Beginners - June 2013 (Page 3)

by salh
Weird compiler error, no idea what's wrong

Something is wrong here which I // Learning.cpp : main project file. #include "stdafx.h" #in...
[1 reply] : You forgot to enclose the condition in parentheses. if number1>numbe... (by vlad from moscow)
by Jay211
Sample Payroll Calculation Program

1. There is a stationary business in your neighbourhood which has 2 casual workers who work a giv...
[3 replies] Last: > i need aid don't have a clue Do it step by step. First, write a sma... (by JLBorges)
by ivan1
2D Arrays

I have a 2d array and I created it with pointers. int **array; array = new int* ; for (int i...
[7 replies] Last: array must be initialized by constructor, not by {...} Sounds like a... (by Cubbi)
Access Violation Reading File

I'm getting this acess error trying to read in from a file. Error First-chance exception at...
[6 replies] Last: I replicated this segment of code in a diferent project and it worked.... (by nano511)
Confused about doubly linked lists

I am reading "Programming Principles and Practice Using C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup. I am currently on...
[3 replies] Last: @MikeyBoy @kooth Thanks you very much! Now I understand everything! (by benbalach)
by senhor
Expected init-declarator before "int"

I am here with a problem again. I am still working on my ticktacktoe game. I have tried everything i...
[12 replies] Last: it is the last code which works fine: #include <iostream> #include <... (by senhor)
symbol &

Hello, What is the meaning of (1&3) Have you some example where it is good to use s...
[2 replies] Last: For example to determine whether an integer value is odd or even. if... (by vlad from moscow)
Counting Variable Names

I'm stuck with coming up how to create this program that lets you enter a sentence and then counts h...
[6 replies] Last: Pure C++98: #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <sstream>... (by JLBorges)
Bitwise opperations

I've not done much work on using variables for bit flags so I wanted to check that this is correct b...
[15 replies] Last: @naraku9333 dont worry the overlap is intentional there. And yeah I w... (by SatsumaBenji)
boost shared pointer

I am trying to learn shared pointers the code as is works fine. #include <vector> #include <s...
[4 replies] Last: Looks OK to me. On line 26 you create a shared pointer to the dynam... (by MikeyBoy)
by Jayzen
Generator

Write your question here. Hey guys please help me whit this ..how can i generate A random names i...
[1 reply] : > You type 10 names the programe needs to genrate and pick randomly 5... (by JLBorges)
Removing unneeded values from a file

Write your question here. Hello all. I am having problem with deleting unwanted data from a file....
[no replies]
by nasser
need an explanation

i can't understand this code please (i'm a beginner) #include<iostream> using namespace std...
[2 replies] Last: Thx alot (by nasser)
Problem with the if statment

Okay so I learned the if statment today and tried combining it with a calculator. And I thouth if i ...
[1 reply] : Try this : if(ans == 100) Equality operator, not assignment. HTH... (by TheIdeasMan)
special format specifiers in scanf

How exactly does %[\n] function? what is role of * in %*c (though it's explanation is already prese...
[4 replies] Last: I get it now.Thank you cubbi. (by supraba)
How is this done?

Let's say you have a class named Girl. Then you declare: vector<Girl> girl, girlfriend, sister, st...
[2 replies] Last: This works. I should have thought of that from the very beginning. N... (by prestokeys)
My First Official Attempt

I decided to take up learning C++ (as I'm sure has been said an untold amount of times). For my firs...
[4 replies] Last: I would have a case for option 5, then there is no need for line 50. ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by anzhit
Calendar program

i had to make a program to print a calendar taking the input of number of days and the first day of ...
[no replies]
interactive while loops

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am having trouble with my interactive while loop. I can't get my pr...
[6 replies] Last: That's because your code tells it to do that! I'm confused. Can you ... (by kyiro37)
Incorrect input function

Hey everyone. I'm trying to write a function that reads in a double and checks for incorrect inputs,...
[2 replies] Last: Cool. So just pass by reference and it's good. That helps a lot. Thank... (by rorschach775)
June 2013 Pages: 12345... 49
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.