Beginners - June 2012 (Page 4)

by meo2
Boot camp courses bay area

Hi everyone, I would like to know if anyone can recommend an instructor led boot camp style course to get up to speed with "Practical" C++ programming, I am ...
[1 reply] : If you already know C# then you don't really need an instructor. Other... (by IceThatJaw)
Game engines that use C++

I'm looking for a game engine that uses C++. I want to create a 3D game but I know what you're gonna say. However I did created some 2D games.... but I can't cr...
[4 replies] Last: Ogre3D is nice if you take the time to learn all it's features but it'... (by IceThatJaw)
by Auris
confused about class in a class in yet another class

I know it's such a basic question, but I am just blinded.. I have a class Account, then a class AccountList that contains an array of type Account, then clas...
[7 replies] Last: Alright! I see my mistake now. I had a silly assumption that since Ban... (by Auris)
How do i know when to use cout or print?

Question is pretty self explanitory. Thanks in advance!
[1 reply] : I guess you mean print f which is a C function. In C++ we often use c... (by Peter87)
Urgent please

[8 replies] Last: The stuff inside the parentheses are the function's parameters . The... (by fg109)
Problems with math.h

Hello, I am student here in Heidelberg and we got some homework to do. The homework requires me to use math.h . Whenever I type in math.h I get the following...
[1 reply] : You should be using it in a program. For example: #include <iostream... (by kbw)
Array question! I dont understand.

// arrays example #include <iostream> using namespace std; int billy = {16, 2, 77, 40, 12071}; int n, result=0; int main () { for (n=0; n<5; n++...
[8 replies] Last: You can imagine your RAM as a large room. When you create a variable,... (by fg109)
This is my problem: variable-sized object ‘Feld’ may not be initialized

Hello, I am new to programming and kind of stuck on this assignment. This is the code that I wrote so far: #include <iostream> using namespace std; i...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks to everyone else that responded! :) (by timeout2575)
Let user input # of restaurants, and I cannot read them back out

I have the program asking the user how many restaurants they want to choose from. They then enter how many restaurants they picked. I then want it to read the...
[4 replies] Last: Oh you are right. Thank you very much. (by sepetoner)
Colours on map

Hey guys, I just made a small game where you have some monsters running around randomly, some trees and some gold piles. I was wondering how to colour ite...
[7 replies] Last: I agree with Disch (by strongdrink)
by djru
Loop causing run to fail, i believe

I have a project where I have to simulate amount of triangles formed from broken glass rods. The test is supposed to run multiple times depending on how many r...
[10 replies] Last: So i just went through the get_tri function, and it's working perfec... (by djru)
A Question Regarding std::move()

If I construct an object at location A (with placement new ) and attempt to move that object to location B with std::move() , will I have to call the destruct...
[6 replies] Last: std::move() just prepares its argument for moving whilst avoiding the... (by Cubbi)
by skarla
c++

If i master in classes,polimoph,inheritance,files,and all in basci like loops ect.What will be able to make?I mean tell me a program which if a make it ,it mean...
[2 replies] Last: If you want to make "Buissnes programs" i would say: Try to learn Vis... (by stoffe1100)
Why c++ is still being used today

Hi, just want to ask why c++ is still being used today? what could be the main reasons why c++ is still widely used and preferred by many programmers?
[14 replies] Last: [quote=CoryMore] "Isn't cross-platform also a reason?" It's already ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by edelis
C++ Excercise

Develop a program which integers are placed in brackets fractions in quotation marks, and insert it in text file, that's it I realy dont understandf anything...
[8 replies] Last: Develop a program which integers are placed in brackets fractions in ... (by Phil123)
Problem with my looping. Please help.

I am new to C++. For my HW, I need to setup a program that can convert 7 letters into 7 digits phone number. I did that. But I am trying to make the program not...
[1 reply] : Please use [ code ] [ /code ] tags (with no spaces), like this: std... (by Phil123)
Error LNK2005 ... already defined in

I would have thought these error could have only come from not using header guards but here they are. Warning 14 warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' confl...
[4 replies] Last: ah, thanks vlad, didn't think of that. (by closed account 2NywAqkS)
by Reewr
Code Style Review (1,2)

My question is quite easy to answer for those of you who have done some programming, however, as a beginner I can't really answer it that easily myself. Is m...
[22 replies] Last: ¿They aren't? I was thinking the same thing. Didn't want to do a... (by Lowest0ne)
help with file iterator class

I need to rewrite a file iterator, my experience is beginning so please be patient. /* * File: foreach.h * Last modified on Thu Jun 11 12:04:09 2009 b...
[1 reply] : solved here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11125116/assist-with-wr... (by forestPeterson)
opens then exited with code 0 (0x0) (1,2)

I researched this and tried the solutions; CNTRL+F5, add system("pause");, placed a break at line2 and added cout << "Test" << endl << endl; to line 1 of main()...
[37 replies] Last: SOLVED: the LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in fu... (by forestPeterson)
June 2012 Pages: 123456... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.