Beginners - March 2013 (Page 6)

by Jace
Removing dependencies

I've tried to send my friends programs, but when they open them they report an error. When I checked to see if my program had any dependencies, there were't any...
[1 reply] : should be msvcp110.dll or something like that, all programs compiled w... (by rcast)
by Jace
Function problem

I don't know where to input a certain file name into the function so that the function searches for the certain file. If you were trying to find a certain file...
[no replies]
Could I have used any pointers to better this program?

If anyone cares to look over it, this is the program: (Well only the header and the class functions Header File #ifndef FISH_H #define FISH_H #include <i...
[4 replies] Last: Fair enough, thanks for the confirmation (by Tiger58)
memory allocation and segmentation fault

Hi! I'm new to c++ (and forums), so I have some trouble with the memory management. I have a class Matrix which is basically only a class to manage a two diment...
[6 replies] Last: Destrcutors are made to get rid of parts but only when those parts are... (by IceThatJaw)
Mortgage calculator. Last steps. Please help due soon

I need my code to display Month but it seems my code is skipping month's and not displaying 1, 2 3. It's going 1 , 3 ,5 and so on. This is the code i have for...
[no replies]
by ZeinH
C++ Problem for All Projects!

I Cant Debug Any of my Projects At All It Never adds an .exe file Heres The Output: 1>------ Build started: Project: rthrrg, Configuration: Debug Win32 -----...
[3 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10888391/link-fatal-error-lnk1123-f... (by MiiNiPaa)
What does this mean????

In my c++ book it says the following: When you are defining a multidimensional array as a parameter, you can also omit the first dimension value. Of course, ...
[no replies]
How To Open Files By Commands in C++

Like i wanna open File Through C++ Comannds in C:\Users\User\Downloads and stuff like that Please Help *_*
[2 replies] Last: ok thx^^ (by Yanshux)
Help with battleship program?

aa
[2 replies] Last: How to generate a random number -> http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/begi... (by IceThatJaw)
Best ways to learn C++?

Hey guys. So I have almost no experience with programming. Really my only experience is a few classes using HTML whether you consider that coding or not. I r...
[2 replies] Last: 1. Read and code. 2. C# and Java are hot right now as far as language... (by IceThatJaw)
Return a value

The error when i try to build my code says, 'createBanner' must return a value. But when i try to put return 0; at the end of my code, I get a huge long error....
[3 replies] Last: It complains because you didn't return anything when the function sign... (by IceThatJaw)
Why is it giving me error? (Pointer array)

I am confused as to why it gives error when I try to use a pointer array like this: //Don't mind the whole class nonsense #include <iostream> #include <...
[2 replies] Last: Nice thank you (by Tiger58)
What am I doing wrong?

Hello, I appreciate any help anyone is willing to provide. I am trying to solve the following problem. write a program with a loop that lets the user ente...
[8 replies] Last: Also dont use system pause. Use cin.get. (by Anmol444)
Returning by reference

Is there a way to return by reference in a function, for example #include<iostream> #include<stdio.h> using namespace std; int sum(int num1, int num2...
[4 replies] Last: There's something you should be aware of when returning L-value refere... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Graphics using Code::Blocks

I am a beginner and I would like to know how to use graphics in C++ using the Code::Blocks compiler. I browsed the internet but couldn't get my compiler to run ...
[2 replies] Last: You need to get a graphic library. Standard C++ doesn't have any. (by maeriden)
What does this mean?

In my book it says An array records no information about its size, so you cannot use the range-based for loop with an array passed as an argument to a funct...
[5 replies] Last: @Framework Thank you you cleared it up. (by Anmol444)
When to use pointers in this kind of situation?

Our teacher said that from now on we should only be using pointers, but how far does that actually go? Do you use a pointer for every single variable you are go...
[1 reply] : You should only use pointers when you need to. Normal variables are pe... (by Anmol444)
by mirec
mfc

do you think that mfc lybrary is better then stl or qt?? or it doesn t matter that much. all i heard was that mfc is only for windows. can you actually use all ...
[no replies]
Palindrome (1,2)

I was making this palindrome checking program but then this strange error came up , please help me out . ------------------------------------------------------...
[37 replies] Last: #include<iostream> #include<stdio.h> //for using the gets() f... (by The illusionist mirage)
Asking for information twice

I am suppose to be writing a code that calculates the future population based on user input. Below is what I have so far. The problem I am having is that my inf...
[5 replies] Last: I am horrible at reading error messages. All I can tell is that it's ... (by fg109)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.