Beginners - July 2012 (Page 2)

Probably a stupid mistake but I can't find it

#include <iostream> class Tricycle { public: Tricycle(int initialAge); ~Tricycle(); int getSpe...
[2 replies] Last: As it turns out there's more than 1 stupid mistake. brake(). Thanks ... (by michael370662)
file handling

i am using dev c++ 5.2.0.3 and this code shows no error in compiling but still does not run #in...
[7 replies] Last: hey it is doing well #include<iostream> #include<fstream> using name... (by newbie17)
Need help with a menu program

So I'm doing a menu program that follows these rules: Your code need to have the following features...
[7 replies] Last: Hi there, You will need to close the ifstream where the file is open ... (by NwN)
How to setup a keyhook

i have my main function Main() { } and i want to setup a keyhook or hotkey so when key'd dow...
[1 reply] : Hi there, main() is automatically called as a starting point for your... (by NwN)
by chief
question about classes

Hello. I made a mockup game with just classes and no actual real code yet to just see if this ...
[11 replies] Last: Hi there, Seems like you're getting on pretty well here, good on you.... (by NwN)
Struggling with inheritance

I'm having trouble inheriting a protected base class member in a derived class. I'm basically tryi...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for your help everyone. I figured out the issue: I didn't have ... (by PadreDoom)
Array problem. HELP PLEASE

So I have this activity for programming class and so far these are the codes I came up with. I'm onl...
[5 replies] Last: Hi there, As previously mentioned, it's best to use codetags when pos... (by NwN)
by steev
why .... :(

guys ... void test ( int ary ) ; why I must determine the numbers of columns in this head...
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, For a more in detail explanation of what Mr. Vaghani explai... (by NwN)
by Ernest
While loop

not sure why, nether my while loop or my if else statement is not working on line 29 and 38 getting ...
[4 replies] Last: You cannot do this!! if (number > 2147483647) Because any number b... (by ToniAz)
by Zu007
two string addition by function overload

plz correct the program in this program i'm adding two strings by using binary addition operator(+)...
[2 replies] Last: If you're not referring to the string class in C++, but character stri... (by ToniAz)
by daniya
need c++ text book.

Guyz please can any one of you help me with a well comprehended c++ text book for beginners? I have ...
[3 replies] Last: I'm a beginner as well. Here are my favorites: Starting Out With C++ ... (by ocasio101)
Looping issue

I'm making a nooby program and im trying to loop code, so like when you say yes to something and you...
[2 replies] Last: While(something is true){many lines of code}, for(something initializ... (by Onigato)
RC Filter Please Help!!!

void Filter::getResistor() { double res; double tol; cout<<endl<<"Enter resist...
[2 replies] Last: I have resistor defined in my Resistor.h file. //Resistor.h //Progra... (by treyriggins)
Regular Sort of my Netpay

So I'm digging deeper into my payroll program and learning new things as I go. Last thing I did was...
[6 replies] Last: Figured it all out guys here's the finished product: #include <iostr... (by LaC0saNostra)
Really simple code is getting a wierd error

So im coding using xcode ( i know i know i know, i shouldnt use xcode but i am and i will continue t...
[2 replies] Last: I figured it out! I apparently had accidentally enabled a breakpoint t... (by ryanvkeller)
by Doth
Nested class question

I was once making a text based game to take a pause from learning. I made a class Character to repre...
[1 reply] : This works even if Item is private: class Player { private: class Ite... (by Peter87)
inheritance question

What I want to do is take a predefined matrix class (ideally from Boost.matrix) and use inheritance ...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, thanks for the changes naraku! That did the trick and it compiled... (by Glen Jenness)
Declaring String Array

My compiler is giving me a handful of error on just this one line. I have used this technique before...
[4 replies] Last: thank you guys, i figured it out (by i2Fluffy)
by Aikawa
How to do it this function question?

A function called sumofSeries that takes two parameters, the numbers x and n, and find the sum of th...
[2 replies] Last: Maybe easier to think about it like this: x = 2, n = 4 (2 1 * 4) + ... (by Lowest0ne)
by Aikawa
I'm stuck at array's question

Answer the following question regarding an array called dArray (for part a,b,c). (a) Declare a t...
[1 reply] : Hi there, [quote=Forum Rules]Don't post homework questions Programmer... (by NwN)
July 2012 Pages: 1234... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.