Beginners - May 2012 (Page 2)

openGL + Freeglut troubles

so I've pretty much finished console application programming and it's a lot of fun, but I've been trying to find out how to start doing graphics and window appl...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, NwN. (by bleachy)
error 31 invalid types `unsigned ***[int]' for array subscript

Hi all - Just getting an error in regards my arrays. Just wondering if I could get some feedback on if they are either done correctly, or if I have made a mista...
[14 replies] Last: Happens like that a lot with code. Just try your best to keep it tidy... (by MrHutch)
queue and linked list

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; typedef struct node { int data; int id, page, jawatan; struct node *next; } nodeQ; ...
[1 reply] : Hi there, It may just be me, but this looks an awful lot like the cod... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Summing digits of an integer

Write a program that displays the sum of the digits of any non-negative integer. Two program runs are shown below: Enter an integer: 145 Sum of digits is ...
[5 replies] Last: Hi there, Sorry, we don't do homework for people, as stated in this f... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by jorz
return value class

hi there again I have a class and when I call it, it does change a global variable gtest without any problem but it does not return the test value. Form1....
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Moschops I don't know why but I must have overlooked somethi... (by jorz)
Cybersecurity

Hello, I recently learned of the BlockInput() function and how it blocks input from a user. I want to make a program that when running, blocks, or denys, the ...
[1 reply] : Hi there, I'm afraid I don't fully understand your question. If you d... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Vector of Classes?

For my class I need to make an appointment book using classes, and there isn't a set amount of appointments that are supposed to be added, so it needs to be dyn...
[6 replies] Last: Are you sure you don't have that backwards (From what I'm understandi... (by Shinigami)
Struggling with C++ Minesweeper Game (1,2,3,4)

I have been trying to get this game of minesweeper working for ages and for the life of me cannot figure out how to get it to correct display the board, the gam...
[75 replies] Last: Hi there, Good to hear you got it working! :) As for the leaderboard... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Linking error - LNK2001/LNK1120

Hello. I am redoing a program I made that performs arithmetic with large integers. I am somewhat new to dealing with classes and this is suppose to help m...
[1 reply] : Instead, it turns out this is a Visual Studio issue. I had checked al... (by closed account 4oL1hbRD)
Prime number program

I am trying to translate my prime number program I wrote in Lua into C++. I am doing this because I believe it will help me learn C++, and also because I think...
[3 replies] Last: I figured it out myself. (by krakow10)
Dynamic char array length

I'm very new to C++ programming and I'm having a little trouble with a function I'm making. It's supposed to take a char array containing a sentence and output ...
[6 replies] Last: I'm just curious, but would you put a delete statement in this code so... (by closed account 4oL1hbRD)
Opening file in Microsoft VS 2010

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7. I am making a console app and I am trying to open a text file, "sample.txt", from the project folder. When...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks naruku, I was looking in the folder where the solution was loca... (by CJC0117)
Problem with URLDownloadToFile()

I have looked online and found many threads started by people with this same problem, but none of the solutions on those threads have worked for me or the probl...
[no replies]
Program not exiting. Prompts to end now

I have a working program. But for some reason I cannot exit properly. I keep getting warning codes. I know i'm just missing something easy from working on this ...
[4 replies] Last: Forget about the exit(0) . The problem lies in line 15 of the abov... (by Stewbond)
DECLARATION OF CONSTANT

hi guys, just a very simple question... for a constant declaration like this: CONST int period_of_no_buy = 5; should i put this declaration in my heade...
[4 replies] Last: It's a constant. As long as you're using it as a literal constant, th... (by cire)
i keep getting a warning that i cant seem to fix

this is the warning conversion from 'time_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data #include <time.h> #include <string> #include<iostream> #...
[4 replies] Last: thanks alot i need to remember that one to (by william427)
What's wrong with my header?

I'm so very confused as to what I've done wrong here guys, hope someone can help. I've declared a function in a header called: hex_length_convert.h the ....
[10 replies] Last: http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/namespaces/ (by Zhuge)
simple code error

hello guys.. i'm so new and dumb, and i can't figure out why this is wrong. i did it exactly the way i saw it in the video and it not working. all i get is it ...
[6 replies] Last: cin.clear(); cin.ignore(80, '\n'); That should do it. And "cin.... (by Splux)
problem with c++

Hi everybody My name is chris and i m new in c++ I have design a simple electric circuit with 2 resistances.. I want to help me to create a program in c++ ,w...
[1 reply] : Hey Chris - welcome to the boards, your best bet would be to first wri... (by georgewashere)
Double to long conversion

I work in the field(though only have been for two years mind), and I feel silly asking a begginner type question like this, but short of reworking the system ar...
[5 replies] Last: Random suggestion: try unsigned long long ? (by Whovian)
May 2012 Pages: 1234... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.