Beginners - March 2013 (Page 9)

Anybody want to make a text based RPG?

Just wondering if anyone would like to work on a text based RPG on github together to help us learn c++ together. If your new to github i can help you getting s...
[no replies]
call works in constructor, not in void function

The below code is pulled from a chassis i'm building to learn class interactions. The constructor works great.. the shop is created, the item bank is instanced...
[8 replies] Last: you would think i would have stumbled upon that randomly deleting and ... (by Bugsplatter)
Leap from Console

Hey guys, new developer in C++. I have some experience in web work, such as working in PHP, but other than that, C++ is a new experience. The trouble is, it see...
[8 replies] Last: Going to bump this thread a little: I made SFML 2.0 for Mingw32 on XP... (by Lowest0ne)
by Vaidas
NetBeans graphic problem

Hi, i started working with C++ in NetBeans (MinGW) and faced a problem - compiler cant find any libraries related to graphis (<graphics.h> and so on). Is it pos...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks MiiNiPaa :) (by Vaidas)
Trying to work with Vectors

Hello, I am trying to complete a school assignment in which a .txt is brought in, counted, and other junk. With this other junk, we need to count how many times...
[1 reply] : I hate homeworks because it alway force you to use least suitable cont... (by MiiNiPaa)
Display array

Hi ! I need help , I should create an array and the user will enter the values , and display the array and it's values in another function , without using point...
[12 replies] Last: Yes there is a big difference. In fact your code strictly speaking i... (by vlad from moscow)
Placing Battleships

I'm trying to place battleships in my battleship board which I've already created using a sub routine. I'm trying to create another sub routine to do this... so...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, that's what I would need instead, however when I place in the coo... (by rycurt11)
by Keypay
Green as grass

Hello, my name is David and I'm a fresh new comer to the world of programming. I have no experience at all and would like to get started from the ground up her...
[3 replies] Last: Orwell dev C++ is fine. Just not the old version before Orwell fixed i... (by Oria)
Remove String Quotations Using The Preprocessor

Hi, I'm trying to use a #define function directive to remove string quotations. Kind of like the opposite of stringizing. For example, if there was an operato...
[8 replies] Last: You do understand that you should force those who send you an input fi... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Tystuh
Help with a Template Function

Okay so my question says: Write template function that returns the maximum of 3 values. this is what i have but it is not working. #include <iostrea...
[4 replies] Last: This is being done very simply int a = 10, b = 20; std::cout << find... (by vlad from moscow)
Noob here. Need help with If statements

#include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> using namespace std; int main() { string mystr; cout << " W...
[2 replies] Last: How would I implement this into my code? It seems a little advanced. I... (by blucipher)
Unresolved externals - template

Hello, I have a little problem with my program in C++. Please, could you help me? Thank you! :) #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace s...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much ! :) (by Facedown)
chess program help

Hello all I have some project about chess so I have 2 rooks and I have to mark which part of matrix is marked by rook. Something like this A1 and B2 are ro...
[3 replies] Last: jebem i vas i vas forum (by memkara588)
by krutuk
Need your help with vector

Hi everybody! i need somebody's help. I located 2d array into vector, but I don't how to "std::cout" it. Please, help. Oh, and 1 more thing. If somebody know be...
[4 replies] Last: No need in example any more. I have done it by myself. But I have a ne... (by krutuk)
How to loop?

I've been experimenting with dialogue stuff in C++ and need to add an option at the end to start over at the beginning, like it's a small text based game. Here'...
[1 reply] : int main() { while(true) { //...program... co... (by LB)
by butlej
How to make 4x4 Tic Tac Toe

Gunna need a lot of help with this guys but to start off I have no idea how to make a 4x4 board I've tried this but doesn't seem to work. char board = ...
[1 reply] : Why doesn't that work? What errors are you getting? I don't know if th... (by Fransje)
Can't figure out the problem!

Please help me find the error in the code below. The error msg is: error: stray '/327' in program In function 'float convert(float)': error: expected ';' before...
[2 replies] Last: Well, that was a pretty stupid mistake, thanks for pointing it out. (by bigfeet)
Need help with this C++ adding/loop Assignment (Almost done)

Hey everyone, I need help with this C++ assignment. I have most of it completed its just I can't get some parts to work. Here is the instructions: (My probl...
[3 replies] Last: zero_count = zero_count+1; can be also written as zero_count += 1; ... (by Vidminas)
by suraya
problem with the function printarray

hey guys, i wrote this code and i am having trouble with the function printarray. everything else is working fine i guess. please help ASAP! thank you :). he...
[3 replies] Last: shit!! i think i figured out where the problem is. it starts from line... (by suraya)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 7891011... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.