Beginners - June 2013

Dividing user input into strings

I'm trying to save the words of a sentence that is entered by the user in different strings. The problem is that I have no idea how to write that a space marks ...
[13 replies] Last: Sorry I was grouchy with you. (by Duthomhas)
Recursive Fill (Please Help

When you press return, it's supposed to go to a new row, but I'm a little confused and need help. Here are instructions. Write a program that gets as an input:...
[no replies]
by Andym
file is note reading from the file

Why is this not reading from the file? I have it in the same directory and the write file functions works well enough. // // main.cpp // GradeCalcu...
[4 replies] Last: However, based upon the previous discussion, and then looking at this ... (by Chervil)
by ivan1
Index of an array

Hi All, I have a 2d array and I am trying to get the index of a specific element. Actually, it is enough if i can get the second index. Here is my functio...
[4 replies] Last: It works, thanks! (by ivan1)
by undph
String find

Im writing a calculator. I want to include a sinus-function. for(int i = 0; i < anzahlOperanden; i++){ if (zahlen.at(i) == "PI"){ zahlen.at(i) = ...
[1 reply] : std::string::find Return value: The position of the first character... (by Smac89)
The normal distribution cumulative density function in c++

#include<math.h> but N is not identified as cumulative density function. cdf also doesn't work Anything wrong?
[no replies]
changes seems to be done but not applied

I'm trying to take multiple lines of string to a vector, like "hello you", "hello world". and then through for_each changes the ASCII value on all characters i...
[4 replies] Last: I just realized it now, Thanks to you :) (by Akillioon)
change invidual characters in string

I would like to know how to access a string = "hello you"; with char a; I would like for an example take out the first l and the y, then change the ch...
[3 replies] Last: I enlarged the example. (by vlad from moscow)
Destructor

Should we use a destructor everytime when we are using pointer in our code? Or only when the character pointers are used.
[2 replies] Last: Show how are you going to use destructor? (by vlad from moscow)
problem giving inout

Hey , suppose I made a simple factorial program in C , which takes a user input. I wish to give the input from a .txt file in which the number of which I want t...
[7 replies] Last: What you need to do is to open a console window of your own, where you... (by Chervil)
pointer to class member function

should I use "&" to point to the function address?If & is omitted, there is compiling error, but I learnt from book no & is needed here. Does it depend on the ...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/pointers-to-members.html (by kbw)
Sum of nonnegative numbers

Hello, Following is the algorithm that I'm trying to work out in C++: step 1. Set the value of Sum to 0 step 2. Input the first number N step 3. Wh...
[10 replies] Last: no problem but when you want to share a cod write it between ... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
Draughts game

Hello, everyone. I want to code a turkish draughts game. But i dont know where to start. I dont have any idea about how to code it. I dont want the entire c...
[7 replies] Last: yes it is an exercise but i dont know how to use classes so i dont kn... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
tun time check failure?

Anything wrong with my code? run-time check failure #2:stack around the variable "ppointer" was currupted. What is the error about? I could see the printout ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by boringegg)
by Ban13
C++ Application that doesn't steal focus and just runs

I'd like to make a simple, small application which, when started doesn't steal focus, shows in the process list and runs until I stop it. Unfortunately I hav...
[8 replies] Last: Hi, can you be so good to provide the actual code please, I'm having ... (by Ban13)
Function Problem

So im having some trouble with the fact functions have to be declared before you can use them, and that really screws up my game concept I am trying to use to g...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks Chervil - Your explanation helped a lot - I tried them all out ... (by firesoulpwn)
Declaration - Calculation?

When I try to execute this program, I get 1 as o/p which is obviously correct. #include<iostream.h> void main() { long double x=400; x*=400; x/=400; ...
[10 replies] Last: Ah, thanks a lot, everyone. That really helped. (by BlitzkriegLove)
by piczim
c code running in windows

I have done a VERY simple currency converter which runs in the command prompt. is it possible to some how get this to work as a windows program. I would like to...
[3 replies] Last: A C compiler. (by vlad from moscow)
Help with template classes and error LNK2001

Hi all! I have some error LNK2001s due to this class, but I am not too good with templates: // pro_vector.hpp namespace pro { template<class T>clas...
[4 replies] Last: Hey thanks man it worked! :D I owe you one. (by altan haan)
Need ideas

hello there i need idea/tasks for what to make... i would like something challanging but not to hard.... i only know if statements,while loops,for loop,fu...
[12 replies] Last: i shared sme exercises or beginners yesterday but i wont continue you ... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
June 2013 Pages: 123... 49
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.