Beginners - March 2013 (Page 2)

Custom controle not working (VS2012)

Hi i'm trying to add a custom control to my project. after i compile i can see it in my toolbox but...
[no replies]
by shubh
why doesn't this work??

i have to write a generic function to sort int,float and char values and this isn't working.what is ...
[no replies]
Why doesnt my prgrm read in parameters properly?

Im trying to create a program for a C++ project where you need to read in a parameter from the comma...
[1 reply] : You forgot the number of parameters. int main( int argc , char *argv... (by Catfish3)
Don't know what these compilation errors mean?

Hello. I have some .cpp and .h files in a project that I built with codeblocks and when I compile I ...
[14 replies] Last: Well that got me started. Thank you everyone. (by lamentofking)
Why won't this simple function work?

I'm trying to make a function that takes a reference to a vector as an argument, and reverses its el...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I fixed it by changing [(vect.size()-i)] to [(vect.size()-... (by jbos1190)
by civarc
Function call issues

PROBLEM SOLVED! This is a homework assignment that relates to march madness basketball stats. I h...
[5 replies] Last: Your setData function doesn't store anything: [code firstline=65] v... (by AbstractionAnon)
computer graphics in c++

HI, I Want to make a simple cg program in c++ of a moving circle i.e when left arrow key is pressed...
[no replies]
Shooting a sprite to a specific point in SFML

I have no idea how to do this.
[13 replies] Last: So I've read over your message about 5 times now. Should I do what you... (by kong288)
by dima93
How to use ascii table to count letters ?

The question : Write a program that will initialize an array of charters to “do be do bo”. The ...
[3 replies] Last: void Statistics( const char s ) { const size_t N = 26; size_t freq... (by vlad from moscow)
[Linker error] undefined reference to 'function'

I've been struggling with this for the last two hours, not sure what I'm missing. I've searched the...
[2 replies] Last: The function prototype, (lines 5-7), function definition (lines 46, 77... (by Chervil)
Stuck... on a while loop! Help please!

Write a loop that will accept numbers from a user as long as he wishes to enter numbers. Calculate t...
[4 replies] Last: Okay. I see. So I just changed the condition to now be ( xNum != 0) ... (by mcnevermore)
Dynamic memory (new) question.

I'm just curious, in the tutorial it allows for: pointer = new type; and pointer = new ty...
[16 replies] Last: chipp, in the first function, str is a pointer that points to memory a... (by cire)
by eXord
Copy constructor - "invalid memory allocation"

So I have a defined copy constructor which deep copies elements of an array, however when I run the ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your replies, @JLBorgess this way seems interesting, i've ... (by eXord)
C++ equivalent for tmpfile()

http://cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/tmpfile/ Searching the Reference, I couldn't find a C++ str...
[9 replies] Last: libstdc++ specific (AFAIK, works only for char and wchar_t): #includ... (by JLBorges)
by zukias
Question on class pointers...

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class MyClass{ public: int nValue; }; int main()...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for replies anthony & framwork, I think that cleared it up for ... (by zukias)
How to extract the bits from a binary number?

Hi, I want a function that, given two integers n and k, returns the kth bit of the binary represe...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! (by baby bunny)
Trouble with overloading the << operator

Back again ladies and gentlemen. Below is a cpp file from an assignment. The program consists of ...
[2 replies] Last: There is no reason to be calling new and using pointers in that code. ... (by cire)
What's the use of explicitly defining a destructor?

What's the use of explicitly defining a destructor? When an object goes out of scope, its default de...
[2 replies] Last: Deallocating memory isn't the only reason why one should overload the ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Linear Search for Lottery Ticket

I know this is a popular problem but I need help stopping my program from exiting when 'y' or 'Y' is...
[2 replies] Last: Hey thanks for the help Chervil. I cannot believe it was something as ... (by solemnservant)
Problem with Visual C++ 2008 error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu

Hi, I wrote some code on an online compiler and it worked out well. But when I move it to Visual ...
[7 replies] Last: Yeah it seems fine for the moment. Thanks! (by baby bunny)
March 2013 Pages: 1234... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.