Beginners - June 2012 (Page 2)

by xdcx
derived class access

a simplified example. I made the variables protected so derived classes can access their own variables. I can't access a referenced object in the derived class ...
[6 replies] Last: To be honest, your design is all messed up. You are duplicating the m... (by IceThatJaw)
by anewb
Can someone tell my why programs not working

What im trying to do is figure out a numbers multiples below 1000 and add them together. can someone tell me were i went wrong? #include <iostream> using...
[6 replies] Last: This is probably what you want. int num; int product; boo... (by IceThatJaw)
by GCK
Calculator Application without GUI

I am trying to write code for a calculator in a way it appears in GUI.What i mean here is ,i want to display a zero and then replace it with a value (typed) the...
[2 replies] Last: Hi gelatine, Clearing the screen ,ya that's fine thanks :) but, firs... (by GCK)
Picking out vowles from a cin operator

I am at this exercise relating to functions and the book says to create a function that outputs the number of vowels in a sequence of letters. I feel like I alm...
[1 reply] : Please remember to use code tags when posting code (see right menu, <... (by Catfish2)
Is it to late for me to change?

I been googling about C++ and Java if I'm gonna be a game programmer. People say that Java would be an easy language than C++ and it will be a breeze if I learn...
[6 replies] Last: @ Ice: Oh ok, nvm I'll stay on C++. (by DetectiveRawr)
Building Libraries

I'm rather new to working with outside libraries. I use code::blocks as my IDE and I am trying to include the crypto++ library. I have the library downloaded an...
[no replies]
Some help with tutorials(c++) please.

When I looked at the excercises for beginners(http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/) I discovered some points that do not exist in the tutorial on this...
[5 replies] Last: I didn't say you can't do networking with c++, just that there is no s... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Communication Gap between .h and .cpp

I am implementing a dynamic array class. The following is my header file and then my implementation file: ---------------------------------------------------...
[10 replies] Last: Try putting the functions in the .h The very end of this page is wher... (by Lowest0ne)
Requesting Help parsing strings

Hello And thank you for taking the time to read my post. I need to parse a string using default c++. I am running Debian Linux and using g++ to compile. T...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you sir Pardon my ignorance. (by neosoliar)
Question about a Hangman program

I'm starting to work on a Hangman game program, and want to know if there is a way to instead of making a new line every time; to just keep modifying the same o...
[2 replies] Last: So could you write the entire thing for just one guess? I get what you... (by AandR2024)
Need help with a While Loop program

I am struggling with this program that wants to ask the user how many grades they wish to enter, have the user enter each grade, then determine the average of a...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for all your help guys! (by LennDawg)
by mahone
Opening a File for reading

Is there any possible way to read the file name from a string variable? doing something like this: #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<fstream>...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry.. I tried with input: "E:\CPP\try" and E:\CPP\try but the prog... (by mahone)
by djru
Probabilty is off

So I am trying to calculate the probability that triangles will be formed from a set amount of glass rods and I can not get it to come out right. The lower the...
[5 replies] Last: I really appreciate all of the help, I finally got the program to run ... (by djru)
Finding the average of 20 integers from a file?

Hey guys, total C++ n00b here. I am working on assignment that has me totally stumped. I need to open and read a file using containing 20 integers,then I need t...
[5 replies] Last: No problem. You can enlarge the condition while ( InFile ) the f... (by vlad from moscow)
by kbc08
Program: finds average of numbers user inputs

Creating a program that finds that average after a user inputs any amount of numbers. The program finds the average of the numbers when a user inputs a negative...
[2 replies] Last: Check this thread if you like. I posted a similar solution. You should... (by IceThatJaw)
how to test if three char variables are equal?

if (x == y == z) { // do something } doesn't seem to work. i've printed each one out and even though they show the same character the if statemen...
[4 replies] Last: It is enough to check that one of the variables is equal to other two.... (by vlad from moscow)
Can CryENGINE code C++?

I was wondering if CryEngine can use/code C++. I got no programming experience. However I did made 2D games on GameMaker 8.1 but I must pay $25 just to script t...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/74207/ Why did you make a new... (by IceThatJaw)
lvalue vs rvalue

In reading a book I picked up at the library, "C++ Pointers and Memory Management", Daconta , I came across a section discussing the topic. I thought I knew...
[5 replies] Last: I wrote up a little on this topic at http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/... (by Cubbi)
by vegeta
Help ... What to do After

hello guys...i'm currently at video 10 from bucky's c++ tut's heres the link for he's tut's :http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAE85DE8440AA6B83&feature=pl...
[4 replies] Last: no he just teach c++ basics not graphics libray...but he just started ... (by vegeta)
Implementing a finite state machine

How would you go about implementing a state machine? I've been tossing some ideas around in my head, but can't settle on a decent one. The most promising one I'...
[7 replies] Last: Have you tried my library? It does exactly what you're looking for. It... (by cpp for all)
June 2012 Pages: 1234... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.