Beginners - July 2012 (Page 53)

by alan91
Program that analyse collection of N numbers

How to write a program that will find the smallest, the largest, and sum of squares values in a coll...
[no replies]
Using Arrays

So I'm making a sample Payroll Program to learn how to use C++ and I wanted to be able to input the ...
[4 replies] Last: Alright thank you bud (by LaC0saNostra)
by RayZ
Link Error raised when using string pointer...

I am new to the standard class string and pointer. What I am trying to do is using a string pointer ...
[3 replies] Last: @Zhuge Thanks a lot. I find the mistake. At the begining of my impleme... (by RayZ)
Is this the right way to invision pointers?

//increase is a function that takes in data, a pointer to something, as well as the size of the //...
[2 replies] Last: The really important thing in C++ is type. It is the basis of support... (by kbw)
Arrays with variables

Hey there guys, I have a problem with a program i am making. I will show you the basic problem. ...
[10 replies] Last: count2 was supposed to be a float (by swedishfished)
Clearing the console window?

So I've started making a console based calculator that has secret functions and lots of other cool s...
[1 reply] : Try reading this: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/4z18T05o/ (by Zhuge)
by uhh
Greatest to least problem

What is wrong with it? It is not outputting in the correct order. #include <iostream> // libra...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help from both of you! Moschops, thanks for saying to ... (by uhh)
encoder not encoding a sentence

my encoder will not encode anything after it sees a space I used the getline function but that doe...
[3 replies] Last: That code doesn't match up with the errors you posted. I don't see any... (by firedraco)
Help with pointers to functions

I'm trying to wrap my brain around pointers to functions. In the following code, I'm having derefere...
[4 replies] Last: That makes sense. Thank you! (by PadreDoom)
template help

im getting these strange errors when trying to learn templates, i appreciate any help. ERRORS: ...
[4 replies] Last: thanks, i really appreciate the help! (by Need4Sleep)
Reading from a file

Im fairly new to C++ and am currently in class. The homework problem i've been given says to downloa...
[1 reply] : That for loop is going to add num into your sum num times, when you on... (by Zhuge)
What are Templates, Macros, and Namespaces?

I see this word a lot mentioned in some amateur books I've been reading and recently someone said to...
[1 reply] : Do these help? http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/templates/ http://cp... (by Zhuge)
List of Topics/Techniques Important to C++ programming

I was wondering if a few people with a lot of experience with C++, including maybe some practical re...
[4 replies] Last: I belive Virtual classes is a important stage of developing a program ... (by stoffe1100)
by Naureg
Pass by reference vs pass by value

Is it more memory efficient to pass by reference than by value? (given the fact that pass by value u...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Naureg] "Does passing by reference demand more CPU usage or mem... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by neomar
Simple parsing & identifying token

I'm a novice to the C++ platform. For my class assignment I need a solution of "Parsing token" me...
[1 reply] : As far as C goes, strtok() doesn't look too bad: http://www.cplusplus.... (by Lowest0ne)
Still there is an error.......Not Sure what the problem

Ok, I am still getting an error on this code. Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ...
[5 replies] Last: I think you've made a Win32 Windows Application. Try making a new pro... (by Lowest0ne)
Pointers

int *p; p=NULL; cout<<"p :"<<p<<endl; char *q; q=0; cout<<"q: "<<q<<endl; string *t; t=NU...
[10 replies] Last: what compiler are you using? Good Question. I guess the VS 2010 def... (by Lowest0ne)
program errors

I'm trying to make a program to allow a user to enter the number of items and then the cost of each ...
[6 replies] Last: Wow thank you all so much! It was a very silly mistake with an easy fi... (by elb5230)
Using find algorithm to identify array cell

Hi guys I currently have a program with the following string: string keyboard="qwertyuiopasdfghjk...
[4 replies] Last: didn't know there was a find in string as well -.- thank you, i will g... (by fuerchter)
by Vivec
Too many lines?

Hello everyone! Just started learning C++ and thought i`d have a go at a vending machine. Alth...
[11 replies] Last: Wow, I really appreciate all the inputs guys! Very helpful and good le... (by Vivec)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 51525354
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.