Beginners - June 2012 (Page 2)

Inhering overloaded functions

Hi guys, Is there a way to inherit the overloaded functions from Sterling to Sterfrac? Please not...
[5 replies] Last: Generally it's good to make everything private or protected, then pro... (by TheIdeasMan)
What's Next?

I've been studying general C++ programming for about 6 months now, so I'd like to say I've got a sol...
[9 replies] Last: Alright, I'll look into this stuff, thanks guys (by Phil123)
Redirecting Input File

I'm using command prompt to run my program and from what I know that redirecting input file can be d...
[1 reply] : Bump. Any experts please comment about this. Thanks. (by LemonTea)
by Owain
Using GetAsyncKeyState() to accurately get keystrokes.

Hello. I wanted to write a program that could get keys pressed even when the program wasn't in focus...
[1 reply] : Hey there, i was looking for the values the GetAsyncKeyState() uses f... (by SatsumaBenji)
for loop

can someone tell me the for loop for this one? 11, 22, 43, 74, 511 i try for( int y=11, x...
[5 replies] Last: maybe it's a little bit difficult... btw, if you have anything to ask ... (by chipp)
Tic Tac Toe error

I am doing a Tic Tac Toe program and it compiles correctley (DevC++) and runs fine untill you enter ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys!!! if((GridA == GridA ) && (GridA == GridA ) && (G... (by Vagabond)
by djru
Well here we go again

I actually thought I was going to get this one on the first shot. The project calls for me to use to...
[1 reply] : Your problem is that you are not able to pass ofstream/ifstream object... (by James2250)
by xdcx
derived class access

a simplified example. I made the variables protected so derived classes can access their own variabl...
[6 replies] Last: To be honest, your design is all messed up. You are duplicating the m... (by IceThatJaw)
by anewb
Can someone tell my why programs not working

What im trying to do is figure out a numbers multiples below 1000 and add them together. can someone...
[6 replies] Last: This is probably what you want. int num; int product; boo... (by IceThatJaw)
by GCK
Calculator Application without GUI

I am trying to write code for a calculator in a way it appears in GUI.What i mean here is ,i want to...
[2 replies] Last: Hi gelatine, Clearing the screen ,ya that's fine thanks :) but, firs... (by GCK)
by chief
Picking out vowles from a cin operator

I am at this exercise relating to functions and the book says to create a function that outputs the ...
[1 reply] : Please remember to use code tags when posting code (see right menu, <... (by Catfish2)
Is it to late for me to change?

I been googling about C++ and Java if I'm gonna be a game programmer. People say that Java would be ...
[6 replies] Last: @ Ice: Oh ok, nvm I'll stay on C++. (by DetectiveRawr)
Building Libraries

I'm rather new to working with outside libraries. I use code::blocks as my IDE and I am trying to in...
[no replies]
Some help with tutorials(c++) please.

When I looked at the excercises for beginners(http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/) I disc...
[5 replies] Last: I didn't say you can't do networking with c++, just that there is no s... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Communication Gap between .h and .cpp

I am implementing a dynamic array class. The following is my header file and then my implementation ...
[10 replies] Last: Try putting the functions in the .h The very end of this page is wher... (by Lowest0ne)
Requesting Help parsing strings

Hello And thank you for taking the time to read my post. I need to parse a string using default c...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you sir Pardon my ignorance. (by neosoliar)
Question about a Hangman program

I'm starting to work on a Hangman game program, and want to know if there is a way to instead of mak...
[2 replies] Last: So could you write the entire thing for just one guess? I get what you... (by AandR2024)
Need help with a While Loop program

I am struggling with this program that wants to ask the user how many grades they wish to enter, hav...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for all your help guys! (by LennDawg)
by mahone
Opening a File for reading

Is there any possible way to read the file name from a string variable? doing something like this: ...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry.. I tried with input: "E:\CPP\try" and E:\CPP\try but the prog... (by mahone)
by djru
Probabilty is off

So I am trying to calculate the probability that triangles will be formed from a set amount of glass...
[5 replies] Last: I really appreciate all of the help, I finally got the program to run ... (by djru)
June 2012 Pages: 1234... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.