Beginners - May 2012 (Page 55)

by tw3tye
Bool to other value bool

Hello; I curnently cant find the answer nowhere to this: bool a; a = true; a = (!a) //will the a be false now? or whats the simple way to do it insted ...
[2 replies] Last: thx. (by tw3tye)
inheritance & pointers

Write a program that will define the following two classes Class Student - Name : string - Age: int + setName(string) : void + setAge(string): v...
[3 replies] Last: In fact the code is fully descripted in your assignment. For example l... (by vlad from moscow)
return array

I have 2 int arrays. And i need to compare them. And i want to return an array, so i can use it again, but i dont know how to return it. int vordlemine(int ...
[11 replies] Last: If you want that your function returns one of its two parameters, that... (by vlad from moscow)
ATM program.

I am lost on this program. I dont even know were to start. Could someone atleast walk me through it? Write a C++ program that will allow a consumer to wit...
[14 replies] Last: ok this is what i have so far and it works perfect but competely forgo... (by zbowers16)
Operator overloading

Here's an attempt at overloading the << operator for a new class for complex numbers. #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; class C...
[2 replies] Last: Ah. That always gets me. I seem to assume the C++ new keyword acts e... (by Whovian)
C++ or java

i need to know what would be better for me as i want to make programs for mac and windows with the same language, basically i want to make games,apps, just good...
[4 replies] Last: i want to make programs for mac and windows with the same language ... (by moorecm)
Question about class?

I am making a new class/object called monster_all for my first test RPG game. This is my first non player object I am making. My understanding of classes is...
[2 replies] Last: Your understanding (or explanation) of classes is not very good, but I... (by webJose)
Having trouble with Strings and Functions.

Hey, so I just started my assignment for class, and I'm having some trouble getting my function to reference my string. I'd appreciate any help I could get. Tha...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=John McFarland]How would I go about making the string global? ... (by Whovian)
Output redirection

Alright. I know how to redirect cout, cerr, clog, and I'd expect ofstream objects, with the rdbuf() and open() methods. But is there any way to redirect any of ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks loads! (by Whovian)
making struct display chronologically

So I have a struct that intputs a external file and displays values. I'm trying to find a way to display each student in order from highest average grades to lo...
[no replies]
by zzz123
Problem overloading an operator.

Hi, I'm working on a project for school, and I need to overload the operator to allow the nodes of a linked list to act as subscripts, as in an array. This...
[3 replies] Last: Wow, thanks. I didn't realize i forgot the <T>. That's sad considering... (by zzz123)
Hi, I am in a programming class and I have an error in my code that I can't fix.

Here is the task: The future value of a bank deposit is computed using the following: Find the future value of a bank deposit p principal, t...
[10 replies] Last: Unresolved External means that the linker has gone looking for somethi... (by Moschops)
by waxiz
Bus Error when running

Hi, i have a function that works fine except that after it have executed everything it says "Bus error:10". I can't seem to find anything wrong with it, b...
[1 reply] : I can't make sense of all the names =P, but I can tell you something. ... (by Whovian)
Plz Help: Void Function / Array Trouble </3

I feel like this is a very simple fix... But, every one of you know as well as I do.. After coding for so long, your brain gets worn out. I'm so close, rig...
[4 replies] Last: 1> How many products do you expect to be added? 2> Is there a max si... (by clanmjc)
reading the file

Hi ! how can i read a file in C++ (ubuntu) i'm using Ubuntu 11.04 my code #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespac...
[4 replies] Last: system (lower case 's' at the start) is a function that lives in th... (by Moschops)
Whats a good C++ compiler?

Im transfering colleges and want to continue working with C++ over the summer. I've been using the schools computers who use Linux and only have windows on my c...
[2 replies] Last: As you know g++ is one of the best (or best) compiler for c++. Mingw i... (by Calcushtag)
by irmako
recursion

Hi everyone, I need your help please; I have a function which finds the index of maximum of vector! I need to change it into recursion function template<t...
[13 replies] Last: I agree but it is the compromise with the similarity with std::min_ele... (by vlad from moscow)
How do you getline a float or int?

Simple question. How do you getline a float or integer? I need to record the information. Thank you!!!
[4 replies] Last: guestgulkan, I copied this code from my projet and don't have to check... (by codekiddy)
Annoying Select delete!

I am using microsoft visual studios 2010 and I was wondering where I can turn the option to turn off the annoying auto select. What I mean is whenever I try...
[2 replies] Last: I was using a laptop with integrated mouse turned on. So when I was tr... (by codekiddy)
compiling arg

I'm writing test program with gtkmm. When I'm trying to compile my app with this argument: --- g++ checkmain.cpp check.cpp -ocheck 'pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cf...
[1 reply] : In bash 'quotes' are used to pass the argument as is. So you don't hav... (by ne555)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 5354555657... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.