Beginners - July 2012 (Page 53)

What are Templates, Macros, and Namespaces?

I see this word a lot mentioned in some amateur books I've been reading and recently someone said to me on an IRC that if I cannot make my own templates, macros...
[1 reply] : Do these help? http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/templates/ http://cp... (by Zhuge)
List of Topics/Techniques Important to C++ programming

I was wondering if a few people with a lot of experience with C++, including maybe some practical real-world application experience, could list some or all of t...
[4 replies] Last: I belive Virtual classes is a important stage of developing a program ... (by stoffe1100)
by Naureg
Pass by reference vs pass by value

Is it more memory efficient to pass by reference than by value? (given the fact that pass by value uses a copy rather than the variable you're passing itself)
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Naureg] "Does passing by reference demand more CPU usage or mem... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by neomar
Simple parsing & identifying token

I'm a novice to the C++ platform. For my class assignment I need a solution of "Parsing token" method as simple as possible. In C it is very difficult to fi...
[1 reply] : As far as C goes, strtok() doesn't look too bad: http://www.cplusplus.... (by Lowest0ne)
Still there is an error.......Not Sure what the problem

Ok, I am still getting an error on this code. Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup Erro...
[5 replies] Last: I think you've made a Win32 Windows Application. Try making a new pro... (by Lowest0ne)
Pointers

int *p; p=NULL; cout<<"p :"<<p<<endl; char *q; q=0; cout<<"q: "<<q<<endl; string *t; t=NULL; cout<<"t: "<<t<<endl; OUTPUT p: 0 q: Press any key...
[10 replies] Last: what compiler are you using? Good Question. I guess the VS 2010 def... (by Lowest0ne)
program errors

I'm trying to make a program to allow a user to enter the number of items and then the cost of each item to calculate the sales tax. I am getting a bunch of err...
[6 replies] Last: Wow thank you all so much! It was a very silly mistake with an easy fi... (by elb5230)
Using find algorithm to identify array cell

Hi guys I currently have a program with the following string: string keyboard="qwertyuiopasdfghjkl0zxcvbnm000"; and the second string: string input="a"...
[4 replies] Last: didn't know there was a find in string as well -.- thank you, i will g... (by fuerchter)
by Vivec
Too many lines?

Hello everyone! Just started learning C++ and thought i`d have a go at a vending machine. Although its just 46 lines, im thinking theres a simpler way of ...
[11 replies] Last: Wow, I really appreciate all the inputs guys! Very helpful and good le... (by Vivec)
by mahone
Need Help With File Input.

I was trying the following exercise: Create a Text class that contains a string object to hold the text of a file. Give it two constructors: a default const...
[2 replies] Last: James2250, Thank You very much sir for giving your precious time to th... (by mahone)
static namespace members assignment SDL/OpenGL.

Hello, i am working on my first semiserious project in c++ with SDL/OpenGL. I have written a function that is supposed to load images using SDL_Image and con...
[7 replies] Last: Hmm, i ask this questing right here instead of starting a new thread. ... (by stoffe1100)
Bracketing Search Exercise Example? c++

Is there a really good example for this one? I've found this one http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/72178/ , but it's struggling with 1 and 100 and it d...
[2 replies] Last: Yep, that's it. Thank you! (by Vanapapi)
Allegro Help!

Is there a guide on how to install Allegro on Code Block? I want to start out small so I decided to make 2D games before I move on to 3D. And I don't know what ...
[2 replies] Last: @ James, derp. I'm stupid XD. lol (by DetectiveRawr)
by dubleD
Commands from eclipse(c++) into terminal

I'm lost, if something I say makes no sense please tell me and I can try to elaborate more... Anyways, I'm having to run a program through the terminal on my m...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply yall. I'm not sure I entirely understand which pa... (by dubleD)
need help with arrays, lists, counters

have this problem designing a program that interactively prompt for and read the name of an input file interactively prompt for and read a string to search fo...
[5 replies] Last: and you don't need c_str() to open a file. Just use the string (which... (by Lowest0ne)
Can't get Boolean operators to work correctly?

Hey guys, this is an extension of a problem I was working last night (and a big thanks to those that helped me). I am writing a program that will open a file an...
[6 replies] Last: OH. I think I see it. int main () { ifstream InFile; ofstream OutF... (by blueberry)
I need some help!

I am writing a program for school and am unable to get ahold of anyone to help me out. The errors I am encountering are: - error C2446: '<' : no conversion fr...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a million! That seemed to fix the errors, but still gave me a ... (by H0STILExTARGET)
a form of nested function calls

So I realize this may have been answered in another posting (if so please link it to me so no one has to copy/paste the whole response), but I'm wondering if C+...
[4 replies] Last: So I wanna call a function from the players hand that sends a request... (by shacktar)
Question about complex constructor calls

I was playing around with some code, and a question occurred to me when I was making a constructor; I know you can call to a data member in this manner: Exa...
[2 replies] Last: That's just the kind of thing I was hoping was possible, and less clun... (by Commisar Jimp)
more pointer help please :/

// increaser #include <iostream> using namespace std; void increase (void* data, int psize) { if ( psize == sizeof(char) ) { char* pchar; pchar=...
[13 replies] Last: how would you go about doing it than? With a template function, for ... (by shacktar)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 51525354
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.