Beginners - May 2012 (Page 57)

question about pointer sintaxis

hello its my first post , i have some experience programming in java an c# but i need to learn c++ ...
[3 replies] Last: i found the explanation in : http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/int/s... (by hexduhax)
Error, variable not being used?

This is for my assignment for a course, and I was wondering what is wrong with my variable total? Wh...
[7 replies] Last: NVM! I got it! Thanks so much for the recommendation on switches (by strupan)
Display array data like a table?

I need to display my data in a table type form. As it stands now, it lists the data but it isn't st...
[5 replies] Last: You're welcome. I'm having trouble trying to get a card game working. ... (by mikebell)
Looking for feedback

Hello all, We just started learning about classes in class (no pun intended), and while I have a ...
[3 replies] Last: void coins::dispenseChange(coins buffer, coins& cash, coins returned,... (by Kazekan)
by h4344
Something Like Bukkit developing for C++?

Are there any communities that do things like Bukkit does for Minecraft with Java but with C++ (they...
[no replies]
by Rhys64
Troubleshooting

Hey i have been working on a program and i could use a little help with it. The program is rather s...
[1 reply] : #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> //declare formal arguements h... (by ui uiho)
matrix of 2 * 2

//Matrix 2*2 #include <iostream.h> int main() { int i; int mat ; int matr ; for(i=0; i<2; i++) cou...
[2 replies] Last: map <int,int> matrix; another way of doing things. also <iostream... (by ui uiho)
by dbk27
Multiple Functions in a program

#include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; struct daytemp { st...
[1 reply] : #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <string> //you should... (by ui uiho)
Trying to make LinkedList "copy-safe"

I'm trying to make a linked list I have created copy safe. This means that I'm trying to get a worki...
[9 replies] Last: 1_ You are missing the point. You need to copy all the list, you know ... (by ne555)
protected class

Class C is derived from class B publicly and Class B is derived from class A publicly; can a protect...
[2 replies] Last: No, it's not. I am learning about C++ and it's new to me so I tend to ... (by jag4205)
Float confusion

Are the following statements valid? Why? float f = 10.0; const float *pf = &f; ...
[6 replies] Last: Try reading Introduction to programming with C++ (by jag4205)
Const question

Are the following statements valid? Why? const int m =200; const int * q = &...
[5 replies] Last: actually 'constant' is a key word which tells the compiler that the va... (by Pter0dactyl)
by EeAA
error: Error redefinition; different basic types

I got this error: Error1 error C2371: 'ItemType' : redefinition; different basic types Can some...
[7 replies] Last: oh yes!!! thank you. I totally missed it. (by EeAA)
How to convert a vector<char> to a const char array?

Hello I'm having troubles doing conversions of vectors and chars :(. Heres my vector: vector<...
[2 replies] Last: I ment an actual conversion :) of a vector char to a const char Here... (by Noobscratcher)
by TL29
Began learning strings: Need to split one string into multiple

I am writing my first program using strings. In the program, I need to read in the date in a specifi...
[5 replies] Last: It could be easier to parse it using the I/O streams: #include <st... (by Cubbi)
Char declaration

Is the following declaration valid? Why? char str = "COP 2931";
[3 replies] Last: Okay, thanks :) (by jag4205)
Char question

Is the following statements correct? Why? char s = "Greetings"; s = “Greetings";
[6 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by jag4205)
by julng
Counting words

Hi, I have questions regarding to this topic to count the words from the input file. for example, if...
[8 replies] Last: Well, this: void countWord (list <char> &myList) { list<char>::i... (by coder777)
some questions

hi, here are my questions: 1- what does cout<<setprecision(integer) do exactly 2- what are static...
[3 replies] Last: As for point 6 according to the C++ Standard "A parameter name shall n... (by vlad from moscow)
expected un qualified-id

Hello I am very new to both these forums and programming so go easy on me. I would like some help wi...
[2 replies] Last: From what you wrote only the initilal part of the code could be correc... (by vlad from moscow)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 5556575859
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.