Beginners - July 2013 (Page 52)

Loops in functions

I am using inline function/functions, the program ask the user to input the number to have its double, I want to put a loop in the program, i put the loop after...
[4 replies] Last: Oh sorry, my eyes skipped over that part while reading it. (by Paoletti301)
Game Over Program Issues, Please Help!

I've just started to learn C++ programming and have picked up the book Beginning C++ through game programming. I'm attempting to complete the first lesson which...
[2 replies] Last: haha this one made me laugh because i thought it was a '1' when i firs... (by Paoletti301)
problem with char array in a exercise on pointers.

Hi, im new to c++ programming and need help to understand why this code isnt working. I was trying to code an exercise on pointers and structures but couldnt g...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=lilysfather]But i cant assaign it like that.guess i have to rea... (by TheIdeasMan)
Having a little problem with cin and a while loop.

I'm having a problem with this code. int nX; while (1) { cin >> nX; if (nX == 1) break; else if (nX ==...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks I used a little of all of your responses. int nX; bool btrue ... (by Momoironeko)
Does anyone know how to type something with C++?

Hello, the topic is self-explanatory. I want to be able to type something using C++, after cin'ing it. Is there a way to do this?
[7 replies] Last: He wants to inject text into another running application's input queue... (by Duthomhas)
Turning while loop into a for statement

Is it possible to turn this while loop program and use for statement ..if so ..can u write the for statement code under ..thanks #include <iostream>...
[5 replies] Last: I guess the aim of the exercise in your book was to show how to conver... (by TheIdeasMan)
Writing game AI

I'm kinda stuck on writing the AI for my first game. I have no idea where to start.. couldn't find any tutorials either. Any tips or advice would be appreciated...
[4 replies] Last: When I write a non-trivial game, I like to keep the game engine isolat... (by AbstractionAnon)
A class with no data members

Develop a class with no data members and having following functions Area() of circle Area() of rectangle Area() triangle by heron's formula use this function...
[5 replies] Last: In the original post there is written about functions Area. (by vlad from moscow)
Getting CPU usage in C++, and close a program,( windows 7)

My computer often gets CPU spikes, and I want to use C++ to find out what is causing the problem the close it. I have looked around a bit and seen that system()...
[14 replies] Last: Wmi One of the things I mentioned in an early post, along with a lin... (by andywestken)
faulty code

Hi, I'm following a tutorial in a book about game programming and I've managed to get the code to compile properly and it all mostly runs except for the hint fu...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much Chervil, I placed it after the else statement stil... (by closed account 30X1hbRD)
Single Random Output from Given List

I'm making a simple police-style terminal to be put into a game. I want to be able to type in a name (without any formatting concerns) and have a status (Wanted...
[4 replies] Last: You should use a struct. #include <iostream> struct People { s... (by giblit)
inline funcitons = written code ?

Hello is this code is really almost same as this? : #include <iostream> using namespace std; inline void function_1() { cout<<"I am a functi...
[4 replies] Last: From the MSDN article Cubbi provided the link to: The inline keyword... (by andywestken)
by Ceset
const vs #define

what are the benefits of using const instead of # define? thx you all in advance
[4 replies] Last: Basically, the advantage of using a const instead of a #defined symbol... (by MikeyBoy)
by ivan1
Linked list for Multidimensional array

Hi all, I have been learning data structures recently, and "linked list" looks kinda overwhelmed to me. I couldn't find an example to figure out how it works...
[1 reply] : Well, I'd start by understanding how a one-dimensional linked list wor... (by MikeyBoy)
vectors

Hi, I'm an amateur C++ user, and I have a pretty good knowledge of all the basics, but I'm a little confused about vectors... I've read the tutorial article on ...
[10 replies] Last: From the vectors page on this site: Vectors are sequence containers ... (by ENIGMAx)
Incomplete Type

What's up guys. I've been stuck at this roadblock for a few weeks now and it's really not good for my sanity. I haven't posted about it before due to the somewh...
[1 reply] : The problem is that, because the cCmdLoader constructor is calling a... (by MikeyBoy)
Expected declaration before '}' token

There is not any expected '{' token but its giving that error. Can anyone help me? Full error: Line 336-1 expected declaration before '}' token void ham...
[4 replies] Last: after asking it there i saw the } bracket there which i hadn't able to... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
by Arayil
Strange results with float subtraction

Hello! Recently, I was writing a small game in SFML when I ran into a strange problem involving the subtraction of floats. Here's a small snippet of the code I'...
[2 replies] Last: If you want more precise floating point numbers make a "BigInt" class. (by giblit)
What are private and system identifiers?

I was learning c/c++ when i came across private and system identifiers.I have no idea what it means any help? I know what identifiers are but what are those. i...
[1 reply] : I haven't heard of private starting with an underscore. If you are tal... (by giblit)
Pointer to a function used in arithmetic

I am still working on my draughts game and i code a little but when try to compile the first part of the game i get that error: In function 'int main()'...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks man i have corrected everything and my new code is that: #in... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 50515253
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.