Beginners - July 2013 (Page 2)

tricks to make things faster

Are there tricks to make things faster. I mean, if i wanted to write code fast i would just use Pyth...
[8 replies] Last: thats not true well at least not 100% of the time. it depends on the c... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Lvalue required? [C]

Getting a Lvalue required error in this line: acct.pin = pina; Both acct.pin and pina are stri...
[4 replies] Last: I'd still love to know why I got the lvalue required error... It's j... (by Cubbi)
by ahchua
Generating set of months

How do I construct a random set of months using pointers? I've created the function but it seemed to...
[1 reply] : you need to seed rand srand((unsigned) time(NULL)); (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Input Multiple strings at once?

Is there a way to have a user input a line of text (with spaces) and have after each space represent...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <stringstream> #include <vector> #inclu... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
terminating properly

how to terminate properly display message before terminating need the program to stop when i input a...
[9 replies] Last: well kind of. on a program this small, yes, but if i remember correctl... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by Slazer
static_cast<Derived>(base)

Why does the following code fails to compile? #include <iostream> using namespace std; cla...
[1 reply] : Because there is no valid conversion from Base to Derived. For this t... (by Peter87)
string not defined

Hello I was programming and used string as follows: . . void DisplayText(string text, i...
[2 replies] Last: @abhishekm71 Thanks for correcting my silly error. :) (by The illusionist mirage)
by Ludidi
Implement a recursive function to sum up numbers between two points x, and y.

Implement a recursive function to sum up numbers between two points x, and y. int sum(x, y){ ...
[1 reply] : If the sum needs to include both x and y then assuming y > x, in... (by abhishekm71)
by Ludidi
Implement a recursive member function that finds an element in an array.

Implement a recursive member function that finds an element in an array. member([5, 4, 3, 2], ...
[no replies]
Read Advanced Code

Alright, so I finished a few Intro programming classes. But most of those classes covered just the ...
[5 replies] Last: I use makefiles in all my projects. Whether they are large or small m... (by kevinkjt2000)
C++ Object oriented programming

I have a question is there any possible way to use objects in classes, for example if I had a class ...
[6 replies] Last: Oops... @abhishekm71 The m_ctrl member in class Slave should have be... (by andywestken)
How to search a data base and display information

Hey guys i'm new to programming and have been asked to complete this assignment but I have become co...
[no replies]
by Vigii
Calculation error

Hi, I'm trying to calculate values of array b and d. I have checked that all the values which are...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry, my bad. I still think you should use doubles exclusively. The... (by TheIdeasMan)
function call in another function parameter

Is there a way to send a function as a parameter of another function. Basically my idea was to have ...
[1 reply] : You can use a function pointer. http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial... (by iHutch105)
Cout-ing a ball figure

Hey guys, i'm looking for a bunch of couts to output a ball figure. anyone willing to help?
[1 reply] : A "ball figure" ??? Andy PS Googling for "C++ ascii art" might help?... (by andywestken)
by ahchua
Shuffling Cards

Hi, I'm new with C++ and trying to get myself familiarize with the syntax as well. However, I can't ...
[17 replies] Last: @Zhuge Hi, alright. I returned C and its working now. Thanks! (by ahchua)
unexpected output for deck of cards

i am not sure why the output would display Jack for 11 and above? #include <iostream> #include <ve...
[2 replies] Last: oh duh, lol thanks (by metulburr)
by ven132
Help me on FOR LOOPS, PLEASE! :(

Hey guys! I need help! I'm kinda new here so i'll cut the to the crap. I need to make a FOR loop fo...
[7 replies] Last: @vlad from moscow Oh, nevermind. I just made it work lol. All i did... (by ven132)
For loop

i want to create a program that displays this exact numbers: 10 109 1098 10987 i want to see ...
[6 replies] Last: the straightforward approach youve stated is what im looking for. than... (by colognem)
How to print numbers in an array in ascending and descending order???

Hi All, Can you guys give a very simple example of an ascending order program ??? I got this c...
[no replies]
July 2013 Pages: 1234... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.