Beginners - July 2013 (Page 5)

how to use "logic_error"?

I have very little knowledge about this subject so do not judge me. Can somebody explain me why we use std::logic_error? I mean we can use try and catch witho...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your answer. So I will have to say. void Class::writ... (by FlyingTr)
Baseball Program

oh god whats wrong #include <iostream> using namespace std; int firstInning(); int nextInning(); int firstInning() { cout<<"\n\n****** Visi...
[2 replies] Last: Have you ever tried using the "switch" method instead of using else-if... (by InclinedToFall)
getaddress methode

Hi. I got a question. I'm trying to make a methode witch gets me the value of my input key from my map function. I was thinking of doing it with a getaddress...
[2 replies] Last: i thought of a method called GetAddress. the function should search th... (by YumiFerrari)
by ZeHgS
Linker error when defining function

Hello! I have a class with a few functions, but I am getting a weird linker error whenever I try to define them. If I comment out all of the functions, it...
[2 replies] Last: Anyone? (by ZeHgS)
Class function not behaving as I wanted

Thanks for reading my question. Working in C++ and on Visual Studio 2010. I am writing a DnD roster program for the summer to keep myself in the know on all th...
[4 replies] Last: I have the struct header declared inside the class. Moving it outside... (by Dimmins)
C++ string functions

Write a program that reads a string and outputs the number of times each lowercase vowel appears in it. Your program must contain a function with one of its par...
[6 replies] Last: Oh... Lemme try that... (by Sagnik Mukherjee)
nothing

nothing
[8 replies] Last: I do not see the necessity to use the vector in your code. It would be... (by vlad from moscow)
Prime number generator giving bad output

Hi everybody! I was the "Prime Number Generator" from SPOJ(Sphere Online judge) (Link here: http://www.spoj.com/problems/PRIME1/) I wrote the following cod...
[6 replies] Last: It works now! Final Code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; ... (by ishandassharma)
iterating over a 2d vector

Ok so i managed to learn vectors..one d...then now how to create 2d..fantastic..i can easily move up and down the 1D vector...but nowhere on this site am I find...
[4 replies] Last: If you understand a 1 dimensional vector, then it shouldn't be that mu... (by cire)
Why am i getting a syntax error

Im trying to start using dev-c++. Im using C language. I keep getting an error message "syntax error before "system"" #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib....
[3 replies] Last: I figured it out. Thank you (by nolannpm)
parameterless constructer hypothetical

A sample problem I've become stuck on.... Sally The Programmer is working to improve a class called FlashDrive. She decides to make a parameterless constru...
[3 replies] Last: I do not know.:) Ask your professor. (by vlad from moscow)
Sorting numbers (file sorting)

Hey guys!! Got a problem I can't solve. I have a table with data in it. To sort these i need the 2nd and 3rd columns. The 2nd columns are the level and 3rd a...
[4 replies] Last: try this sorting (bubble sort) for strings creating an array of string... (by Albo Coder)
help on min and max(debugging)

cant seem to figure out whats missing #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int min, max, ave, sum, a, b, c; cout<...
[9 replies] Last: NP... I guess It is solved... (by Albo Coder)
by soori
function overloadin or template functions which is better

which is better function overloading or template functions..?pls help..
[2 replies] Last: it was an interview question ...even i was not sure i just told them t... (by soori)
by tip791
Breadth First Search - marking problem

I'm not really having a coding issue or compiling problem . I am having more or less a design choice. Rather I want to see if there are more (or better) ways to...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, either directly or indirectly. The simplest recursive versions ju... (by JLBorges)
by piczim
My Program wont run on another machine

I have written and tested my code and its running on my machine I then save it as an executable file gcc -std=c11 -Wall -Wextra -pedantic-errors -O3 -static-...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you I will try this and advise accordingly (by piczim)
neural network c++

Write your question here. please suggest me a good library / toolbox to use neural network in NS.
[no replies]
Very Interesting Question

hey i am begginer and exploring all documentation. i encounter a very interesting thing.. in this piece of code if i trying to enter a character or very big nu...
[4 replies] Last: This may not be 100% accurate. When you input a number that is bigger... (by Olysold)
data structure: (=) assignment operator causes segfault?!

Alright. I have written a class: typedef string newtype; class blabla{ public: //constructors, argument is a string... sets the private var. ...
[9 replies] Last: opps... thanks naraku. (by Manga)
How much C++ knowledge is required to write a game like CubeWorld?

I'm starting to learn C++ and I was wondering how much knowledge would be required to write an RPG like CubeWorld ( https://picroma.com/cubeworld ). I'm not wan...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys, pretty helpful and friendly community here by the looks o... (by Miadric)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.