Beginners - July 2012 (Page 52)

id returned 1 exit staus. ...?

i hae no idea whats wrong. the next two parts are also part of the program. when i put the loops after or before the percentage statement it eithers skips the l...
[14 replies] Last: Yeah, i've been doing some reading of the downloadable pdf tutorial on... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Basic applications to practice?

Hi all, just wondering what would be some programs I could create to practice my c++. So far I have done the basics in the following: File i/o, data structure...
[2 replies] Last: IMO: international math olympiad ? :o (by gelatine)
sting counting ?how?

Im trying to teach myself string but i cant get anything to display. how to you take a string and display this kind of list. I want it to look something li...
[2 replies] Last: Hey thank you for your help...I can take this and learn from it. (by kmilnedc)
by Ch1156
Slowly showing words on the screen

I was wondering how to slowly show words on the screen, like in video games when there is text on the screen and the words pop up one by one like this: http:...
[2 replies] Last: make sure you include windows.h for(int i = 0;i < NUM_WORDS;i++) { ... (by Need4Sleep)
a basic problem

include <iostream> using namespace std; class Man{ public: Man(int id){m_id = id; cout << "build" << m_id << endl;} ~Man(){cout << "destroy" << m...
[2 replies] Last: on line 16 you set 'a' equal to a different value, the line creates a ... (by Need4Sleep)
Hiding letters in guessing game

I'm working on a program to hide letters for a guessing game. The puzzle is read from a file to select a random puzzle. The puzzle can have multiple words and p...
[1 reply] : You're trying to solve everything with global variables which is bad. ... (by coder777)
by codder
float bug?

hello, void foo(int dir) { if (dir == 0) { gFloat -= 0.1f; if (gFloat <= 0.f) gFloat = 0.f; } else { gFloat += 0.1f; if (gFloat...
[3 replies] Last: Think about it, how would you go about storing anything that doesn't h... (by BlackSheep)
counters program wanna see if on right track

this program should be able to Given a file of text, assume that a "word" is 1 or more consecutive, non-whitespace characters a "sentence" is a series of wo...
[no replies]
by leeto
Sum function between two containers

I need to create function Sum() that calculates sum between two containers. Code below work fine except function Sum between two containers... How I should ...
[1 reply] : Your trying to pass a type to the function but need an object like... ... (by naraku9333)
by alan91
Program that analyse collection of N numbers

How to write a program that will find the smallest, the largest, and sum of squares values in a collection of N numbers? (using loops)
[no replies]
Using Arrays

So I'm making a sample Payroll Program to learn how to use C++ and I wanted to be able to input the company name at the top and be able to input the employee fi...
[4 replies] Last: Alright thank you bud (by LaC0saNostra)
by RayZ
Link Error raised when using string pointer...

I am new to the standard class string and pointer. What I am trying to do is using a string pointer to pass a string in to a constructor. But it doesn't work. I...
[3 replies] Last: @Zhuge Thanks a lot. I find the mistake. At the begining of my impleme... (by RayZ)
Is this the right way to invision pointers?

//increase is a function that takes in data, a pointer to something, as well as the size of the //data type pointed to by data (psize #include <iostream> us...
[2 replies] Last: The really important thing in C++ is type. It is the basis of support... (by kbw)
Arrays with variables

Hey there guys, I have a problem with a program i am making. I will show you the basic problem. int x ; for(int y=0; y<51; y++;) { x =y; //this is the ...
[10 replies] Last: count2 was supposed to be a float (by swedishfished)
Clearing the console window?

So I've started making a console based calculator that has secret functions and lots of other cool stuff (400 lines of it, too). But I find myself using SYSTEM...
[1 reply] : Try reading this: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/4z18T05o/ (by Zhuge)
by uhh
Greatest to least problem

What is wrong with it? It is not outputting in the correct order. #include <iostream> // library for input/output #include <conio.h> // console input/out...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help from both of you! Moschops, thanks for saying to ... (by uhh)
encoder not encoding a sentence

my encoder will not encode anything after it sees a space I used the getline function but that doesnot help if my phrase is welcome here the only thing encode...
[3 replies] Last: That code doesn't match up with the errors you posted. I don't see any... (by firedraco)
Help with pointers to functions

I'm trying to wrap my brain around pointers to functions. In the following code, I'm having dereferencing issues with '*z' at line 21. What am I missing? #in...
[4 replies] Last: That makes sense. Thank you! (by PadreDoom)
template help

im getting these strange errors when trying to learn templates, i appreciate any help. ERRORS: obj\Debug\main.o||In function `main':| F:\C++\TemplateSt...
[4 replies] Last: thanks, i really appreciate the help! (by Need4Sleep)
Reading from a file

Im fairly new to C++ and am currently in class. The homework problem i've been given says to download an instructor provided txt doc with 100 numbers. I have to...
[1 reply] : That for loop is going to add num into your sum num times, when you on... (by Zhuge)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 5051525354
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.