Beginners - January 2014 (Page 44)

String Substract Function Help

I'm aware that there is a resource here on this site; however, I'm struggling to understand this following problem from the book!To start it off, I have a strin...
[1 reply] : The first parameter is a start position, which is 0 based. Second para... (by ComNetCS)
What should I do next?

Hi, hope this isn't too long. I just want to ask people who are experienced in C++ programming and how they have got themselves to become a professional program...
[2 replies] Last: Hi SoftMOUNT, As with anything in life, if you wish to become good... (by Whizzer)
by anzhit
Index Sorting using stl

I have a vector of floats which i wish to sort. I dont want to perform in place sorting but want to store the indices of the elements in sorted order in anoth...
[4 replies] Last: The secret is to use currying to sneak the data into your compare func... (by Ken Seehart)
Multiple files, multiple headaches.

Ok Let's try to explain this. I am trying to teach myself c++, as I simply can't afford to take a class. I understand that hard coding the data is not the b...
[2 replies] Last: First, Thank you for your reply Albatross. Once you got me past that l... (by Whizzer)
Creating new variable on the go in C

Hi, So i have this question in C.. this is the scenario: I need to accept the user's input asking how many subjects, and she enters (say) 6.. Next i...
[1 reply] : It sounds like you want a dynamic array to store each piece of data. ... (by Zhuge)
problem with long long int

When I am trying to use the long long int variable with the number 123456789012345 dev C++ says there is an error and gives the message "integer constant is too...
[10 replies] Last: According to http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/types , the sta... (by long double main)
How to make a specific key to do something in a console?

So, I know how to do this in windows.h: WM_KEYDOWN: 'A'; But how do I do that in console? Is it the getch() function? getch(); If it is how...
[2 replies] Last: Well thanks. Wow. I didn't realize it was THAT much just for that. I w... (by AceDawg45)
Exceptions

This is supposed to be a basic program that calculates the area of a rectangle but has a catch statement if one or of the dimensions (length, width) is less tha...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/pointers/ #include <iostream> ... (by mobotus)
January 2014 Pages: 1... 424344
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.