Beginners - July 2013 (Page 50)

by TNX744
Fstream reading and writing question.

I know this is a really basic question, but if I wanted to use this code for a ceaser shift: { string input; do { getline(cin, input);...
[1 reply] : Is your encrypted stuff supposed to be 1 long number? or a string of w... (by giblit)
by etneri
Priming Read Issue

I have this program that is placeing output into an outside text file, and it's working just fine (unless our reference file "register.txt" has a \n at the end ...
[10 replies] Last: That answered my question. Ugh. The little things, right? Haha. Thank... (by etneri)
Undefined reference error

I am trying to implement an "audio" object that will hold a patient's first name, last name and dob. I'm am trying to initialize an instance of the object, ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks much, BHXSpector! Your code & compile directions worked. Tha... (by stringc)
pointers to array (1,2)

Hello everyone. i am new here, and this is even my very first question i am asking here. i have stuck over to pointers. is there any way by which we can acc...
[32 replies] Last: The type has to be known to be able to use whatever the pointer points... (by Peter87)
Converting isometrics coordinates

Hello...i need help to write fuction for convertiog isometrics coordinates to the "real" coordinates... this picture should help with explaining: http://s16.po...
[4 replies] Last: I did it :) real x = (x - y) * 32 + 6912 real y = (x + y) * 16 - 198... (by TomCrowQQ)
Objects in array

So i searched and watched all other threads and didnt find a proper solution. I'm trying to store my objects in an array in some way. Okey so the code let...
[10 replies] Last: Cool. It's much easier working with std::string than with C-style cha... (by MikeyBoy)
by nasser
just a beginner

what's the best way to learn C++ for me i'm 17 years old i know until pointers i read this tutorial here but the progress is slow
[17 replies] Last: but i mean Arab c++ books authors (by nasser)
simple program

"Write a program that keeps prompting user for an integer. Upon an input of 0, the program will show the first 5 (if not, lesser) unique integers entered." i c...
[1 reply] : first of all never use the main function as void it is is ALWAYS int... (by giblit)
never ending program

So, In a couple of weeks is my brothers birthday, and we always pull a prank on each other on our birthdays. This year, I have something special in mind. I have...
[19 replies] Last: ill write you some java code later that will do what you want (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
How do i write this??

Write a program consisting of a while loop, that reads the value of a double each time around. Create two variables that stores the values of the largest and sm...
[4 replies] Last: Try setting your min value to the highest value in the range (by thefail93)
Generating two random numbers twice

I am writing a battleship game and I need two random numbers for the location of a ship. But I have two ships to I need to have two random numbers twice. Ofcour...
[5 replies] Last: Op z'n nederlands nog wel, jij durft :P. Anyways; I believe you shoul... (by Bourgond Aries)
Calculator help

Hi, im a beginner in c++ and i've been trying to do a simple calculator.. but when i try to compile i get an error saying: error C4700: uninitialized local vari...
[9 replies] Last: Damn.. i always succeed to make the most stupid things ever. I cant be... (by Turnurs)
revised program help

Here is the problem that I have been working on. My program runs without errors, but it never says which region has the fewest number of accidents and it keeps ...
[7 replies] Last: No problem (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
constructor in c++

explain describe to each term and example....why? 1)constructors can not be declared as virtual? 2)constructors can not be declared as static? as a ...
[1 reply] : what have you got so far...? (by mutexe)
by tdk93
string

For the following types of input ira ira ( two words separated by a space) i want to store two words separated by space in two different strings, so i us...
[1 reply] : stick a breakpoint on line 4 and examine a and b. (by mutexe)
by TNX744
First program structure questions.

I've recently taken a passive/hobby interest in learning programming, and after a (barely) successful Hello World, I've decided to make a basic cipher encryptio...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks giblit, combined with what I just learned browsing another thre... (by TNX744)
Confused on how to "create executable code"

The help of those who learned C++ through C++ Primer Plus 6th Edition would especially be appreciated. On Page 18 of the book, there is a section that teac...
[no replies]
program won't end

Here is the problem that I have been working on. My program runs without errors, but it never says which region has the fewest number of accidents and it keeps ...
[3 replies] Last: Either only return 1 variable, or make the function void and don't ret... (by ENIGMAx)
how could i write this function in the main function

hi every one >>> i want to write a function called AddOne it will increment every element in a list object (called IntList) by 1 the code must be written in...
[4 replies] Last: Can't you just loop through the list then increment each item? Try the... (by giblit)
x was not declared in the scope.

Write your question here. Hi there. I'm practising calculators, and I have trouble to make it work every time. The second code I inserted here to show you, w...
[7 replies] Last: Quote: No problem! Our submarines are already near Sweden.:) haha ;) (by fabian08)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 484950515253
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.