Beginners - January 2014 (Page 3)

user input help :L

Just started learning c++ and ive got a bit stuck :L I'm making a console application that injects ...
[5 replies] Last: Read a tutorial on std::string , as it seems someone accidentally tau... (by LB)
Naming Conventions

Hello, This is a pretty easy question. It relates more to source/header naming conventions than v...
[1 reply] : It doesn't really matter, so long as your toolchain can tell them apar... (by Duoas)
IntelliSense errors?

I am working on a project that calculates the fare for a ferry. I have started, not even close to fi...
[10 replies] Last: So, these need to be inside/outside of curly brackets?? (by Katie Gerloff)
constructers and classes

How come when I try and display user.strength in the main() function, 0 is displayed? help! ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks so much, i've had this exact issue before, i don't know why i d... (by ASCII14)
Regulating FPS in sdl

Why doesnt it work when it's less than .25 frames? #include "SDL.h" #include <iostream> #i...
[2 replies] Last: Yes that was careless of me lol , it was easy to solve but i didn't kn... (by Sharan123)
by lekha
help in pointer

int x = 3; cout << x<<2*x; output of the code is 36. can anyone please explain me why is it 36....
[1 reply] : You are not using a pointer. You are using an integer variable whose v... (by Danny Toledo)
simple if/else statement (produces wrong value)

How do I get this if/else statement to work properly? when you enter a name between 'p' and 's' i...
[1 reply] : Look at line 11, you are reading a space into the string before readin... (by Smac89)
Reading in binary data and displaying as hex.

Trying to figure out how to read in data from a binary file one byte at a time, then display it in h...
[7 replies] Last: Yes that's probably it. What I was saying was ifstream fin( "test.da... (by maeriden)
SDL_BlitSurface();

In SDL_BlitSurface(): what is the use of the second argument for example SDL_BlitSurface(imag...
[2 replies] Last: Yes i have started using sdl 1.2.5 recently because there aren't tutor... (by Sharan123)
separate words with hyphen

Hi so I am trying to make a function that gets a string and returns two or more different words if t...
[4 replies] Last: What do you mean? Each word would be an element in the vector, with no... (by LB)
Help with Tuition Calculator

Hey, started another semester and got a few programs to do. I kinda forgot a lot of stuff in my off ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, thank you. I'm still have some errors though. (by anthonyxmarinaro)
by ozcy
codeblocks/g++ problem compiling module [SOLVED]

Hello, I'm trying to learn how to do basic modules in c++ but seems impossible to me. i followed som...
[4 replies] Last: Solved! The problem was mine! Sorry, I forgot put a tick on Debug & R... (by ozcy)
by alsade
why doesnt this code work?

can some please help me figure out what is the problem? #include <iostream> #include <string> ...
[3 replies] Last: Gah... I had a big reply and it got swallowed. Grrr. Anyway... You... (by Disch)
Borland C++ Version 6 problem

I just downloaded Borland C++ version 6 because my old compiler was giving alot of problems. I made ...
[6 replies] Last: All compilers with the word "Borland" in the name are ancient, pre-sta... (by Duoas)
by zap781
Help on homework

Write your question here Hey I need help with my homework Im not sure on what he wants us to do. ...
[1 reply] : I ' m not sure on what he wants us to do. Which instruction are you c... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Where are header functions stored

My question is where are the actual functions from header files? For example if i open conio.h there...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the replyes.I found indeed the the source files in C:\Progr... (by SorinAlex)
class time

I have to implement a class time that contains a header file, a file where the function occurs and f...
[4 replies] Last: thanks to everybody now it compiles. Your suggestions were very helpfu... (by girl111)
SDL_ttf

Hello , I can Load a font but how can you make a personlized font from scratch is there any softwar...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you :) (by Sharan123)
Unexpected new line?!

Hi, it's me again with another problem. I made a simple menu, but in the title there is a new line, ...
[2 replies] Last: You probably wrote one space too much, resulting in text going down o... (by viper093)
Sending c++ file

I have made an sdl game and my friend wants to see it he doesn't have c++ visual 2010 express or any...
[2 replies] Last: OK so i just need to send him the complete debug folder (by Sharan123)
January 2014 Pages: 12345... 44
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.