Beginners - July 2013 (Page 2)

terminating properly

how to terminate properly display message before terminating need the program to stop when i input a zero it needs to display you have entered 0 number same goe...
[9 replies] Last: well kind of. on a program this small, yes, but if i remember correctl... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by Slazer
static_cast<Derived>(base)

Why does the following code fails to compile? #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Base{ }; class Derived:public Base{ }; int main()...
[1 reply] : Because there is no valid conversion from Base to Derived. For this t... (by Peter87)
string not defined

Hello I was programming and used string as follows: . . void DisplayText(string text, int x, int y, int size, int fR, int fG, int fB, int bR, int b...
[2 replies] Last: @abhishekm71 Thanks for correcting my silly error. :) (by The illusionist mirage)
by Ludidi
Implement a recursive function to sum up numbers between two points x, and y.

Implement a recursive function to sum up numbers between two points x, and y. int sum(x, y){ return helper(total, x, y) }
[1 reply] : If the sum needs to include both x and y then assuming y > x, in... (by abhishekm71)
by Ludidi
Implement a recursive member function that finds an element in an array.

Implement a recursive member function that finds an element in an array. member([5, 4, 3, 2], 4) returns True boolean member(int arr , int x){ return he...
[no replies]
Read Advanced Code

Alright, so I finished a few Intro programming classes. But most of those classes covered just the basics. What books/reference can I turn to in order to under...
[5 replies] Last: I use makefiles in all my projects. Whether they are large or small m... (by kevinkjt2000)
C++ Object oriented programming

I have a question is there any possible way to use objects in classes, for example if I had a class called example.h and example.cpp and declared a object in ma...
[6 replies] Last: Oops... @abhishekm71 The m_ctrl member in class Slave should have be... (by andywestken)
How to search a data base and display information

Hey guys i'm new to programming and have been asked to complete this assignment but I have become confused as to how to finish it. I have the structure basical...
[no replies]
by Vigii
Calculation error

Hi, I'm trying to calculate values of array b and d. I have checked that all the values which are assigned to arrays a and b are positive values. But when ...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry, my bad. I still think you should use doubles exclusively. The... (by TheIdeasMan)
function call in another function parameter

Is there a way to send a function as a parameter of another function. Basically my idea was to have a loop function thats only job is to loop a container, and t...
[1 reply] : You can use a function pointer. http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial... (by MrHutch)
Cout-ing a ball figure

Hey guys, i'm looking for a bunch of couts to output a ball figure. anyone willing to help?
[1 reply] : A "ball figure" ??? Andy PS Googling for "C++ ascii art" might help?... (by andywestken)
by ahchua
Shuffling Cards

Hi, I'm new with C++ and trying to get myself familiarize with the syntax as well. However, I can't seem to get my program to work perfectly fine. Can somebody ...
[17 replies] Last: @Zhuge Hi, alright. I returned C and its working now. Thanks! (by ahchua)
unexpected output for deck of cards

i am not sure why the output would display Jack for 11 and above? #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> #include <map> class Deck{ publ...
[2 replies] Last: oh duh, lol thanks (by metulburr)
by ven132
Help me on FOR LOOPS, PLEASE! :(

Hey guys! I need help! I'm kinda new here so i'll cut the to the crap. I need to make a FOR loop for an array of 5 elements. (array ). The loop should pick the...
[7 replies] Last: @vlad from moscow Oh, nevermind. I just made it work lol. All i did... (by ven132)
For loop

i want to create a program that displays this exact numbers: 10 109 1098 10987 i want to see the code for this for me to understand loop. i just can't fi...
[6 replies] Last: the straightforward approach youve stated is what im looking for. than... (by colognem)
How to print numbers in an array in ascending and descending order???

Hi All, Can you guys give a very simple example of an ascending order program ??? I got this code from the internet . . . #include <iostream> us...
[no replies]
What counts as a "valid complete object"?

Hey everyone! I was making my way through the documentation of the c++ language on this website and I was reading about type-casting, they were using the ter...
[2 replies] Last: A quick google later, I see this phrae is turning up in discussions ab... (by andywestken)
by Focus
interact with webpages?

Hi! i want to make a program that opens a webpage, enter google and begin a search for anything the user puts in to the console and then enter a specified link ...
[2 replies] Last: Your question is a little bit vague. When you say "enter a specific li... (by andywestken)
Rectangle Class

Write your question here. This program, when calculating the perimeter and area of a given size rectangle, always returns a value of 1 for perimeter and a valu...
[7 replies] Last: When compiling this newer version of the application, I get syntax err... (by jonlande)
Beginner Ideas (I must relent)

I know this is a very common question, with tons of answers, but I'm looking for some unique responses. I'd really appreciate some ideas, as I'm craving code...
[3 replies] Last: A generic response to a truly generic question. (by mutexe)
July 2013 Pages: 1234... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.