input ... (by Cubbi)
Template overloading

Hi! Well the header file of my code I'm working on is: #ifndef CXMLString_H #define CXMLString...
[6 replies] Last: i'm using eclipse. Also, could you help me with one problem? In the he... (by noisycoder)
Help with functions

Hello --- relatively new C++ programmer here (have experience with Visual Basic but not extensively)...
[6 replies] Last: Firedraco --- thanks for the explanation --- it makes total sense now ... (by Mickelplick)
Comparing Two Strings

I am a beginner and would like to ask a question My Code: ///////////////////////// #include<io...
[1 reply] : Hi there, You are trying to compare c-strings, which are basically ar... (by NwN)
methods of cin

What are the different ways to get user input? I have seen getline(cin, var_name) which gets inpu...
[1 reply] : cin.get() -> http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/istream/istream/get/... (by Fransje)
Duplicate Numbers, Output not right?

I'm trying to make a program to input the various amounts of applications put in at a store over 12 ...
[3 replies] Last: Some problems: Lines 6 & 8: x starts at 0 and increases, z starts at ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Finding prime factors of individual numbers

I'm trying to display the prime factors of each number between 1 and 100. I can find the prime facto...
[5 replies] Last: /* PRIME FACTORIZATION PROGRAM *//* 60 = 2 * 2 * 3 * 5 */ #include <... (by usandfriends)
by Kovs95
Fun with Functions part 3

Write a function titled say_hello() that outputs to the screen "Hello" ★ Modify the function so...
[6 replies] Last: Nevermind about those questions! thanks to all who helped! You all wer... (by Kovs95)
by Thaity
Error Message

Hi Guys. I'm doing an assignment for uni, and I'm getting a message I don't understand. I've researc...
[5 replies] Last: Thank-you once again, all input is greatly appreciated. (by Thaity)
help

Hi Friends, I am trying to convert a number to its binary form. I have done till here #include<io...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags First of all, 'c' is uninitialized, and you're n... (by maeriden)
Array..tallying numbers

so i have an array of 300 numbers. lets say like Tally ; i need to write a code which checks if a...
[3 replies] Last: /* code by usandfriends */ #include <iostream> #define RESET 0 main... (by usandfriends)
function pointer declaration syntax

I've seen these two: void (*foo)(int); and void (*foo)(int x); Which is correct? Wh...
[3 replies] Last: I like using one of these: typedef void function_type(int) ; functio... (by JLBorges)
by Pwego
Getting white screen, not working

With knowledge from you guys about while and if statements i cleaned up my code to this. while (...
[3 replies] Last: You are not changing 'start' anywhere in that loop. So once the loop ... (by Disch)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 4950515253
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.