Beginners - January 2014 (Page 4)

Issue With Overloading Constructors

I was doing this exercise from the book I'm learning from. It wanted me to make a class with a default constructor and a constructor with a parameter and it wan...
[3 replies] Last: I distinctly remember that book getting bad reviews ;) I had an idea w... (by LB)
by kaila
avg in while loop

i am getting 8.66 as my answer but i am suppose to get 8.33. input 10 30 -15 0 not sure where my error is. can you help me please. // This program is supp...
[1 reply] : Please use [co de] tags. You should initialize sum to 0, not 1. You... (by Danny Toledo)
by BigJME
Adding Eigen library to Dev-C++

Hey all, I'm a MATLAB user at work but I'm trying to do some independent projects so I've started learning C++. The Eigen library looks like it has a lot of th...
[2 replies] Last: Ok that worked, thanks Chervil! (by BigJME)
by kiino
Getting an extremely different output but program is sound? HELP!

Hey guys, I've been reading articles and forum postings in this site. You guys are helpful and awesome! So my code is about this... "Design a class called...
[3 replies] Last: hey guys I got the program to work! my problem was I my variables were... (by kiino)
Swap Function: Exchanging data in two memory locations.

Hey everybody, I need an expert's opinion on what to do here. I've been spinning my wheels for awhile on this problem and need some advice on where to go next....
[4 replies] Last: The first problem is that you have not declared a swap function with t... (by Smac89)
While Loops will not evaluate If's

My while loop infinitely loops, never really evaluating the code inside it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? P// Lab 2 as created by Matthew Ouille (...
[7 replies] Last: That's insane. You were right. It was that simple. Now I feel pretty s... (by closed account S36A7k9E)
Simple Dungeon Crawl, help with rand() or arrays?

Hi, I'm trying to build a simple Dungeon Crawl game. And so far I've managed to build the board. Next I wanted to place the treasure in a random square on t...
[2 replies] Last: cool thanks, spent too long looking at it, and changed all the 10s and... (by lorilew)
dice game vectors

I have a dice game where the user inputs a number from 1 to 10000 in the random generator and rolls 5 "dice". I have everything done up to that point. Now for t...
[5 replies] Last: How would I make a for loop or if statement to accomplish the last par... (by bknick24)
Help with using char?

yeah, so I never can understand char, like, i have looked at this site's reference page and tutorials and stuff, and i still dont really get it. Is it something...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, that clears it up for me. But how would you print string out ... (by AceDawg45)
Array of pointers trouble

Hi, I'm trying to make an array of pointers to variables and I can't see why my code is different from the examples I've found online. Why does this not work? ...
[7 replies] Last: Ok I've tried a couple things and gotten it to compile and run correct... (by Nogroth)
reference

when i move q1 does p moves too ? Point q1 = p; /*invokes copy constructor*/ q1.move(1, 1);
[1 reply] : If you make a copy of the mona lisa and then deface that copy, does th... (by LB)
by rshoe
nested loop

I need to create a nested loop that does the flowing: The outer loop will count from 1 to 5. The inner loop will count from 1 to 6 and write the product of the...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks L B for your help and quick response. When I read your post it ... (by rshoe)
Binary Files

Hello! So here are the instructions: Write two seperate programs. The first one will write random data out to a binary file display the sum of every other n...
[1 reply] : The instructions call for random data, not iterative. So since you'r... (by Computergeek01)
small string issue

I enter "help me 34" My problem is the 34 doesn't output. All that outputs is help me string s; cin<<s; cout<<s<<endl;
[4 replies] Last: Thank you...I knew it was some small mistake...Thanks again! (by eman2013)
Forward declarations and Invalid uses of incomplete type Init

Alright, I don't know why I should have unresolved dependency issues here, but here goes: And to think, I was just trying to build a simple class for initial...
[5 replies] Last: Ah, thank you Disch. I wasn't sure if classes NEEDED objects or not an... (by NullInfinity)
by TimNJ
How does this prevent VS console from shutting down?

Write your question here. Hi guys, I have some experience in Java and VB.NET from high school. I'm now an EE major and I'm taking my intro computer scienc...
[2 replies] Last: If you call "ignore()" on an std::istream object without passing it an... (by Computergeek01)
by agure
C++ CLI Need some guidance :)

Greetings, Thanks for answering my last question fellas. Program: Visual Studio 2010 C++/CLI Windows Form what my program does: 1) Read the filepat...
[4 replies] Last: You may be running a GUI program without a console. Try something li... (by JLBorges)
by ndat
homework help

So I haven't touched C++ in a year and a half now and I don't remember much but i'm in this class and this professor wants this from me: "Lucy Brat complains t...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=toomanystars]Do you still need help? If so, send me a private m... (by LB)
Simple Program.. Big Problem!

I'm writing a program that takes in input and formats it into a score as "Name Score". Here is what needs to be done "Here's Moonglow's format. The text fil...
[4 replies] Last: Hi heroicJ, you have an outer loop while(!cin.eof())//while end-of-f... (by eyenrique)
Switch Statement Question

Hi, I wanted to know if this was correct way to convert the following if/else statement to switch just a segment else if ( choice == 2 || choice == 3) { ...
[2 replies] Last: okay thanks (by canucksfan1)
January 2014 Pages: 123456... 44
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.