Beginners - July 2012 (Page 4)

Help!

I don't really understand "while" control structure with (--) and (++). Here's what I learned about "while": - If ( 4 > 0 ) is true, then the statements will e...
[6 replies] Last: Something that should be clarified a bit is that as long as a variable... (by Volatile Pulse)
Small bug in simple array sorting I can't find.

I'm working on a homework assignment (we are allowed to get help), and I am 99% done, but I can't seem to get a simple array to sort from least to most. Its th...
[6 replies] Last: So its working now? (by Akshit)
Segmentation fault and "War" card game

Hi, I'm receiving the following error after trying to debug my project. Signal received: SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) For program final_project, pid 8,900...
[1 reply] : Your code is so hard to read due to the inconsistent spacing. But I be... (by Volatile Pulse)
Hello, everyone!

uhmm, do you have any purpose with this thread? Smells kinda fake
[1 reply] : I am looking for C + + learning materials.I am very pleased to find he... (by qinqinshan)
Modular Programing Perspective?

I need a Program In C or either Pascal, including 2 conditions of (if-else) + loops (fixed and non fixed both) in Modular Programing Perspective? what ...
[no replies]
3 days into self teaching c++, need help

as the title says im 3 days into learning c++, the book im reading though is (imho) put together in a weird way, i have to jump around a lot to search for answe...
[2 replies] Last: I think I worded that wrong. But in the tmp file there's like 4 whites... (by soulife)
What is wrong with my program?

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my program? I can't get it to properly run. #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include <string> using name...
[3 replies] Last: I'm only 3 days into learning this stuff and I'm pretty much looking a... (by soulife)
problem in the class

hi first i want to thank you guys for helping me alot in c++ until this day in this forum. and here ,, i have homework to do , program that can add and e...
[5 replies] Last: I see you still haven't learned about local scoped variables. You're ... (by AbstractionAnon)
How would I write a code with loop for this scene?

How would I write a code with loop for this scene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lge2_H_8IQ
[1 reply] : while (1 == 1) bang Dr. Boyer (by IceThatJaw)
Idea for C++ final project

Hi everyone, i m just a newbie in C++ but my prof request us to do a C++ final project including all of these following: 1. At least four user-defined func...
[5 replies] Last: net snd from an output'ed batch script, add bomb (computer) or flood (... (by soulife)
by sanu
STORING IN AN ARRAY

Suppose a function prints out the numbers : 1 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 is there any methods to store the output numbers into the new array?
[4 replies] Last: @Moschops: Thanks for your reply.. I already tackle this another way. ... (by sanu)
Reading from files argument help

Hi, I am trying to write a program for uni that will read two different .txt files and output some data about them. I am fairly confident I can do this I just c...
[12 replies] Last: but I want to save all the student.ids I read in to access them late... (by soranz)
Argument parameters in main function?

Why do some programs have parameters in the main function and some do not? I see this a lot and have always wondered. Some look like this... int _tmain(i...
[5 replies] Last: @i2Fluffy Why do some programs have parameters in the main functio... (by vlad from moscow)
Problem with the loop

I need to write a program so the output will become like this: How many students? 3 Student 1 mark : 987 INVALID Student 1 mark : 25 Student 2 mark : 90 Studen...
[10 replies] Last: I tried if but not work. Maybe something wrong with my source code. Th... (by Nur Zafri)
c++ Calc Code

Hi If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. I am trying to make a calculator program. I am currently using MS Studios 2010, with Window 7 Premium system. ...
[4 replies] Last: It is kind of a bad calculator, but I think it might be a little more ... (by Latrakx)
Console-based to GUI

I have made a console-based calculator in c++ and now I would like to make a GUI for it ( not sure if GUI is the right thing, you know buttons and stuff) The c...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, think i will take your advice and stick with console for a whi... (by Latrakx)
How often do I need to seed SRAND? And another question

In the following loop, how often do I need to seed srand to ensure I get a different random number for my trapX and Y variables? for (int i = 0; i < numTra...
[3 replies] Last: Call it once in main(). Using a class for this would be abuse of OO. I... (by Athar)
Weird printf :\ (1,2)

Hi everyone... I have code in three different files. I would like you to have a look at it. MersenneTwister.h #ifndef MERSENNETWISTER_H #define MERSENNE...
[20 replies] Last: Oh! I read it like: Does it work? and I like [to know] how you'... (by Zia Ur Rehman)
by Yasar
Begginers excercises (1,2)

hello , i have started to do the beginners excercises , also if any1 could tell me if any of my codes are going wrong in any place it is much appreciated :) he...
[29 replies] Last: hey i have done the second task for string functions : int _tmain(int... (by Yasar)
understanding a simple pointers code

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void main() { int *p; int *pa; pa=new int ; for (int i=0;i<100;i++) pa =2*i; p=pa; cout<<p <<...
[8 replies] Last: To me, that sounds like an iterator is exactly a pointer. All pointe... (by Moschops)
July 2012 Pages: 123456... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.