Beginners - June 2013

How do you make one of them doohickies.

Hello, so my question is how do you make an string input that will only allow a specific format. Lik...
[6 replies] Last: @giblit Oh my mistake, I wasn't aware that you could do that so I assu... (by Momoironeko)
by cshu
help with arrays

I cant seem to get my output to give me the correct number for wages. All I get is a really long num...
[13 replies] Last: Don't specify the brackets. getInfo(empId,wagesEarned); sh... (by AbstractionAnon)
by ranfan
Problem With Operators?

Here's my code #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> #include <windows...
[4 replies] Last: Oh I see lol. I was over thinking it. Thank you both for your help (by ranfan)
Dividing user input into strings

I'm trying to save the words of a sentence that is entered by the user in different strings. The pro...
[13 replies] Last: Sorry I was grouchy with you. (by Duoas)
Recursive Fill (Please Help

When you press return, it's supposed to go to a new row, but I'm a little confused and need help. He...
[no replies]
by Andym
file is note reading from the file

Why is this not reading from the file? I have it in the same directory and the write file functions...
[4 replies] Last: However, based upon the previous discussion, and then looking at this ... (by Chervil)
by ivan1
Index of an array

Hi All, I have a 2d array and I am trying to get the index of a specific element. Actually, it is...
[4 replies] Last: It works, thanks! (by ivan1)
by undph
String find

Im writing a calculator. I want to include a sinus-function. for(int i = 0; i < anzahlOpera...
[1 reply] : std::string::find Return value: The position of the first character... (by Smac89)
The normal distribution cumulative density function in c++

#include<math.h> but N is not identified as cumulative density function. cdf also doesn't work Anyth...
[no replies]
changes seems to be done but not applied

I'm trying to take multiple lines of string to a vector, like "hello you", "hello world". and then ...
[4 replies] Last: I just realized it now, Thanks to you :) (by Akillioon)
change invidual characters in string

I would like to know how to access a string = "hello you"; with char a; I would like for an...
[3 replies] Last: I enlarged the example. (by vlad from moscow)
Destructor

Should we use a destructor everytime when we are using pointer in our code? Or only when the charac...
[2 replies] Last: Show how are you going to use destructor? (by vlad from moscow)
problem giving inout

Hey , suppose I made a simple factorial program in C , which takes a user input. I wish to give the ...
[7 replies] Last: What you need to do is to open a console window of your own, where you... (by Chervil)
pointer to class member function

should I use "&" to point to the function address?If & is omitted, there is compiling error, but I ...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/pointers-to-members.html (by kbw)
Sum of nonnegative numbers

Hello, Following is the algorithm that I'm trying to work out in C++: step 1. Set the value of ...
[10 replies] Last: no problem but when you want to share a cod write it between ... (by senhor)
by senhor
Draughts game

Hello, everyone. I want to code a turkish draughts game. But i dont know where to start. I dont ...
[7 replies] Last: yes it is an exercise but i dont know how to use classes so i dont kn... (by senhor)
tun time check failure?

Anything wrong with my code? run-time check failure #2:stack around the variable "ppointer" was curr...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by boringegg)
by Ban13
C++ Application that doesn't steal focus and just runs

I'd like to make a simple, small application which, when started doesn't steal focus, shows in the p...
[8 replies] Last: Hi, can you be so good to provide the actual code please, I'm having ... (by Ban13)
Function Problem

So im having some trouble with the fact functions have to be declared before you can use them, and t...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks Chervil - Your explanation helped a lot - I tried them all out ... (by firesoulpwn)
Declaration - Calculation?

When I try to execute this program, I get 1 as o/p which is obviously correct. #include<iostream.h...
[10 replies] Last: Ah, thanks a lot, everyone. That really helped. (by BlitzkriegLove)
June 2013 Pages: 123... 49
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.