Beginners - January 2018 (Page 21)

need some help please

Hello, QUESTION: why price input as 10000 then the value of payment is 0? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { float price, payment;...
[4 replies] Last: 95/100*price is parsed as (95/100) * price (multiplication an... (by JLBorges)
by Handge
How to loop using time

So how would I go about doing this: looping something every N seconds for N seconds?
[1 reply] : See: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/201911/#msg962748 (by JLBorges)
by Carat1
getting text from website

hi i want to get text from a website like google docs sort of like getting text from a txt file on my pc example: richTextBox33->LoadFile("C:\\Users\\Admini...
[4 replies] Last: thank you! (by Carat1)
by Thelps
What's wrong with this code? (Find word in .txt file)

Trying to write some code to parse a .txt file for a searched-for word. Could anyone help correct this code rather than suggesting a totally new way to do th...
[2 replies] Last: Your code doesn't match the title of your post. That's true. The ... (by cire)
Help with library function

Write your question here. I am handling DCM (dicom) images. I want to compare different images by their pixel values. I have found function which function which...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your answer, I'll try that. Your explanation w... (by beginner12345)
Comparing case insensitive char array.

Hi everyone. I was searching for comparing string case insensitively, from IBM website I found strcmpi()function compares and working perfectly in DEV...
[12 replies] Last: alright, thats making sense now.. (by Hassibayub)
Why do I receive errors for using getline?

Hello, Whilst running example code from a textbook, I receive errors from the compiler in relation to using getline(). I would like to extract the string fr...
[1 reply] : The code works if you change the type of name and phoneNo to std::stri... (by Peter87)
how to write prime number in vector

#include <iostream> #include<conio.h> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main () { int n; cin>>n; int prime=1;; vector<int>prime...
[3 replies] Last: how can i write value into vector Depends. You do create a vecto... (by keskiverto)
by imren
how to remove the negative elements from the vector.

#include <iostream> #include<conio.h> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main () { vector<int>B(8); cout<<"elements"<<endl; B =3; ...
[4 replies] Last: Note that std::vector has two versions of erase(). The one used in thi... (by keskiverto)
could not convert '& fileInput' from 'std::ifstream* to 'std::ifstream'

I have taken the code from this website http://www.coderslexicon.com/file-chunking-and-merging-in-c/ but it doesn't compile properly. I have no idea what I did ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, I get it now (by alfie nsugh)
Confused on whether it reads from Right-to-left or Left-to-Right?

I am a bit in confusion on when I compile my program, it's reading from Right to Left or Left to Right. I have a sample program and a particular program from th...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much to all, links have helped and I get it now. (by Bayan Khorshidi Berkeley)
Minesweeper

MY TASK Try to write a program to give Minesweeper fields hints. INPUT The input will consist of an arbitrary number of fields. The first line of each fiel...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Andy, OK, I'll try. Thanks a lot! kryptomega (by kr36k20050105)
console window hiding

Here is my code.But first of all i dont understand anything about what the stealth function is doing and second it doesn't work. #include<iostream> #in...
[2 replies] Last: do you have any simple cross platform option? Cause i would avoid usin... (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
where do i get c++ classes

Write your question here. I have a number of computers, i.e. PCs, Arduino,Pi, etc. I know basic programming and how objects and classes work. My question is ...
[2 replies] Last: @jonnin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi Quite a nifty lit... (by TheIdeasMan)
by powsem
Use "make" command

Hello! I try buiding bitcoin core from source code. Follow the instruction and have errors: " error: toolset gcc initialization: error: provided command ...
[2 replies] Last: We need information about your build environment. You should not need... (by mbozzi)
snake game

I'm working through a youtube tutorial on making a snake game and have came accross an error I can't seem to solve. when 0 passes over 'F' a new 'F' should s...
[1 reply] : One problem i see is at line 43 if (i == fruitX && j == fruitY) i repr... (by Thomas1965)
by omar18
help with arrays

hi everybody, so i have an exam next week and i was practicing and i found this code, can you explain to me why when i run it, it gives me a = 20 and a = 17....
[3 replies] Last: understood, thank you very much. (by omar18)
please simple code

I need simple code to run a c++ program in the background. I mean not display a window. The ones on the net are too brief or complicated. Also how would i clos...
[no replies]
simple site opener

I saw very complicated programs on net to open a site but i want to make a simple c++ program to open a site. Here is my code but it does not open the site.A...
[3 replies] Last: thanks guys. (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Well, I hate typing up an answer to find a question deleted.

OP: Stuff about finding palindromes in a string. Response: You must first think about how to solve the problem. (You are jumping into the code too soon.) ...
[2 replies] Last: The original poster asked about finding all instances of a palindrome ... (by Duthomhas)
January 2018 Pages: 1... 19202122
  Archived months: [dec2017] [feb2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.