Beginners - June 2012 (Page 5)

std::cin

Hello! can any one explain what's the meaning of : std::cin and std::cout thanks
[4 replies] Last: If you keep the scope as minimum as possible, it's not a big deal. But... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by edelis
C# To C++ Help

How this code would look in C++, please help. File.WriteAllText(@"test.txt", Regex.Replace(Regex.Replace(File.ReadAllText(@"test.txt"), @"-?(?<!,|\d)(?>\d+)(?!...
[2 replies] Last: Could you give me please the code? I just need a code, to run it in C... (by edelis)
Creating external resources

Hello, I would like to know if and how can I create external file with resources. Let's say, that I would like to create array of string . It's quite much,...
[1 reply] : main file: #include <directory/bigArray.hpp> x =bigArray(..,..) bi... (by gelatine)
Should I do it now or later?

I been thinking I can just play around with game engine that uses C++ since I'm still learning about C++. What do you think? Should I start playing the game eng...
[5 replies] Last: When I did my game programming class, they also introduced us immediat... (by sfBlackfox)
Classes

So,I was messing around with classes in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 with c++, and I'm a little bit confused. So, you can create a class by doing class Dog ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys :) (by colourfulbananas)
cstring understanding

Im trying to convert the (push_back) and (.clear()) to a readable cstring. any help would be greatly appreciated. if you want more information ( http://www.cp...
[6 replies] Last: line 124: char madLib is nonsense. Provide the count void setSpace... (by coder777)
sorting Arrays and corresponding numbers

Hi! I'm having a problem with arrays. This is my code: int main() { const int n = 3; int apples[n+1]; apples = 73020; apples ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you I will creat a class that contains both as I want to be able... (by Vagabond)
by Scoobs
Basic While Loop

while(loop = 1) // Continues to prompt if amount was inputted incorrectly. { switch (class1_days) { case 1: loop = 0; break; ...
[6 replies] Last: A better way is to use a bool say GoodInput and test that in the while... (by TheIdeasMan)
Couple of questions

hey guys, i'm currently working on a small project that tidy up some pdf files under directory. And i got a few problems. 1. CreatDirectory() & MoveFile() ...
[3 replies] Last: so dev c++ and VC compile it in different ways? They are different ID... (by coder777)
Question about cin.get

Other than the fact that cin.get can read the enter key as an input whereas the regular cin can't, what's cin.get's purpose? Is that the only reason it was crea...
[3 replies] Last: This example is for std::cout , not std::cin but it's still relevan... (by Catfish2)
loop not working correctly

My loop's not working correctly and I don't understand why. #include<iostream> #include <cctype> #include <cstring> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; i...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=QWERIYman]Also, the reason it's is that it's checking the fir... (by science man)
by ortymd
Tests

Hi c++men. Recently bought a book and viewed some exercises from it. The task is to find error in this code. char* f(char *s) { char ch = 'A'; retu...
[1 reply] : The error is simple: Never return a pointer to a local variable (by coder777)
C++ Compiler for Mac

I am just starting to learn C++ and I am following the tutorial on this site. It suggests you practice along with it, changing code to see what happens. What ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, that is quite helpful. And no complaints about this site, ... (by cmhamilton)
Dynamic 2d array with a Struct c++

I am writing a program that keeps inventory for a made up book store. I am using a dynamic 2d array to hold the data. Here is what I have so far. The program co...
[1 reply] : I have beat myself up over this a good part of the day. I took a showe... (by AaronTrahan)
by ToniAz
Allocating and freeing memory

Hello everyone! Just to get this straight, suppose I have a loop that iterates some number of times. In each loop I allocate some array memory by declaring a p...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=Bjarne Stroustrup]Code that creates an object using new and the... (by ne555)
by XzqtN
Completely Lost....

I have an assignment due tonight at 12am est, I am completely lost here..... Can anyone point me to the right direction? "Write a C++ program that inputs two...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; // function prototypes go h... (by Phil123)
program that calculates the value of exponential

Write a program that computes the value of e-x by using the formula: e-x= 1- x/1! + x2/2! - x3/3! + … My code is this: #include <iostream> #include<...
[4 replies] Last: Try using a double for the factorial calculation. Or...Go a step furth... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
by XzqtN
Pointers

The instructions are : .Write a c++ program that creates a decimal pointer, creates a variable set to a decimal value, then assigns the address of the varia...
[2 replies] Last: yeah im dumb i used double instead and it works fine now, thanks anywa... (by XzqtN)
Feedback and advice wanted :)

Okay I just wrote a program that asks the user to enter 5 separate numbers to correspond to the amount of pancakes that five people ate. Then the console says w...
[1 reply] : What would happen if the highest was a tie between two people? Your pr... (by Zhuge)
Help on Homework

Ok so I have to make a program that is "recorded in a data file with one sales record per line the class identification numbers that range from 0001-9999. here ...
[1 reply] : Sorry, we don't do homeworks. Or maybe some forum member will do for ... (by webJose)
June 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.