Beginners - March 2013 (Page 83)

if else / goto substitution

Hello, I am attempting at writing a leisurely program to help me with if / else what i am doing is prompting the user to type " Continue "/ or "continue" to ...
[no replies]
ending a while loop

For class I need to make a program with a while loop that terminates when the user pushes ctrl d and then displays the data entered. My problem is that when I...
[1 reply] : A couple issues. using namespace std; int main() { int maximu... (by Deftwun)
If Statements

Hi I have worked on a question where you input 3 positive number and the program gives you the middle of those so if i put in 1,2,3 it will give me 2. Here is t...
[3 replies] Last: great stuff! Thank you so much Stewbond! (by sakonpure6)
Dynamically create array named after for loop iterator

Hey so I want to create n arrays (based off user input) of size x (also off user input). The way I was thinking of doing it was having a for loop perform n iter...
[2 replies] Last: Wow that is very useful, thanks so much. (by Henry Lewis)
Please help me! I need to create a program with 2dimensional array

I need to write a program that will simulate moving player 'N' on the map. It must occupy the position on 2-dimensional vector from ' ' elements. If I press...
[1 reply] : With respect to you, I don't think that way of asking questions be goo... (by Kubani)
Dice Rolling Game with 3 Dices - Assingment

Hi, I know this is a C++ forum and I'm writing code in C, however since C and C++ have similarities I would like to know your insights on my program and how cou...
[no replies]
char *str, *str = 'X' error,

char* str = new char ; str = "Hello"; //*(str + 1) = 'a'; // crush if uncomment this line cout << *(str + 1) << e...
[2 replies] Last: That's a good explanation of the problem. Now the solution: 1. ch... (by Stewbond)
"&" what it means

I,m a beginner and i saw this on a youtube tutorial. I saw the tutorial to learn more about the void. But i ended the tutorial questioning myself why there is a...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you so much :D Now I have a better vision of references :) Here ... (by SkyDriver2500)
Want to Outsource programming projects through Programmersbyhour - any experiences?

I have been reading about outsourcing programming projects through Programmersbyhour or someone else. It seems like a good idea if you could get someone you tru...
[1 reply] : What do you mean by "outsourcing"? (by TheBeardedQuack)
How To Declare A Two Dimensional Array In A Function Prototype.

This is the start of my code for my two dimensional array program. We have to use a two dimensional array to make a gradebook. #include <iostream> #include ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh OK! Thank you! Sorry about the bad code format! (by Baumer8993)
Thread safe, cross platform std::localtime()

Hi everyone, I'm in need of a thread safe and cross platform solution for std::localtime() (a way to convert std::time_t into std::tm). The reason is that I'm ...
[5 replies] Last: Awesome JLBorges, I'll need to read up on those compiler specific prep... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Arrays

Actually i faced a problem in my assignment .. I don't understand the idea of it .. The Question :: ---> write a c++ programe to take a decimal number integ...
[6 replies] Last: Well a character only holds 8bit, and a string holds an array of chara... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by IBCFQ
Return statements (Help)

Hello, Before starting explaining what's my problem, thanks to the website's owner and thanks for his awesome book (Jumping into C++). So this is my problem: ...
[1 reply] : I can hardly understand the return statements, return 0; I can unders... (by Disch)
create file, edit file.

Hello! Just want to let you know that this is my first topic on this forum. I also want to apologize for my bad English. well, well. To my issue. Im a ...
[6 replies] Last: Ye now it works! :) Ty! Yeah some misstakes there (||) . But, if i d... (by shameless)
What's wrong with the following class?

class BadClass { private: int len; char* p; public: CBadClass(const char* str) : p(str), len(strlen(p)) {} // bad constructor CBadClass() {} } ...
[5 replies] Last: Hi there, In the case of text-strings, use std::string instead of cha... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Plzz Help

i was trying to write a program that prints out on screen the name of the first student with his average. Data are stored in (data.txt) file as below Bill 87...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks alot dude (by Tariqsal)
by dinho
Please Help!

Im having this problem with a simple username system: #include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; int main() { char name ; char usern...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you :) (by dinho)
How is this?

I've made a really simple, and I mean so painfully simple game, but it's what I can do right now, after some genius thinking I figured out how to do it. Enjoy! ...
[3 replies] Last: My only comment is that there are lots of variables, x, y, a and b. Ho... (by Chervil)
by skace
pow function problems

Hello, I am trying to code a program that uses Pythagoras's Theorem to calculate a missing side on a right angled triangle. When I try to use the pow() function...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, it works :) MiiNiPaa thank you for explaining the functions :D (by skace)
by Majidh
C++, Vector

need to create a program that accepts an unknown number of integer values which then gets stored in a vector. When the user inputs “enough” then the program...
[2 replies] Last: has few errors. when the user inputs "enough" the program has to outpu... (by Majidh)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 8182838485... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.