Beginners - May 2012

Calculator

I built a calcuator and am geting an error at the "==" in the if statments. Can some one help me ple...
[4 replies] Last: Opperation and Calculate should be strings. std::string Opperation, ... (by Shinigami)
Pyrimid program not working for input over 20 why not?

So my program is working essentially but any input over 10 the program, over laps and just gets weir...
[1 reply] : Looks fine up to 39 for me. Once I get to 40 it starts to wrap because... (by Disch)
Function Return Time

so im a noob just messing around with C++ and im trying to make like a fack password hack to scare a...
[5 replies] Last: srand(int(time(0))); sets the seed for rand(). rand() is a pseudo-ran... (by GRex2595)
How can I have a different output based of input?

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main () { string mystr; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! (by AandR2024)
Using a pointer as an array?

Should I use: char* x = "asdasdasd"; or char x = "asdasdasd"; to store an array?...
[2 replies] Last: If you're asking about C++, the answer is neither. Use std::string x ... (by Cubbi)
error LNK2019 and fatal error LNK1120

I am a college student and this is one of my project for my C++ class, #include <iomanip> #incl...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you coder777 and NwN, that works! (by wzt8112)
Set Text in a TextBox

in the automatically-generated Form1.h in MSVC 2010, how could I set the text of a textbox while the...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, I'll show my big bundle of joy over there, and then ask them :... (by krakow10)
Weirdness in simple sorting code

I am working on sorting codes, and planning compare them,.. but i m facing really weird problem, cou...
[no replies]
Overloading the output operator

Okay, so I'm almost done with my program, but I'm stuck on overloading the output operator. When I ...
[2 replies] Last: Aha! The friend part went totally over my head in the lecture, so of ... (by vanllabean81)
When does that incorrect formatting infinite looping error occur and how to fix it?

I know there are a bunch of threads on this already, but I'm having a tiny bit of trouble understand...
[12 replies] Last: You might try it using the canonical solution, since cin.sync() isn'... (by cire)
Class hierarchy problems

Hi, I have a Carousel, which is composed of CarouselSections, which are in turn made up of Carous...
[9 replies] Last: Ah okay, thanks everyone. (by leftblank)
Reading certain lines from a .txt into variables?

Ok, so I am pretty new to C++ and have recently started a basic console application using Code::Bloc...
[8 replies] Last: Oh, yeah, I got that, just forgot to post it here. It makes sense now... (by squirrelboy1225)
Entering Text into Web Texbox with C++

(Previously asked in wrong forum - LOUNGE) Hey Guys, I'm a beginner and would like to know how to...
[1 reply] : This isn't as simple as you think. If you're a beginner in C++ then co... (by Computergeek01)
Copying files

So, I have a question about an easy implementation of copying files. My first idea, was just to ope...
[11 replies] Last: Sorry I don't get how these help with copying over full files :/ My... (by Lowest0ne)
by WimDH
Funxtion returning a pointer to an array.

Dear members, I'm trying to write a function that returns a pointer to an array. I read some olde...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Moshops! This memory thing is quite new for me! I did: int... (by WimDH)
coding question

How would I make a program that asks the user to enter 3 dimensions of a box then it displays: volu...
[3 replies] Last: Most welcome. An example would be: #include <iostream> using names... (by NwN)
Please explain this line :)

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me, I have just started on SDL (but this is a C++ not SDL que...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your help! Yeah the first part is so obvious now, feel a li... (by Swizzler)
Include standard headers in customer headers

I am using VS2010 Pro. I am busy with tutorial project and I am stuck on what I think is a really...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Disch Thanks so much for the reply. As it turns out the answer ... (by rvangend)
I am finished console , so whats next ???

Hi I am new in C++ and I am already finished the tutorial of the website so I dont know which way ...
[3 replies] Last: The market need is great, there is shortage of experienced C++ develop... (by Cubbi)
Help With a specific pointer case.

Hello there. I'm not new to c++, but pointers may confuse me in a specific case. If i do this, it ...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, I get it now. The pointer itself doesn't change but the integer it... (by john1911)
May 2012 Pages: 123... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.