Beginners - January 2018 (Page 19)

by Sh0es
Using Private Data in Copy and Move Constructors

How do I implement t copy and move constructors without providing methods to access private data I want to remain "behind the scenes?"
[9 replies] Last: I don't see how this breaks encapsulation; you're the one designing th... (by Ganado)
by Daim
l need help

hello everyone.l am learning c++ on my own and i got confused with "cin.ignore() and cin.clear()".l searched alot on google but end up getting that these two ar...
[2 replies] Last: This site has an API reference that clearly spells out what each of th... (by PanGalactic)
Please Help

I'm pretty new to C++, I'm a student in school. And I have this task I need to finish and submit soon. But this one question is still confusing me. Can someone ...
[3 replies] Last: To extract the digits out of an integer number, you need to know just ... (by Ganado)
function prototype

I am a beginner in C++.I need to project the sum but it will not project. Please help. #include <iostream> using namespace std; //function prototyp...
[3 replies] Last: So... since you didn't address jonnin's issues, I'll ask the obvious q... (by MikeyBoy)
by cn00by
function return map value => iterator crashs prg, why?

hello, i have an easy example that crashs. but i did not know the reason. the iterator != end() check doesnt work, it prints me the 3rd element, but only 2 el...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Try this for loop, it is a safer way of iterating through a conta... (by TheIdeasMan)
Help ! Error correction.

This is a simple rock, paper, scissors game written by me. But whenever I select 1,2,3 the program terminates abrubtly and when I press 4 the results are shown ...
[3 replies] Last: Actually I'm in 11th std and have just started learning C++ this year.... (by Sunny2612)
My first game (HELP)

Hello, I need help with this code. I am trying to build a minus game, where you in the start choose a number and then the program takes that number and then you...
[3 replies] Last: if (Player == 1) Comparing floating point values with == doesn't wor... (by Thomas1965)
Defining a constant

What is the recommanded procedure ? From my "reading" : const int UNSET { 0 }; or #define UNSET 0 I may be mixing apples and oranges here TIA Miche...
[18 replies] Last: > now I can have Greek characters for variable names. Most coding gui... (by JLBorges)
by Finky
Easter Calculations

I can't seem to find the Error by the calculations are off by 1(sometimes +1 other times -1) and the months are totally wrong. #include <iostream> using nam...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, i will check it out.. (by Finky)
Grade sorting C++?

I am a beginner at coding C++. My task is to read up to 100 student numbers and test scores from the keyboard (provide a method to end the input before reachin...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much. What did you mean with "Write a function to get a s... (by tidematic)
Removing an item from a vector

I am trying to write a method that removes an integer from a vector, but it gives me the following error. use ‘&’ to create a pointer to member. The metho...
[3 replies] Last: If you still have problems, post your modified code. (by jlb)
Audio Bit Depth problems

Hi guys, I've been working on simple fourier transforms and outputting various waves as raw data. I've started outputting in other bit rates as a pose to just ...
[3 replies] Last: Why are you only trying to write part of that int (output)? Shouldn't ... (by jlb)
by darje
Building a Tree problem

Not asking for solution or something but seems like every Time i wan tto run this code its stucks ..(something wrong) and i cant find where's the problem in m...
[6 replies] Last: You're welcome. (by Ganado)
by dwasge
C++ Delete all under line

Hi! I need help. I have a simple text file (test.txt) In this file, is any text.. Like sdgg dsgsgsdg gdsgsgs asdjsdf asl fa And after this is there ...
[2 replies] Last: OH thank you. I am so stupid XD (by dwasge)
Histogram Help!

This program analyzes an array of numbers. Everything in the program works, so don't worry about any other functions. I got to the histogram part, and found a s...
[4 replies] Last: @Duthomhas Yea, I understand. This is my first year programming, and I... (by mickeraiello)
Functor taking argument

I have a customer class containing Name and Age. I am wrapping the customer class in a shared pointer and made a vector of the shared pointer. I have taken 3 c...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <mem... (by JLBorges)
Can't detect newline while parsing CSV

I am using a CSV file as input. This file gives features of seals, there are 23 values(columns) per entry. When I output rawdata I expect to see the last entry...
[9 replies] Last: boost::tokenizer with boost::escaped_list_separator http://www.boo... (by JLBorges)
Making Multi-dimensional Matrices...Using User-defined Functions

Write three user defined functions in C++ programing having following distinct processes: 1 Addition of two matrices 2 Subtraction of two matrices 3 Multipli...
[no replies]
while (x!='<letter>') does not work, does with number

solved: || should be &&. I'm making a dieroller. I take the input in as a string, for example 1d1. The first while loop finds the number before d, second the n...
[3 replies] Last: x_str = ... This is the same problem as elo mentioned. When i=0 , ... (by Repeater)
C++ programming book with best practices

Hello, I am a fairly decent programmer looking to deepen my understanding of c++. Technically I am a freshman in college however I have been coding for quite aw...
[1 reply] : Since you have programming skills already I would recommend: https://w... (by Thomas1965)
January 2018 Pages: 1... 171819202122
  Archived months: [dec2017] [feb2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.