Beginners - July 2013 (Page 48)

How to change the font size and style in word document generated in C++

Good Evening; I am working first time on word documents in c++. I just generated a word file in which i just simply add two numbers. Now i just want to change t...
[6 replies] Last: yah i got it, but i do not know how to generate the .docx file. i m t... (by andywestken)
gjhb

what is the difference between getline and cin?
[2 replies] Last: When you have cin >> foo , data is read until either there is a space... (by Daleth)
Vector Class: Language-based memory leak?? (1,2)

Alright, so I've noticed this before, but it was somwhat nominal so I dismissed it. Recently, however, it was impossible to notice: After calling a vector<str...
[23 replies] Last: @IWishIKnew Off topic but I noticed how you are doing quotes. [ quote... (by naraku9333)
by Zexd
Binary files

I am trying to write some info to a binary file. When I open the file with Notepad, I expect to see some nonsense, but I see normal characters. I can't identify...
[6 replies] Last: I found solution. Methods read and write are made for binary files. Ov... (by Zexd)
Can Explain What This Is?

I Know It Opens A GUI Window Saying Goodbye, Cruel World. But Can Somone Explain What Each Part Means And Does For E.g. WINAPI and WinMain(HINSTANCE, ...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633559(v=vs.... (by Zexd)
Problem with including header files for the geany plugin API

Hi, I want to write a plugin for Geany. I'm trying to get the API for this up an running, but I'm having immediate problems. It requires the gtk development fil...
[1 reply] : > which it can't find because those things are in /usr/include Use a ... (by JLBorges)
Help With Code

Code returns large unwanted numbers as the output of the calculation. It is supposed to calculate the product of two matrices. #include <iostream> usin...
[4 replies] Last: Thank You So Much Disch, it works now! (by patelvrajn)
Manager Arrays

I'm having a problem accessing member functions through a manager array. In this example, I have 3 different types of guns that inherit from a base class. I'm g...
[10 replies] Last: I ended up being able to not use any arguments to get everything done.... (by ThePoloHobo)
by Vigii
How to copy an one dimensional array to another array

Hi, I'm looking to copy one dimensional array to another array. But, I don't want to use loops. Can anyone please explain me with example. Thanks in a...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you a Lot. It worked Finally. (by Vigii)
Use of pointers and arrays

Hello guys I'm a a beginner programmer that is currently reading C++ Primer 4th Edition. I have just finished learning about iterators, vectors, arrays and poin...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys for your input. (by Group of Eight)
Array erroneously symmetric in [0][n] and [n][0]

Hello! I'm self-teaching myself C++ and trying to get grips with arrays and have just run into this problem: The component "array " should (presumably?) be...
[2 replies] Last: Thank-you for pointing that out - everything works fine now ; ) (by Claudial)
by ben353
Finding the largest prime factor from a user input number (1,2)

I know this is a pretty simple problem but I've looked over what I've done many times and I just can't see where it's going wrong. The idea is that the user ent...
[20 replies] Last: I haven't actually been following this thread, but as a "relax" exerci... (by Duthomhas)
Vectors

Good Day can someone please explain to me what this means: log(product(vector1-vector2)). Thank you.
[19 replies] Last: I see that product() Returns the 'index'th natural basis axis. From:... (by andywestken)
Access another class' variables through a class pointer

Hey guys, this is a bit of a strange question, but is it possible to access the variables within the cStats class through a pointer of type cCharacter? If so, h...
[5 replies] Last: You're welcome! Glad I could help :) (by MikeyBoy)
by nasser
can't under stand a code

i can't understand how does this code work // pointer to functions #include <iostream> using namespace std; int addition (int a, int b) { return (...
[2 replies] Last: ok and thx alot (by nasser)
Need Help on selecting functions ( would be appreicated )

i am a beginner in programming , i just want to make a program to train little kids in mathematics operations , the idea behind the code is that i want once y...
[4 replies] Last: your == problem also occurs at line 24,26,28 if you have an error mes... (by Jaybob66)
complex class

Hey guys ., this is urgent; so i need help with my code ; well i have to Create a class called Complex for performing arithmetic with complex numbers. Write...
[3 replies] Last: Issues #2 and #3 still exist. comp_add and comp_subt compute r and i ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token

Hi, I am using an online compiler, and I have an error on line 10 of my code, apparently. The error message reads this: main.cpp:10:1: error: expected unqual...
[12 replies] Last: You're welcome :) (by MikeyBoy)
Make a character repeat in C++.

Hello guys, I would like your help with a basic thing, repeating characters. For example the program should display: 1 22 333 4444. I can use a for...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks guys :) I got it. (by PlainEsoteric)
Help with String - Converting upper/lower case

Hello everyone, I'm trying to write a program that will reformat the first letter of each word to capitalized and the remaining letters are lower case; Samp...
[11 replies] Last: If to use ordinary loops then the function could look the following wa... (by vlad from moscow)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 4647484950... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.