Beginners - July 2012 (Page 5)

Programable Devices

What are some I could program with C++? aside from the computer. >.>
[5 replies] Last: The Arduino uses a C-based language called "Arduino". No. From the ... (by ascii)
bizarre compiler errors using templates

I'm a Java dev migrating to C++, so as a practice exercise for learning function pointers and templates, I'm trying to write code for Array classes. I'm using V...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks so much. I hesitated at "abstract" but VS bolded it, so I thoug... (by detroitmatt)
Arrays

hi. i have been having a hard time trying to use arrays on my program :/ im supposed to create a program that will accept no. for the last loop then displa...
[4 replies] Last: I don't think that reverses the array... here, this reverses it. #... (by Zephilinox)
Implementing Sieve of Eratosthenes

So, I've been project euler problems lately, and hit one that asks for the 10,001st prime number. After some research, it seems as if a sieve is the way to go. ...
[12 replies] Last: J? (by Zephilinox)
Need Help with my c++ programming class.

I need assistance in understanding c++ programming. I'm in a class right now, and I do not understand anything. I feel like nothing is being explained how it sh...
[7 replies] Last: These are some great answers, but if you want to learn c++ you will ne... (by Zephilinox)
float keeping 0 as a last digit (e.g 0.50 instead of 0.5)

is there something I can do to make this happen? I'm tried looking at setting precision but it doesn't seem to work, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be lo...
[2 replies] Last: thanks anyway, but you were 2 minutes too late :3 (by Zephilinox)
Class template problem

Hey, I am trying to learn how templates work(and how can I make use of them). I want to make class Coordinates, that allows me to create coordinates of various...
[1 reply] : Templates is a bit special so you should implement the print() functio... (by Peter87)
a question about classes

In all the practice exercises I do involving classes all I am doing is calling classes to call functions or variables...but it is a little more confusing than j...
[5 replies] Last: Also i want to point out that classes are not ONLY for organization. ... (by stoffe1100)
What's the point of CMAKE?

What's the point of CMAKE, is it just a magic makefile creator? And if CMAKE is just a magic makefile creator is there any need to exhaustively learn to writ...
[2 replies] Last: If you're making your own projects, you need makefiles (if applicable ... (by Stewbond)
What level am I at?

At the end I posted my latest stuff. I have studied the basics, classes, arrays, some recursion, some cinder(graphical library), encryption, random number gener...
[1 reply] : Hey ! I'll start by mentioning that I'm not a really advanced programm... (by TwoOfDiamonds)
Why are my outputs like so

im comparing my 2 strings via stricmp and im getting an output but im wondering why it does it like i think it does str1 = "a" str2 = "b" since 1 is less...
[4 replies] Last: ooo ty (by snaxpax)
Creating a simple timer

How could I make this function delay the progress of my program? I would rather learn how to make a timer like this and not just use a simple one word function ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by i2Fluffy)
by Untrue
Another link list problem

I'm getting a program error at the end part of the program. I did some tracing and I didn't see anything wrong in the code but there could be since I still have...
[1 reply] : First loop is for i < 5 ,so it will run 0 ... 4 if(i>5)// this... (by Benjay)
question re virtual destructors

I am an experienced C programmer, who is just learning C++. I have a base class CVListView (which is a wrapper around the Windows virtual listview control), an...
[3 replies] Last: In a nutshell, you want a virtual destructor if you are using derived... (by IceThatJaw)
Help with stricmp outputs

i was wondering how the outputs worked for stricmp in otherwords how you could calculate what the out put would be for example i found this printf( "%d\...
[4 replies] Last: ok i got it and it works now i realized i was trying to say opposite o... (by snaxpax)
Finding the 3rd highest value

Can somebody teach me a code on how to find the 3rd highest value. for example. At start, the program ask how many loops(or numbers the user wants to add) ...
[7 replies] Last: I ahve not understood you. The most highest is 6. Then 5 follows. And ... (by vlad from moscow)
malloc -- Initializer element is not constant

So here is a piece of code. It's in C but I don't think that matters (does it?). #define SZ_GENERATOR_STATE 624 unsigned int * InitializeGenerator(unsi...
[5 replies] Last: @ vlad from moscow : Thank you very much for the alternate implementat... (by Zia Ur Rehman)
A few questions, especially about bitwise operators.

Ok, now I see the "&" operator in front of an object quite often, just one object. It was my understanding that the bitwise AND was used with two? And why is th...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, thank you, I now understand the strcat bit, and it works well eno... (by Subsentient)
recursively check if a string contains a vowel

I am trying to write a recursive function to check if a string contains a vowel.. Here is my code but it does not return the correct value, can anyone help me ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, your code works perfectly! My code throws an out-of... (by zrbruby)
help with Binary Search

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include <algorithm> using namespace std; // global ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, i switched some stuff around to make the flow more efficient, and ... (by scu1casper)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.