Beginners - May 2012 (Page 3)

by maroun
Cout template problem

Hey all, I have this constructor: template<class X, class T=point<X>> class Circle: public shape Now I need to know what is the type of X and print it...
[5 replies] Last: Well, I just thought about a possible solution: A macro like this one... (by webJose)
wostream,wistream?

I'm having some trouble understanding what these are, along with wcin, wcout, wcerr, wclog, wistringstream, and so on. Could someone please enlighten me?
[7 replies] Last: Also, you seem to have some confusion about the structure of the I/O s... (by Duthomhas)
How Am I Supposed to Access This Object?

The problem stems from try... catch() . I'm trying to handle any exceptions thrown from my class constructor. However, I cannot catch exceptions unless the tes...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Zhuge] "Do I make sense?" Yes, you do :) I'm going to bookmar... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Recommended Compiler for Windows

Hello, This is my first post and I just found this website today. I have never programmed (except one proprietary language), and would really like to star...
[8 replies] Last: Love code::blocks, id recommend that. (by Need4Sleep)
Beginner projects

Hi my friends! I have been coding in a scripting language called Autohotkey for a while now, and the way i self taught that language was that i thought of a ...
[7 replies] Last: hahaha! very well, actually those resources posted here are amazingly ... (by RaptorX)
openGL and getting started

I've done a lot of reading and searching to find out what I need to do to get started with GUI's graphics, 3D models and things like it with openGL so I've turn...
[1 reply] : http://www.videotutorialsrock.com/ This is the tutorial I used to star... (by paulthepenguin)
What is wrong with my code?

Hello, I was trying to create this program for school, and I am not sure whats going wrong... Here's what I see in the debugger: Checking for existence: C:\...
[4 replies] Last: Hi there, I believe it might be because you are calling Begin() again... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Game of life beginners help. inline function, counting

I don't know how to code the inline function to count the number of living cells. Description: This program uses the rules from Conway's Game Of Life (http:/...
[3 replies] Last: Yes it is. You can either use that, or you can use a crap load of dec... (by GRex2595)
This string.

Hi, im new here... But let me just make this quick. My friend told me to write this into notepad, save it, and run it. And I just need a little help understandi...
[6 replies] Last: XD (by AlphaWolf1337)
Pancake Glutton(4 star) question

This is semi spoiler code if you haven't done the work yet so don't read if thats the case. I'm looking for some help , I have what I believe to be valid cod...
[2 replies] Last: (: thank you haha (by georgewashere)
Wide char issues

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { wchar_t b = L'猫'; wcout << b << endl; } The result I'm getting is \253. Any idea w...
[1 reply] : I'm no console expert, but I can tell you that even though wcout accep... (by webJose)
by Aspnet
i need your help with 25 min plz

Array F contains Some values of Temperature in Fahrenheit write a program to read each element of F, calculate and print the corresponding element of array B wh...
[10 replies] Last: to be closed (by Aspnet)
by Aspnet
I need your Help Urgently

I will hv in few hrs kinda of competition i will be asking guys for the code and after that, i have to Present it explain it and re-write it again in a differ...
[2 replies] Last: LOL! You want to "hire" someone to help you win a contest??? Just gi... (by webJose)
How do i convert adobe flash files with c++

Hi! I am just new and have never used c++ before, so, I have created multi-pages with adobe flash and i want it to be a complete software that can be installed ...
[3 replies] Last: In the Formats tab in Flash’s publish settings (File > Publish Set... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Structure in Function

i'm not clearly understand how to put struct in the parameter of a function. If the parameter have one is pass value and another is pass reference. void Read(i...
[1 reply] : Hi there, do you mean something like this? struct mystruct { i... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
game of life beginner help

mkkk
[5 replies] Last: Don't repost threads. If you have a thread running, then solve everyt... (by GRex2595)
by Aspnet
i need your help with 25 min plz

Array F contains Some values of Temperature in Fahrenheit write a program to read each element of F, calculate and print the corresponding element of array B w...
[1 reply] : Stop posting threads with the same post. You've already used up 3 thr... (by GRex2595)
by Aspnet
where is the Mistake ??

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void main () { int x, i; int avg, sum=0; int Array = {34,45,56,38,42,51,53}; x= sizeof(Array...
[3 replies] Last: I believe that main is supposed to be an int function. Try fixing tha... (by GRex2595)
Initializing an object using a string

I am trying to initialize an object by passing it a string, and initialzing it to a member variable called 'name'. However, when I try to access name through th...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys, I've amended it to use the initialization list syntax and... (by leftblank)
Beginner vector troubles

Hi. I'm having a problem getting started with C++. The setup() method in testApp.m is called first, which initializes the application, where I create my base ...
[7 replies] Last: Great, thank you. (by leftblank)
May 2012 Pages: 12345... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.