Beginners - June 2019

"free(): invalid pointer" in very strange situation

I have to similars programs but the second one doesn't work #include <iostream> #include <f...
[6 replies] Last: > But now I'm wondering why this function worked perfectly before when... (by salem c)
Random numbers on different systems

Hi guys, I have a question: If I use std::seed_seq seq{1,20,3200,403,5*randomseed+1,12000,73667...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you guys! (by PhysicsIsFun)
if else ladder troubles

So for my C++ class, we were assigned to make a program to assess the cost of wooden desks. Although...
[6 replies] Last: Got it to work finally, thank you! (by saturnz)
ifstream dont accept a string as input.

(Im sorry if u saw any english erros becouse english is not my main language) Hey Guys, I recently ...
[9 replies] Last: It worked thank you :D (by troyaan)
Need Help in this question

Mark has 'N' days. Initially he is at position (h1,0) on the X-axis. On each day he can go to the co...
[5 replies] Last: Isn't the purpose of competitive challenges to show the extent of your... (by keskiverto)
Help on a string program

Our teacher is very specific. He gave us a program that wants you to read in a data file with names ...
[12 replies] Last: If you are absolutely certain of the number of names and the possible ... (by lastchance)
C++ while loop with a conditional statement. Read an input and skip every three times before taking action.

New to this, your help please anyone. Thanks. Extract below read's pressure value A. If it's 2000...
[1 reply] : > Extract below read's pressure value A. If it's 200000, B is actioned... (by salem c)
Problem with Setw function...

Please note the only print_strip(int picked_team, int wickets) function in the program. The proble...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, I got it :) I went with to_string option and it worked perfectly ... (by sindhu05)
assignment

encrypting and decrypting using the alphabet; Assignment Specifications Decryption and encryption...
[3 replies] Last: so apparently my map has to start with a = 0 and b = 1. the char lette... (by marcopololara)
MS Vis Studio "not a type"..??? error (1,2)

I am new to using MS VS 2015 - which I acquired for getting into my C++ studies and training at the ...
[35 replies] Last: Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. (by Niccolo)
by kmce
while loop. While cin >> !=

Hi, I am doing a drill from the book I am learning from, and i need to run a while loop until '|' is...
[4 replies] Last: If that's Stroustrup's book, at some point he explains that any string... (by Niccolo)
Question about return statements in a void function

Hi all, I'm trying to wrap my head around void functions, and the only part that I'm unsure about i...
[3 replies] Last: There can be a use for explicit return in void function: void echoSqu... (by keskiverto)
Classes

Hello, 1. Why is there '&' symbol in this parameter?? CVector operator+ (const CVector& first, con...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=jonnin]is the current object equal to the one passed in Carefu... (by keskiverto)
What Is Wrong ?

Just starting out in C++. Why is my code so slow ? The nested loops below I think would take a day t...
[8 replies] Last: Unlike Java, C++ has the concept of undefined behaviour. The original ... (by JLBorges)
by mcclit
how to ignore the negative number that is used as a break for the for loop

how to ignore the negative number that is used as a break for the for loop? #include <iostream>...
[3 replies] Last: Unless I'm missing some very obvious, variable total gets initialized ... (by mycuser)
by rad48
payment table (for loop)

Hi everyone I am new to C++ and have problem creating a table of payment ,for 10days max and first d...
[6 replies] Last: pay = 5; cout << '0' << "\t\t" << pay << endl; for (int num = 1; num ... (by keskiverto)
another nested for loop snag

Hey guys. I put together some code that finds a word in a string (string x called strx) and returns ...
[10 replies] Last: You're a 100% right. I extracted the code for testing and it caused ha... (by codeprog24)
by kmce
for loop

Hi, I am going through a c++ book and came across a new way to write a for loop, it was taught using...
[2 replies] Last: ....... of course lol. Such a stupid mistake. Thanks for answering :) (by kmce)
C++17 <filesystem> Doesn't output what I expect?

I'm following this tutorial: https://www.bfilipek.com/2017/08/cpp17-details-filesystem.html I'm usi...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=JLBorges]> Why did you use std::wcout instead of std::cout? On... (by PiggiesGoSqueal)
Infinite While Loop Issue

Well, I took a few days break from programming and I somehow managed to forget like 40% of basic C++...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=Ganado]What is your input? If you're trying to type in multiple... (by PiggiesGoSqueal)
June 2019 Pages: 123... 13
  Archived months: [may2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.