Beginners - July 2013 (Page 8)

calling a member function, unintended returns

I'm working on a project that has several banking menu options and calls all the accountID, passcode, balance, etc. from an object defined in the header. Here'...
[9 replies] Last: Since the OP has included member functions for Account (Account::SetAc... (by AbstractionAnon)
Problem with multiple inputs

I have wrote a function that ask the user for two numbers. If the user got the right two numbers the function the function repeats itself untill the user guesse...
[4 replies] Last: i hope the code makes sense to you because a named the variables in Du... (by JanuS 1995)
iterators

when you loop a container, for example vector, what is the difference between using an iterator and the more simple element indexes? The first one makes sense t...
[2 replies] Last: ah ok, thanks (by metulburr)
main() - Function should return a value?? [C]

I'm getting a "Function should return a value" warning in the end of main(). I'm weirded out. Is the main() function supposed to return a value? (like, "return ...
[5 replies] Last: As per suggestion, I added a return type to main and change my return ... (by riechan)
Abnormal termination of program? [C]

Hi guys, quick question. I'm getting the "abnormal termination of program" when I'm trying to terminate my C program. I'm not sure why this is happening though ...
[7 replies] Last: I hadn't realized that until you pointed that out. Thanks! (by riechan)
unknown error

this compiles on my other computer, but not this one. What is wrong with this data member? Why would it compile on one pc, but not another (both OS's are the s...
[5 replies] Last: oh im stupid. I should not attempt to code when tired. (by metulburr)
by Honor
Teach me C++?

Hey can someone teach me C++? If you would like to, add me on skype: "Honorable." (with the dot), or steam: "Honorabl3", thank you for your time.
[4 replies] Last: i sent you a skype request, i can answer some questions that you have ... (by huike)
I can´t keep my self motivated...

Hey guys! Before i start, i´ll start to say sorry for my bad English. I´m 14 year old and few months ago i started learning C++ and i have only learned ...
[10 replies] Last: He explains really well in fact I learned from him but there is some s... (by bacondude95)
is there another way to get rid of warnings

Aside form adding those arguments to compile command, is there another way to do this without getting warnings? Also is the warnings the reason to why whitespac...
[9 replies] Last: > i dont put unsigned for the 9 extra keystrokes Use a type alias. Fo... (by JLBorges)
Little Question

I am working on a function that accepts a multidimensional array. In the header file I keep getting one of those unknown toke before , errors. Is there ...
[1 reply] : Oh nvm, I forgot about the pointer thing (by Hambone)
Is it possible to make a string array?

Thank you!
[2 replies] Last: I was talking about strings. Thank you! (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Selection Sorting

1) Program a C++ function for selection sorting, selectSort(int mX , int size), that receives an array and its size as arguments, and sorts the given array, by ...
[no replies]
1. Matrix Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication

1) Program a C++ function that prints out a given 5 x 5 matrix (void printMtrx(double mA , int size_n)). Use extended complete code to show the boundary of mat...
[no replies]
Passing a char vector as a function parameter.

My problem seems to show up in "Main". I'm having trouble passing a vector of chars as a function parameter called by another function in "Main". "InputArray...
[3 replies] Last: Hey thanks! I guess I forgot to give the type when calling the functio... (by Armando Jenkins)
Help with cin (1,2)

Bear with me here, I've never actually done programming before, and I thought that I'd just throw myself into the thick of it. I've already got one program that...
[26 replies] Last: [quote=FredBill30]Ha, yea. Soon it starts to get addictive. :) I kno... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Infinite Loop, Print Menu repeating

My code keeps repeating a loop of the menu: Someone know how to solve it? This is one .cpp there is another and the header #include <iostream> #include...
[3 replies] Last: as vlad alluded to, put the input (line 37) just inside the while loop... (by manudude03)
Problem when linking error LNK2019

I was finishing the project when in the end it game me this error: 1>Linking... 1>bankingSystem.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: unsig...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=nolyc]You did not define the thing in the error message, you fo... (by ne555)
matrix task

hello everyone, ok so i have an array matrix called tmat,,and i know that in every row of tmax there are values which repeat two times...and am writing a code...
[no replies]
Netpay Sort Using Pointers - Compiles but Stops Working

For my programming midterm, I need to sort employee salaries (netpay) using pointers. I've completed a code that *finally* compiles but when I run it it posts t...
[1 reply] : Looks to me like you have a misplaced brace in sortdata(): ... (by norm b)
expected unqualified-id before return

I've been racking my brain for the past hour or so trying to figure this code out. The goal is to build a code that will convert pounds to kilograms upon typing...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! That worked perfectly. (by waffleabc)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 678910... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.