Beginners - January 2018 (Page 3)

by Millet
Homework

I need help with the question below. My answers are posted below the question, but I'm not really su...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Millet, in addition to what chicofeo said in "b and d" as I hav... (by Handy Andy)
by Bow
hello my friends

can someone locate what have i done wrong ? // forth2 #include <iostream> #include <string> ...
[3 replies] Last: Oh , you are right . thanks a lot guys!! (by Bow)
by vitcal
Reshape vector

Hi, my task is to reshape a vector in order to build a matrix. In particular, let say i have a vect...
[10 replies] Last: > to reproduce something like matlab's reshape boost::multi_array doe... (by JLBorges)
by Millet
Homework

I can't get the below code to compile and run, I keep getting a LNK2019 error in visual studio. Does...
[7 replies] Last: It doesn't print anything because the code fails to compile. (by FurryGuy)
Personal project: else/if statement problem

Hello, This is just a personal project and the problem is when ever "rtd" equals to 10 I get both of...
[3 replies] Last: Look at line 38. What's wrong? Multiple problems with it. (by FurryGuy)
Help With Average

I have been doing this project for an assignment and every time I run it with any 3 numbers as the g...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome. I highly suggest using what's called a "debugger", whi... (by Ganado)
HELP!!

Hey all, hope you are doing good. I have a question to ask and it has been bothering me for a while ...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, something is really wrong with my logic, but thanks so much joe8... (by CrixStixs)
if/else only giving else cout message

I'm very new to c++ and I was told by a lecturer to experiment with it at home, I'm using the if/els...
[2 replies] Last: that seemed to work thank you so much! (by Alldeezwaffles)
class and overloading operators

Hello guys, i am new here and just have begun to programe a little bit so there is something i dont...
[3 replies] Last: One way to do it is declare friend ostream& operator<<(ostream& oss... (by jlb)
Giving an array in form of pointer to a function as parameter

Hello guys, I need to give an array to a function. Different functions will give this function ar...
[4 replies] Last: @ jlb, Also size_t is an implementation defined unsigned type, usual... (by Handy Andy)
by Zoren
How to use do while loop to display menu?

Hi everyone! I'm new to C++ and this is what I coded in the last few days: #include <iostream>...
[6 replies] Last: Hello Zoren, This is something I like to do. See if it meets what you... (by Handy Andy)
Just one string member shared by all objects

With this, with each new objetct i'm creating an array of four pointers to four literal char strings...
[4 replies] Last: C++14: If a constexpr static data member is odr-used , a definitio... (by JLBorges)
by Dr4g
Problem with scanf_s and printf.

Hi everyone,I'm a beginner at this and I was doing some exercises,but every time the result was some...
[4 replies] Last: You're welcome - glad I could help! (by MikeyBoy)
dynamic arrays

my program must ask a user to enter the size of the array that stores exam marks. create the array a...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, my program works perfectly now. (by sphinxxx69)
Why do I only output 2 items from my linked list despite creating multiple structures?

Hello, I am writing a simple program that works as a telephone directory but in a doubly linked ...
[1 reply] : The problem is on line 169. Instead of setting pcurrent->nextaddr to... (by coder777)
number of occurrences

My program is supposed to read the number of occurrences of a word from a text file but it doesn't w...
[2 replies] Last: 1. Check that your file actually opened. Yes, really! 2. Use std::stri... (by lastchance)
Meaning of "&" operator in this context?

Hello, I've bought the book, "Professional C++" as a way to teach myself more about the language and...
[2 replies] Last: First, please post code with code tags. See http://www.cplusplus.com/a... (by keskiverto)
by ebba
HW

It only outputs to 2 digits! So, in the example below, it outputs 2.25. Not sure what's going on. ...
[2 replies] Last: - You use newApprox on line 18 without initialising it. - You never ch... (by lastchance)
HW help

I am attempting to write this code for class. However, when I submit the code, I keep getting back a...
[7 replies] Last: Thank-you so much for your help. I completed the assignment. It turns ... (by Wholetruth)
my while loop doesn't stop

i'm writing a program that classifies positive integers as odd or even but when I type a number the ...
[1 reply] : x doesn't change within the while loop, so the loop either doesn't run... (by dhayden)
January 2018 Pages: 12345... 22
  Archived months: [dec2017] [feb2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.