Beginners - July 2012 (Page 3)

by Aikawa
How to do this complicated question?

In the 13th century, the Italian mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci—as a way to explain the geometri...
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, Please post some more specifics on what it is that you stru... (by NwN)
by Aikawa
I stuck at this basic question?

/* * File: Anonymous.cpp * ------------------ * This program doesn't do anything useful and ex...
[1 reply] : (a) -> prototype is line 3 and 4 definition is at line 10 and line 16 ... (by HiteshVaghani1)
by daniya
QUADRATIC FORMULA CODES

hello, am new in c++, i have tried to code the quadratic formula but surferring from several error. ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you. I now understand. (by daniya)
getline(cin, string) is giving me a weird glith

Pretty much I am asking the user for how many people are playing. After that I use a vector to make ...
[1 reply] : When executing this line: cin>>num_players; the program skips le... (by Cubbi)
by Zu007
how to make additon function(for char)

i'm wanted to make addition function for ma class. #include<string.h> #include<iostream.h> cla...
[3 replies] Last: Dev-C++ or Turbo C++ strikes again :( (by Moschops)
System Programming with C:Questions

Hello all, I am now following the PPT from my gf's c++ class and trying to do the last homework. Bas...
[6 replies] Last: int pid = fork(); if( pid==-1 ){ perror("fork"); return 1; } if... (by ne555)
Need help with ARRAYS please!!!

I am trying to write a program that uses arrays and this is my first time. You have an index of 100 ...
[1 reply] : What's wrong with the answer you got in your other thread? (by Peter87)
by Krofna
memset() crash

I got 2D array(50x50) of structs: PathfinderNode** PathfindingGrid; struct PathfinderNode { ...
[4 replies] Last: - I thought of that, but there is a performance overhead - Grid dime... (by Krofna)
Program using void functions

Hello. I am trying to learn C++ and I am making a program that turns phone numbers into words. For e...
[17 replies] Last: Two comments: 1) Why did you take out the switch statement? 2) You... (by AbstractionAnon)
How can i pass an entire Array into a function parameter by value? (no pointer/ref pass)

C/C++ Language in g++.I want to pass an entire Array (2D or 1D) into a function by value without pas...
[5 replies] Last: Here is some example of it.. i learnt from there so i think that may ... (by HiteshVaghani1)
Need some assistance using vectors with classes

Pretty much I have a game where I want the user to enter in a number of players playing against each...
[3 replies] Last: Oh, sorry for that, I made a mistake in the name of your class. It sho... (by KRAkatau)
by Ch1156
Array in class

I have an array in my class but i cant figure out how to use it in my program, i fixed some issues w...
[4 replies] Last: Hi there, The example Mr. Moschops gave uses dynamic memory: http://c... (by NwN)
Please help me check what's wrong

#include <iostream> class Tricycle { public: int getSpeed(); void setSpeed(int speed); void pe...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for all your input. I've solved the problem (by michael370662)
2 issues I cannot figure out

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> #include <strin...
[11 replies] Last: I am so glad I could help! :) Don't forget to mark the thread as "solv... (by bool)
inheritance

i am making a program to store data of bank #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<string...
[9 replies] Last: Try VC++ (by Akshit)
by beakie
"infinite" amount of params like printf... how to?

How do I make a function with an unspecified amount of parameters... like printf does()? Cheers
[2 replies] Last: In C++11 you can use variadic templates. The advantages with this appr... (by Peter87)
by beakie
How to call another constructor?

How can I call a constructor from a constructor? Txt::Txt(int i) { this->Txt(""); }; ...
[2 replies] Last: In C++11 you can do it like this Txt::Txt(int i) : Txt("") {} ... (by Peter87)
Proper commands for making games

I've been surfing around the internet and these forums and from what I've seen using cout/cin is not...
[4 replies] Last: cin and cout is great because they are standard and works on every C++... (by Peter87)
by ToniAz
Default Parmeters for Function/Struct in C

Hello Everyone! I'm really not sure if this issue is compiler dependent, or language dependent. I...
[1 reply] : you can't have default parameters for classes or structs. You can prov... (by coder777)
by beakie
ASIN / NAN

1) Why does asin(28.867514) not return a number? 2) How can I check for -1.#IND000 in c++?
[3 replies] Last: See here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cmath/asin/ (by guestgulkan)
July 2012 Pages: 12345... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.