Beginners - July 2014

by maiden
doing the other way? help is much appreciated

hello c++ community, Im a beginner in programming. I made a program that repeats my number input, Now I want to turn it the another way. I want the program to ...
[8 replies] Last: thanks, I am still confuse on how to property use 'bool'; Will read ... (by maiden)
What does this error mean?

This is telling me that I have too many variables in glColor3f in my function drawMenu(). I'm getting pretty confused by it, I don't know what I'm doing but I f...
[5 replies] Last: I'm trying to make a little "sketch" program and this is the first par... (by VisuAlly)
[Error] cannot convert 'std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >' to 'std::string*'

Hey guys, I am getting an error and I have no idea what is causing it cannot convert 'std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >' to 'std::string*' Here is th...
[6 replies] Last: I'm not sure what the new error is, but it might be a mismatch on the ... (by wildblue)
by vyo14
code error

Hello ! I have this four errors at this code, wich is supposed to be a binary tree when giving preorder and postorder traversals: In function `main': 49: ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, my mistake, now it runs but i still cand make it work how i want:... (by vyo14)
hello, how to solve Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 'choice' is being used without being initialized.

I am doing assignment question. When i run the programme, and key in the input, it will come out "Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 'choice' is being use...
[9 replies] Last: > 80/100 [code firstline=56] cin>>numerator ; cin>>denominator ; ... (by ne555)
What does COL indicate? (Compiler Indicators)

Hey guys, I am using Dev-C++ by bloodshed and I was just wandering if anyone knew what COL indicated when there is an error on a Line. I know that LINE indic...
[14 replies] Last: NoXzema, wildblue, Peter87, BHX THANKS GUYS! (by dlundy1)
by ting
problems about using for_each for call member function

I am writing an assignment, in WordMultiSet::print(), I want to use for_each( myvc.cbegin(), myvc.cend(), bind1st(mem_fun(&WordMultiSet::printelement), this)) ...
[1 reply] : Perhaps http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4642497/passing-a-member-fu... (by keskiverto)
Data set

I am looking for some help on creating a data set of random positive integer values,the data set should be visualized using a histogram.
[8 replies] Last: main.cpp line 18: No need to call your destructor. It will be called... (by AbstractionAnon)
Fake virus program

Hi everyone! I made a fake virus program, please try it out. Please tell me where I can improve, and how I can do that. It may not work on some computers. ...
[13 replies] Last: Yes I do need SetCursorPos(x,y); , sometimes it doesn't actually clic... (by Richard 4234)
swapping elements

Hi,I'm a beginner and I am trying to swap 2 elements, but when it swaps, it swaps the wrong one and always the same one.This is what I have #include <iost...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks!, it worked (by Dexter 3202)
Install htmlccx. Windows

Hello. How i can install htmlccx module on WIndows? I am tryed to use it by copying folder with module to folder with project, but i have errors 1>main....
[7 replies] Last: Library is not included because i dont have it in module folder. I thi... (by ValeriyG)
Using fstream with .txt files

Hi all, I'm new to C++, and have been working on the following problem for 2 straight days, but can't seem to get anywhere. I'd really appreciate any help o...
[4 replies] Last: Your welcome. You can close the topic now by going to the top and clic... (by Richard 4234)
Class casting

Hello! I have started with C++ and I have a question regarding class casting in c++. Let's say I have 2 classes and one extends the other: class Per...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for you quick response! I have tried to minimize my curren... (by miguialberto)
high score table

Hello. I was wondering how I could adapt a high score table to a game that I am in the process of developing. Basically I have playername as a string and the sc...
[17 replies] Last: i think it's the struct that's the problem, because when i test the g... (by AbstractionAnon)
C++ Prime Numbers

I don't know why it doesn't work correctly. For example: num=15, returns 1, and 15 isn't a prime number. #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for your additional explanations. Now I understand much bet... (by Victor89)
Help me solve this please

So here's my Code: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Cat { public: Cat(); ~Cat(); int GetAge() const { return *itsage; } //...
[2 replies] Last: You have my thanks! (by programmer011)
How to delete/clear an array.

delete array; and delete array ; is not working. The first gives me an error when I run the program. The latter doesn't even compile. I need to delete it ...
[2 replies] Last: It's just stuck on stupid, it has to find the old values. I guara... (by AbstractionAnon)
Code to read from a file doesn't work

Hello I want to be able to read from a file, and put the content from that file in the terminal, I use streams. :) #include <iostream> #include <fstream...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks! :) (Again) Helped me out! (by Nielyboyken)
by avix
File I/O

m mistakes. When you are presented with a painful experience, take the time to think about how you can avoid it in the future. This is an example of a lesson le...
[1 reply] : Well, the only way I know how to do this, is with <windows.h>. If you ... (by AceDawg45)
Classes

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int exit(); class car { private: int year; string make; string model; int...
[5 replies] Last: Line 83: Where does your switch statement end? I don't see a } for i... (by AbstractionAnon)
July 2014 Pages: 123... 43
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.