Beginners - July 2013 (Page 3)

A little trouble with my username/password program

This code was supposed to check 2 usernames and password matches but I want it to be able to say if either the username or password is wrong which is near the b...
[2 replies] Last: I tried your code to replace my else if statement but it would still n... (by darthaq)
saving data

Is there a way to save data as an object? Like in python, you can use pickle, shelve, JSON, etc. for small projects. Are there any that are a like in c++? Meani...
[1 reply] : Boost serialization looks like it does what you want. http://www.boost... (by Zhuge)
sorting ints unexpected results

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <algorithm> int main(){ std::vector<double> v = {10.5,5,3,23,4,5,1,10.9}; sort...
[1 reply] : nevermind, i just figured out that i put int in greater, thus the reas... (by metulburr)
BubbleSort by last name

Hello again, this time the professor asked us to do a bubblesort and sort it by the last name of the employees. I'm a beginner c++ coder so bear with me please ...
[1 reply] : so if I figure I add to the code maybe it'll work but I got me a "expe... (by TouchPad)
c++ database cant delete data...

anyone help me with the problem?? I think the vector is OK struct bio{ string name; string job; int age; string address; char gender; ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks all... I got the idea (by Albo Coder)
problem playing with vectors

Hey guys, I decided to have a go at using vectors while writing a program involving my favourite card game (bridge). For those who aren't familiar with the game...
[5 replies] Last: Am I not doing the same comparison I was before no, before you were ... (by metulburr)
color text

hi , i need to know how to change color of text . i tried but no goood . my actual program is too big so i will give small code by which u can tell me how can i...
[15 replies] Last: @ DTSCode You are really being belligerent about the OP's platform. G... (by Duthomhas)
by ar2007
unknow error on class

hello. to learn good classes, I wrote a draft of the program to simulate a telephone book. the program compiles but crashes. I did debug, and I reported a pro...
[8 replies] Last: @DTScode: I solved the problem. I initialized temporary strings, erro... (by ar2007)
Variable Declaration

How do we declare var that would only be determined at run time? Say I would create a1, a2, a3...and so on but the number of var is not determined initially.
[10 replies] Last: Thanks to all of you... it works. (by jrfrago)
for loops

I am trying to fully understand for loops in c/c++. The more i read, the more i find of ways to write for loops. Its seems complicated, with all the ways to wri...
[3 replies] Last: Yes you can substitute for auto. In any case expression v.size() - i h... (by vlad from moscow)
working with multiple languages

For those of you that use multiple languages, how do you remember each one? For example, after writing c++ code, i go to python and start putting semi-colons at...
[1 reply] : I'll give you the lazy answer, practice! When you get good at somethin... (by manudude03)
Single File, project folder and debugging, visual studio express 2012

Hello everyone, so I want to learn how to debug sooooo bad!!! I used code blocks and am trying to learn how to use it but am having this problem...if one is dea...
[3 replies] Last: delete the exe (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Long Integer Problem: Output Errors

Write a function that takes as a parameter an integer (as a long value) and returns the number of odd, even, and zero digits. Here is my code. I get bad output...
[8 replies] Last: #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; void digit... (by Chriscpp)
what does the errors mean / c++11 for range loop

I would like to learn how to interpret the compilers error results. for edxample: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> class Deck{ ...
[7 replies] Last: This is pretty much the same as python's for loop then yes n that... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by qriz75
Console Application crashes on exit

As always .. Thanks for trying to help :-) This application consist of two parts Part one takes in quarterly sales figures and writes it to a file. Part ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Chervil I have to reconsider my approach, since I couldn't ... (by qriz75)
by TNX744
Simple input to hex display

What is the absolute simplest way to be able to input text into a console and have it convert and display the hexadecimal? Would you use? std::hex ...
[15 replies] Last: Okay this makes slightly more sense to me now, thanks again for the he... (by TNX744)
by etneri
Check first number for zero

I'm trying to error check whether a user puts in zero as their first number in an integer... I can check for any number but zero, but I'm not sure how to make m...
[2 replies] Last: I think you'll have to take the input as std::string and then after va... (by abhishekm71)
Windows8/7

I need OpenGL for windows 8 or windows 7 and my cpu is intel
[4 replies] Last: You can certainly use OpenGL on windows8. I'm not sure what the probl... (by Disch)
using declarations together

So i pretty much just finally understood the concept of using something like: const int &var in the parameters of a function. Where it uses the reference to...
[3 replies] Last: Where it uses the reference to quicken the process, but is not allowe... (by MikeyBoy)
Primary-expression for array

This is my first entry here, so I apologize in advance if I screw something up. I am attempting to write a program that will aid in studying for an exam. After ...
[8 replies] Last: OK, @TheIdeasMan thank you for being more clear and helpful :) @Cubbi... (by brandon14)
July 2013 Pages: 12345... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.