Beginners - June 2014

Crazy grades

I've been trying to make this work, the text file is called "grades", and this the numbers I'm given by the instructor in this file: 44 55 77 88 79 88 100 99 ...
[5 replies] Last: After trying the 2D array along with a nested for loop, I GOT IT TO W... (by Eheroduelist)
by gawndy
Creating a GUI application with c++?

Hello. I was wondering if it was possible to create GUI applications with C++. I heard it was possible with something called QT but I know nothing about that. ....
[7 replies] Last: @Needstep, you are correct. I took about 3 hours trying to learn QT an... (by gawndy)
Code with multiple functions

Hi there! First off, thank you for taking the time to read/lend a hand with this question. To the long-timers on the forum, I realize you see these kind of ques...
[6 replies] Last: Perfect, that's exactly what I needed to know. AbstractionAnon, Manga... (by TheChase21)
by Drak
Sort Array Function

So arrays are not my strong point and once again I call upon this forum. The output of the code should look something like this: 6 10 20 5 30 15 25 The origi...
[3 replies] Last: This is literally all he gave us to work with. Seems adequate to me... (by jlb)
References and calls between files/classes

Greetings. I would like to know how to "pass" references between classes. Let me write in pseudocode for simplicity sake. //this is typeThird.cpp #in...
[8 replies] Last: > The classes have a relation of dependency between them. > Each must ... (by ne555)
problem with bubble sort

Write your question here. #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; int lsearch(int , int* , int*); int b_search(int , int*, int*); ...
[5 replies] Last: Line 77,93: These functions don't return anything. They should be v... (by AbstractionAnon)
How to draw BST

So we have these numbers and I have to draw a balanced tree and then remove 7 .. so these are the numbers -42 1 3 7 23 31 88.
[2 replies] Last: i got 7 on top, and 3 and -42 as second generation and the rest of the... (by whoovian11)
Computing adjusted BMR (using overloaded function) (1,2)

I'm attempting to compute the adjusted BMR using an overloaded function. The first function correctly computed the BMR, but when I get to the overloaded functio...
[20 replies] Last: Maybe i'm just missing the point here. i was trying to guide you towar... (by Chervil)
problem with pointer

Write your question here. #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; struct node { int data; node *next; }; typedef node *...
[4 replies] Last: Line 26. PS. Global variables are naughty, although not a major culpr... (by keskiverto)
Applying callback to call gsl_integration

I am a newbie with c++ and I am trying to modify a code and use gsl_integration library of c in a class called Cosmology . In order to assign member functi...
[3 replies] Last: You can initialize a static const without C++11. (by AbstractionAnon)
Question about pointer

Why do we use pointers when we can just directly set the value of a variable to another like in the 2nd code? Just started getting into pointers and that was th...
[5 replies] Last: > Why do we use pointers when we can just directly set the value of a ... (by ne555)
Threading in c++

Hey Bro I want to learn about threading in c++ If you guys plz help how should i start with threading in c++??? I have no concepts about threading so plz ...
[9 replies] Last: http://www.sfml-dev.org/ (by MiiNiPaa)
by tem14b
This is not compiling in Xcode, very confused

Xcode gives me errors, and when I fix what it wants me to fix, I get more errors. Currently the errors given are: 'unknown type name " '-line 2 'expected ';'...
[11 replies] Last: @tem14b Don't double post ( http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/13... (by BHX)
by h4ever
Problem with different types, WCHAR

I am trying to fill vector src.Files with values of file names, having problems with different types. When I try to pass search_data.cFileName directly to the v...
[4 replies] Last: I thought that UNICODE is multibyte... That was why I used it. I chang... (by h4ever)
LNK 1120 and LNK2019(unresolved external error)

I have been making this SDL game it's been working fine until now when i opened it and showed me these two errors the code is too lengthy it would be hard to pa...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry i found it the problem was that i didn't added existing file for... (by Sharan123)
Problem with enums.

I'm writing a quick tic tac toe game but my plan is to pass the enum PLAYERS, to the function "firstGuess()", when trying to pass the enum, it tells me "type na...
[3 replies] Last: Oh right that makes much more sense to me. I didn't realise that I de... (by Sausage)
by h4ever
how to inititate vector

I have class which has member Files . This should be vector of strings. Instance of class SRC should hold names of files which will be read from directory (lat...
[5 replies] Last: And you probably thought so, because you already have something in t... (by keskiverto)
by bonho
communication between threads and/or processes

I would like to run two C++ process / threads independently with one as "sender" and the other "receiver". For instance, "sender" will read keyboard instruct...
[7 replies] Last: I worked on a project that used it. It was slow, but so were the mach... (by kbw)
by MarcG
Length Converter

Is there anyway to make this simpler? And/or that can function better? http://pastebin.com/0SXJFuBn Couldn't post the code here, exceeds the maximum chara...
[4 replies] Last: It makes no difference to the end user. It is "simpler" for the origi... (by keskiverto)
Gui Programming

With GUI programming most tutorials and information i find all suggest using new programs such as QT or Widgets to help with the process, why don't people progr...
[7 replies] Last: code blocks comes with a designer (wxSmith) for the GUI framework wxWi... (by coder777)
June 2014 Pages: 123... 48
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.