Beginners - July 2013 (Page 6)

calling base class func from derived class

if there is a base class has a function "abc()" and a derived class overrides it. How can we call the base class abc() from the derived class abc()?
[1 reply] : void my_derived::abc() { my_base::abc(); } (by Jaybob66)
by ivan1
Code for identifying roads on squares

Hi all, I am trying to code up something like this: I have a square with 1 point on each edge (1,2,3,4). I want to list all possibilities to reach from 1 to ...
[5 replies] Last: Actually I need to print all the paths between two nodes. It is an und... (by ivan1)
by Kyle C
Multiple Constructors

I can't seem to understand why my the code only uses the first constructor. Please help! #include<iostream> using namespace std; #include <cstring> co...
[2 replies] Last: Because you're only using the first constructor (or default construc... (by Olysold)
Arrays and Array parameters

Really stuck on this practice assignment.. The Grader class is keeping track of a set of exam scores. Scores can be added one at a time thru calls to a...
[11 replies] Last: Also does this improve the findBiggest? #include <iostream> #defi... (by Rezivor123)
advice for complete beginner

Hi. I'm a complete beginner to C++ and want some advice for starting out. I intend on teaching myself through books and online tutorials and eventually creating...
[7 replies] Last: well after continuing to try to compile it, to no avail, i've explored... (by caunterstrike)
Class Array

Really stuck on this practice assignment.. The Grader class is keeping track of a set of exam scores. Scores can be added one at a time thru calls to addS...
[1 reply] : Duplicate: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/107511/ http://www.... (by cire)
flush and sync

What's the diferençe between flush and sync()? If with flush i already make a synchronization, why exist sync or vice-versa?
[11 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by romulosd)
Simple game...not so simple anymore

I've exhausted my personal knowledge and reading of (D.S. Malik: C++ Programming, 6th ed) as to what I am doing wrong/ needs to be done. I'd really appreciate a...
[14 replies] Last: I really wanted to make use of array and 'for' loop in my function, bu... (by dessoul)
Grader Class - best and worst scores

Hi, I am new to array and classes, I am working on a homework assignment and have come to a bit of a stand still We are to add scores through an addScore o...
[5 replies] Last: I am still stuck on how to set up my addscores in adding scores to an ... (by Rezivor123)
SFML help..

I need help setting up SFML, I have set it up exactly how it says on the sfml website, for code blocks and yet nothing happens, Help please!
[18 replies] Last: Don't use 1.6, use 2.1 (by naraku9333)
How to use TRACE Macro if I don't use MFC

TRACE Macro is a part of the MFC, isn't it? How to use TRACE Macro if I don't use MFC? To display messages from your program in the debugger Output win...
[no replies]
need help debugging character input.

I wrote a program that reads input a word at a time until a lone 'q' entered.The program then report the number of words that began with vowels,the number that...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks it works now. (by motubet)
Statistics of Elements in an array

1) Program a C++ function for big random number generator (bigRand(int mR , int RANGE)) that receives an integer array as an argument, and its size (range). Th...
[2 replies] Last: no problem,, just do write the above programs i am saving it to clear ... (by junaidkhan2013)
GetAsyncKeyState: Wrong Returns??

So, I recently emplemented some code that used some other buttons on the keyboard, I used GetAsyncKeyState() to do it. The function I used goes like this: ...
[2 replies] Last: I think you missed the part where p is initialized as false . So, ... (by IWishIKnew)
by Own3D
Problem when user gives answer

Hi there. I am new to this wonderful community! :) I am facing a problem on my code.This is my code which solves second degree equation. The problem is that...
[2 replies] Last: cin.fail() my work to keep it from going crazy. This is the best link... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Help with array of structs

Hello all, I am creating a program for a final class project and I have come across an issue. I have an array of structs and I am currently working on a fun...
[7 replies] Last: Do you even know what a pointer is? http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tuto... (by Veltas)
rand() help

I am trying to make a tic tac toe game with c++ console, and for a player vs. computer i am just going to make the computer place an 'O' in random positions. us...
[7 replies] Last: Then it sounds like your issue lies with the input stream. The input ... (by Veltas)
by leo255
Need help with my basic game (attack/health/etc.)

I'm learning about Inheritance and Polymorphism right now, and I am using TheNewBoston's tutorial as a basis for what I am doing. I didn't really do much, but I...
[3 replies] Last: As players and monsters share lots of data types and capabilities, suc... (by SmeeAfshin)
by Dalos
Why wont return work?

I'm not sure whats happening but my peice of code broke at some point and now it can't detect pressing return. This is all in a function. while(n...
[1 reply] : Firstly, the keywords 'not', 'and' and 'or' work slightly differently ... (by Veltas)
by JB2005
Getting a 1 for word count from a string

Trying to count the words in a string and I seem to get a zero or a one. I have seen fixes in these forums but for some reason I can't seem to apply them correc...
[5 replies] Last: Basically what that line says is, if there is not a word there, dont p... (by Hertz)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.