Beginners - June 2019 (Page 2)

string::substr tutorial needs range added

This is an example from a tutorial for string::substr. Please change it so that the definition of 'pos' is now "but" plus 2 words before it and 2 words after it...
[3 replies] Last: This can't match @JLBorges', which is superbly efficient. However, her... (by lastchance)
scope of double nested for loop

Hi, I am a little confused about the scope of double nested loops. int i = 0; while (i < tot){ for (int j = 0; j < found; j++){ ...
[5 replies] Last: Consider me well schooled! =) Turns out, my intended question was bei... (by jjordan33)
I need HELP with C++ and Arduino

I have to create a program where I need to send numbers from a text file to an Arduino UNO through a C++ program. But once I've managed to open the .txt files a...
[1 reply] : Which OS/Compiler are you running on the host machine. The one with th... (by salem c)
Trying to figure out rand()

Hi, Is the following code correct if I want to create a random number -RanNum - between 1 and 100 and convert it and store it into a string -s-? ...
[3 replies] Last: If you're just printing a number, you don't need to convert it to a st... (by Ganado)
prime numbers (1,2)

this code is supposed to iterate through all consecutive numbers from 2 to 100 and should print all the prime numbers. What I get is instead a long list of repe...
[22 replies] Last: Don't sweat it... the best way to check isprime() for small (meaning u... (by jonnin)
Comparing Values from external file

I am a beginner and this is a homework assignment, so I don't need full blown out answers! I know my code probably looks like a mess, so thank you for understan...
[5 replies] Last: it seems likely. perhaps something like getline from file (getline ... (by jonnin)
by mcclit
Storing multiple input inside a variable with out an array or vector.

Write a complete C++ program that reads in a list of scores until the user enters a negative number. It will add all the given scores up and subtract the bigges...
[6 replies] Last: Don't forget to set firstTime to true. You can also use constructor t... (by Zaap)
by annw3y
c++ replace elements in linked list

Does someone know how to write a function that replaces the first one with the last element in a dynamic, one-way linked list.
[1 reply] : template <typename Item> void replace_first_by_last( std::forward_li... (by nuderobmonkey)
by annw3y
c++

I need some help with some code. Here is the text: Plot the progress of the rider on the road. With the symbol * draw the number of percents by which a rider ha...
[3 replies] Last: You've gotten your percentages. I assume that the "drawPath" function... (by zapshe)
Fastest way to read data into an vector?

Can someone tell me if there is a faster than this? My text file has 40 million lines, so basically I am storing 40 million strings into my vector. ifst...
[8 replies] Last: As others have already pointed out, there's a lot to consider with suc... (by Niccolo)
Add characters to a loop: C++

I want to be able to take my code and add A, B, C, D, E, F to each row, as so: 1A 1B 1C 1D 1E 1F 2A 2B 2C 2D 2E 2F 3A 3B ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by pwnsamp)
Can anybody suggest the solution in O(n)?

Two strings S and T of the same length N .Convert the string S into T by doing some operations. In an operation, you can delete the first character of the strin...
[9 replies] Last: It seems I misread the 'append' part... Sorry. :-( (by Duthomhas)
For loop question: C++

I have a code here that displays integers from 1-100 using 5 columns. I would like to know how to only display the numbers that are divisible by 6 and 7. For e...
[6 replies] Last: I meant XOR, and thanks, this solves it. (by pwnsamp)
derived classes

From article : protected members are accessible from other members of the same class (or from their "friends"), but also from members of their derived classes....
[1 reply] : A derived class = subclass = child class, in OOP. See also: https://ww... (by Ganado)
by medosz
While statement, two largest number

I wrote a program to find the largest number. This program use a while statement to prompt the user to enter 10 numbers. Then we get the largest number. What c...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <set> using namespace std; int main() {... (by anup30)
Other data types

1. What's the point of using union when we have struct?? In union we can't even know value of something because they share the same memories, but in struct we...
[7 replies] Last: Also use static to prevent the data from being created/deleted on ev... (by jonnin)
Question

Write your question here. Hello everyone. Question: Print the names of students who scored second lowest marks in a test. Encountering multiple problems(errors...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Zaap, Salem c, everybody (by Beginner of C)
help much needed on TEMP assingment (ANY FEEDBACK IS GOOD FEEDBACK)

This assignment is pretty confusing just because it has a lot of steps and i'm pretty lost on what i'm doing wrong but i can not seem to get the correct code, a...
[5 replies] Last: // The assignments wonky anyways just throw this at the teacher, sti... (by Shibitto)
The usual overloaded "<<" conundrum...

Ok Gang, Mr. Dummy (myself!! LOL) is back with another problem that you would all THINK is easy (I hope it is) but I'm screwing something up! I am going t...
[14 replies] Last: Ganado is correct! The way the problem was worded, I was forced to us... (by Xanadu4ever)
Structure of array

here is my code, as u see i used structure of arrays. the question is how should i take the arrays element by user directly ? #include<iostream> #include...
[6 replies] Last: @Zaap: int n; cin>>n; Data f ; // this is not legal C++ The f has ... (by keskiverto)
June 2019 Pages: 1234... 13
  Archived months: [may2019] [jul2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.