Beginners - July 2012 (Page 4)

Nested Lists: how to add an item to a list of Lists

Hi guys, I am new on the board. I am learning about list of lists. I am trying to add elements t...
[1 reply] : list<item> listEntry // in the "for" loop is local variable and just m... (by Benjay)
Class problem

Can someone point me in the right direction please? I think I have made a simple mistake but I can't...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you Moschops, declaring the namespace fixed most of the problems... (by i2Fluffy)
by mgbuhj
can't open output file!

I've been trying to compile this code for quite a while now, and I'm still having errors. The code ...
[4 replies] Last: What do/did u want line 61 to do ? Did u try ne555's suggestions ? (by soranz)
I am having issues with my C++ coding . Any Advice?

Can anyone give me advice or guidance with this C++ program, i keep getting errors, and I'm not sure...
[1 reply] : Hi ! Please use code tags to format ur code I'm having trouble unders... (by soranz)
by mgbuhj
extracting data from a file to do calculations

I'm trying to write a program that opens a user-defined file (when prompted), and within that file ...
[3 replies] Last: Your if statement is still messed up. 75) Still has an extraneous br... (by AbstractionAnon)
Creating an array of pointers.

Hello again, I'm working on concept of RPG text game. I decided, that class Location should have m...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you all for your help. I guess I will give vector a try. :) (by MatthewRock)
application doesn't run outside of IDE

I have built a sdl based game which runs fine in the IDE (codeblocks) but not outside it (be opening...
[3 replies] Last: Code::Blocks doesn't close your program at the end and waits for you t... (by MatthewRock)
Pointer to a function used in arithmetic

Hello everybody. First post here. Wonder if you could help me with this warning: pointer to a functi...
[3 replies] Last: That is one thing I forget about, so I just always do int main(int ar... (by BHX)
by beakie
Returning classes from operator+ ... error

I have built a class to handle char pointer arrays. The code errors on the return from the operat...
[1 reply] : If you need a destructor, a copy constructor or an assignment operator... (by ne555)
Zombie game script failing

I've been writing a simple text-based zombie survival game. very simple if your experianced. one big...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, and i will try to (by tillo25)
Copy constructor

Why do we bother and make a copy constructor in a class? I did not understand the documentation att...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you a lot! (by gethelpcpp123)
Help!

I don't really understand "while" control structure with (--) and (++). Here's what I learned about ...
[6 replies] Last: Something that should be clarified a bit is that as long as a variable... (by Volatile Pulse)
Small bug in simple array sorting I can't find.

I'm working on a homework assignment (we are allowed to get help), and I am 99% done, but I can't se...
[6 replies] Last: So its working now? (by Akshit)
Segmentation fault and "War" card game

Hi, I'm receiving the following error after trying to debug my project. Signal received: SIGSEG...
[1 reply] : Your code is so hard to read due to the inconsistent spacing. But I be... (by Volatile Pulse)
Hello, everyone!

uhmm, do you have any purpose with this thread? Smells kinda fake
[1 reply] : I am looking for C + + learning materials.I am very pleased to find he... (by qinqinshan)
Modular Programing Perspective?

I need a Program In C or either Pascal, including 2 conditions of (if-else) + loops (fixed and non ...
[no replies]
3 days into self teaching c++, need help

as the title says im 3 days into learning c++, the book im reading though is (imho) put together in ...
[2 replies] Last: I think I worded that wrong. But in the tmp file there's like 4 whites... (by soulife)
What is wrong with my program?

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my program? I can't get it to properly run. #include<...
[3 replies] Last: I'm only 3 days into learning this stuff and I'm pretty much looking a... (by soulife)
problem in the class

hi first i want to thank you guys for helping me alot in c++ until this day in this forum. an...
[5 replies] Last: I see you still haven't learned about local scoped variables. You're ... (by AbstractionAnon)
How would I write a code with loop for this scene?

How would I write a code with loop for this scene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lge2_H_8IQ
[1 reply] : while (1 == 1) bang Dr. Boyer (by IceThatJaw)
July 2012 Pages: 123456... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.