Beginners - May 2012 (Page 2)

Ignore all input after the first char

This is my code: int main() { char ansPlay; cout<<"Welcome! Would you like to play a game o...
[4 replies] Last: Note that cin.sync() work different on different compilers. Isn't i... (by Peter87)
Win32 Bitmap not outputting

I have been trying to create a win32 program from a book, except using my own code with the book's c...
[3 replies] Last: I'd try starting with drawing one bitmap when the program starts. The... (by Lowest0ne)
Test to see if a file exists

I'm writing a program that takes two addresses, one of a source file and one of a destination to cop...
[3 replies] Last: Try int main() { fstream f("test_file.txt"); if(!f) { cou... (by naraku9333)
locale_classes.h error?

Ok so I was here minding my own business making a new class, and I go to build and I get an error in...
[5 replies] Last: Haha, great! You're right - semicolon hunting can be arduous. -N (by NwN)
Source code seems not OK

#include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; class Function { public: ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks NwM, I got it. (by Fransje)
How to create a league table for my game of minesweeper

After all the help so far recieved I have managed to get a working game of minesweeper, the only thi...
[3 replies] Last: Your best bet would be to create some sort of class that stores whatev... (by MrHutch)
Can anyone check my c++ code please.....

This is my code :- #include <iostream> using namespace std; int totalDays(); int departureT...
[1 reply] : int airfareAmount() { int airfareAmount; // to be returned to user on... (by Moschops)
by Screed
Homework (1,2)

Hello everyone :) I'm slowly learning C++ but I was wondering something, you see, I watch 10 video t...
[27 replies] Last: Ya i like Notepad++ too, i use it mainly for HTML stuff tho :) (by Screed)
by jmrag
Help with reading from file

Hello there i have a textfile that goes like this: @Solomon Islands AGAF (AFT) ...
[no replies]
openGL + Freeglut troubles

so I've pretty much finished console application programming and it's a lot of fun, but I've been tr...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, NwN. (by bleachy)
error 31 invalid types `unsigned ***[int]' for array subscript

Hi all - Just getting an error in regards my arrays. Just wondering if I could get some feedback on ...
[14 replies] Last: Happens like that a lot with code. Just try your best to keep it tidy... (by MrHutch)
queue and linked list

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; typedef struct node { int data; ...
[1 reply] : Hi there, It may just be me, but this looks an awful lot like the cod... (by NwN)
Summing digits of an integer

Write a program that displays the sum of the digits of any non-negative integer. Two program run...
[5 replies] Last: Hi there, Sorry, we don't do homework for people, as stated in this f... (by NwN)
by jorz
return value class

hi there again I have a class and when I call it, it does change a global variable gtest without ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Moschops I don't know why but I must have overlooked somethi... (by jorz)
Cybersecurity

Hello, I recently learned of the BlockInput() function and how it blocks input from a user. I want...
[1 reply] : Hi there, I'm afraid I don't fully understand your question. If you d... (by NwN)
Vector of Classes?

For my class I need to make an appointment book using classes, and there isn't a set amount of appoi...
[6 replies] Last: Are you sure you don't have that backwards (From what I'm understandi... (by Shinigami)
Struggling with C++ Minesweeper Game (1,2,3,4)

I have been trying to get this game of minesweeper working for ages and for the life of me cannot fi...
[75 replies] Last: Hi there, Good to hear you got it working! :) As for the leaderboard... (by NwN)
Linking error - LNK2001/LNK1120

Hello. I am redoing a program I made that performs arithmetic with large integers. I am somewh...
[1 reply] : Instead, it turns out this is a Visual Studio issue. I had checked al... (by jamesk479)
Prime number program

I am trying to translate my prime number program I wrote in Lua into C++. I am doing this because I...
[3 replies] Last: I figured it out myself. (by krakow10)
Dynamic char array length

I'm very new to C++ programming and I'm having a little trouble with a function I'm making. It's sup...
[6 replies] Last: I'm just curious, but would you put a delete statement in this code so... (by jamesk479)
May 2012 Pages: 1234... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.