Beginners - June 2012 (Page 51)

Need help on C++ Functions!

Hi guys, I need help on a task, which deals with functions. I've started on the program itself, but don't quite understand how to use the #define function t...
[6 replies] Last: From what I know (also new to this), NwN is correct. The reason why y... (by Dan Feerst)
Something's Gone Wrong With Pointers!

I have an encrypter that uses a pointer to read the contents and then edit the value and output and en/decrypted version back to the text file. here's my cod...
[5 replies] Last: You could do it at the end of the encrypt and decrypt functions, yes. ... (by cire)
by ttimt
C++ Class help

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class A{}; int main() { A Aobj; Aobj.hae(); return 0; } class A{ public: int...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, I think it's only used that way for referencing it in function p... (by MrHutch)
Just a problem with my classes

Well I decided to make my own program that very breifly simulates shooting a gun. The problem is that I keep getting compiler errrors This is the main file /*...
[4 replies] Last: I see thank you (by DisobeyedCoot)
Trying to understand the \b escape code

So I used the below code to get an output of "Tes": // just playing with escape codes #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { cout ...
[3 replies] Last: Aaahhh. I see. I thought it actually removed text. That makes much ... (by taterpoon)
by maroun
vector problem

Hey all, vec is a vector. I deleted value at vec[i2-1] Shape* r1 =vec.at(i2) vec.erase(vec.begin() +i2-1); delete r1; now i want to print all values in vecto...
[2 replies] Last: The value at vec[i2-1] is what was previously at vec , unless there wa... (by cire)
Assigning seats for a flight using 2d arrays and functions

You are the developer for taxiflite.com, a company which charters a light aircraft to Capetown from Johannesburg. Write a program to assign seats on each fligh...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, That code was just an example; what you need is char let... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by blk
Compiling errors.

Hi, I'm working on a little project and I have some compiling errors that I can't fix. This is my code: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <io...
[14 replies] Last: Hi there, Maybe it's because of this, not sure though - it depends on... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
read file into multiple dimension array

Hello, and thank you for your help :) I am writing a program that will do some math on some data I have in a file. The problem is that there is different typ...
[12 replies] Last: Hi there, As far as I know you would have two options, but I'm sure s... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
help plz :)

hi i want to know how i move body in c++ console ?? i'm a beginner in c++ and i want to make maze game can anybody help me ? what's algorithms can i ne...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Disch has written an excellent article on this subject (mor... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Naureg
My 'Tic Tac Toe' program

TicTacToe.h #include <iostream> using namespace std; int turn = 1; class Board { public: char chars ; Board(); void Clear() ...
[2 replies] Last: Aha thanks :D (by Naureg)
Calculator

I built a calcuator and am geting an error at the "==" in the if statments. Can some one help me please? #include <iostream> #include "conio.h" using namespa...
[4 replies] Last: Opperation and Calculate should be strings. std::string Opperation, ... (by Shinigami)
Pyrimid program not working for input over 20 why not?

So my program is working essentially but any input over 10 the program, over laps and just gets weird, maybe im doing this wrong but would like some help in...
[1 reply] : Looks fine up to 39 for me. Once I get to 40 it starts to wrap because... (by Disch)
Function Return Time

so im a noob just messing around with C++ and im trying to make like a fack password hack to scare a friend but i only want it to run for 60 seconds and i cant ...
[5 replies] Last: srand(int(time(0))); sets the seed for rand(). rand() is a pseudo-ran... (by GRex2595)
How can I have a different output based of input?

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main () { string mystr; cout <<"What is your name?"; getline (cin, mystr);...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! (by AandR2024)
Using a pointer as an array?

Should I use: char* x = "asdasdasd"; or char x = "asdasdasd"; to store an array?
[2 replies] Last: If you're asking about C++, the answer is neither. Use std::string x ... (by Cubbi)
error LNK2019 and fatal error LNK1120

I am a college student and this is one of my project for my C++ class, #include <iomanip> #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> #inc...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you coder777 and NwN, that works! (by wzt8112)
Set Text in a TextBox

in the automatically-generated Form1.h in MSVC 2010, how could I set the text of a textbox while the program is running? the Form1.h looks something like this:...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, I'll show my big bundle of joy over there, and then ask them :... (by krakow10)
Weirdness in simple sorting code

I am working on sorting codes, and planning compare them,.. but i m facing really weird problem, could you please help? After the insertion sort is done, i m...
[no replies]
Overloading the output operator

Okay, so I'm almost done with my program, but I'm stuck on overloading the output operator. When I look it up, I'm confused as to the format I should be using ...
[2 replies] Last: Aha! The friend part went totally over my head in the lecture, so of ... (by vanllabean81)
June 2012 Pages: 1... 495051
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.