Beginners - July 2012 (Page 5)

Idea for C++ final project

Hi everyone, i m just a newbie in C++ but my prof request us to do a C++ final project including a...
[5 replies] Last: net snd from an output'ed batch script, add bomb (computer) or flood (... (by soulife)
by sanu
STORING IN AN ARRAY

Suppose a function prints out the numbers : 1 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 is there any methods to store the out...
[4 replies] Last: @Moschops: Thanks for your reply.. I already tackle this another way. ... (by sanu)
Reading from files argument help

Hi, I am trying to write a program for uni that will read two different .txt files and output some d...
[12 replies] Last: but I want to save all the student.ids I read in to access them late... (by soranz)
Argument parameters in main function?

Why do some programs have parameters in the main function and some do not? I see this a lot and have...
[5 replies] Last: @i2Fluffy Why do some programs have parameters in the main functio... (by vlad from moscow)
Problem with the loop

I need to write a program so the output will become like this: How many students? 3 Student 1 mark ...
[10 replies] Last: I tried if but not work. Maybe something wrong with my source code. Th... (by Nur Zafri)
c++ Calc Code

Hi If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. I am trying to make a calculator program. I am cur...
[4 replies] Last: It is kind of a bad calculator, but I think it might be a little more ... (by Latrakx)
Console-based to GUI

I have made a console-based calculator in c++ and now I would like to make a GUI for it ( not sure i...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, think i will take your advice and stick with console for a whi... (by Latrakx)
How often do I need to seed SRAND? And another question

In the following loop, how often do I need to seed srand to ensure I get a different random number f...
[3 replies] Last: Call it once in main(). Using a class for this would be abuse of OO. I... (by Athar)
Weird printf :\ (1,2)

Hi everyone... I have code in three different files. I would like you to have a look at it. Merse...
[20 replies] Last: Oh! I read it like: Does it work? and I like [to know] how you'... (by Zia Ur Rehman)
by Yasar
Begginers excercises (1,2)

hello , i have started to do the beginners excercises , also if any1 could tell me if any of my code...
[29 replies] Last: hey i have done the second task for string functions : int _tmain(int... (by Yasar)
understanding a simple pointers code

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void main() { int *p; int *pa; pa=new int ; ...
[8 replies] Last: To me, that sounds like an iterator is exactly a pointer. All pointe... (by Moschops)
Programable Devices

What are some I could program with C++? aside from the computer. >.>
[5 replies] Last: The Arduino uses a C-based language called "Arduino". No. From the ... (by ascii)
bizarre compiler errors using templates

I'm a Java dev migrating to C++, so as a practice exercise for learning function pointers and templa...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks so much. I hesitated at "abstract" but VS bolded it, so I thoug... (by detroitmatt)
Arrays

hi. i have been having a hard time trying to use arrays on my program :/ im supposed to create ...
[4 replies] Last: I don't think that reverses the array... here, this reverses it. #... (by Zephilinox)
Implementing Sieve of Eratosthenes

So, I've been project euler problems lately, and hit one that asks for the 10,001st prime number. Af...
[12 replies] Last: J? (by Zephilinox)
Need Help with my c++ programming class.

I need assistance in understanding c++ programming. I'm in a class right now, and I do not understan...
[7 replies] Last: These are some great answers, but if you want to learn c++ you will ne... (by Zephilinox)
float keeping 0 as a last digit (e.g 0.50 instead of 0.5)

is there something I can do to make this happen? I'm tried looking at setting precision but it doesn...
[2 replies] Last: thanks anyway, but you were 2 minutes too late :3 (by Zephilinox)
Class template problem

Hey, I am trying to learn how templates work(and how can I make use of them). I want to make class ...
[1 reply] : Templates is a bit special so you should implement the print() functio... (by Peter87)
by chief
a question about classes

In all the practice exercises I do involving classes all I am doing is calling classes to call funct...
[5 replies] Last: Also i want to point out that classes are not ONLY for organization. ... (by stoffe1100)
What's the point of CMAKE?

What's the point of CMAKE, is it just a magic makefile creator? And if CMAKE is just a magic make...
[2 replies] Last: If you're making your own projects, you need makefiles (if applicable ... (by Stewbond)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.