Beginners - May 2013 (Page 2)

ifstream::get() acting strange.

hi: i defined an input file stream, and its acting fine on some files, but strange on one file. i'm using this code: ... ifstream in; in.open("som...
[5 replies] Last: well, i think i solved the second issue after an experiment: i just tr... (by Rechard3)
by Aquos
How to calculate the mark?

Hey guys, ignore the ridiculous question down there, i just trying to figure out how to calculate the mark after the user pick the abcd option and at the last p...
[6 replies] Last: finally got it. thanks ispil. (by Aquos)
Reading integers from a file

Sorry, I'm trying to read in from a file which will look something like this 3 4 5 5 -3 222 2 1 45 42 -5 2345 etc... I have three integers that I...
[5 replies] Last: line 15 declares a vector of type int, but you want the type struct ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Coloring console

Can someone explain and show me some examples of how to "color" the console without using "system("color a");"?
[12 replies] Last: show me some examples of how to "color" the console Assorted cplusp... (by andywestken)
by erolss
Advice for use of classes in rpg

Hi, I'm trying to build a console text based rpg as a learning experience, and need some advice on designing classes. What I had in mind is having a basic c...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies so far. Like you say I'm just trying to brainst... (by erolss)
finding the node with biggest son/sons in BST

I got a code of a BST and i need to create a function that will return the value of the parent that it's son/sons sum to the biggest sum - BST and not AVL. i...
[2 replies] Last: poping - please i need your help - i am frustrated withthis question (by Netanelwallach)
by herold
Question need help !

I am developing program for Windows platform. When user transfer some file to specific directory of my server my program should come in to action. In other word...
[1 reply] : Request periodically list of files in said directory. If it changes, s... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Zoo
Template help!

I have two template functions, which one of them checks whether two vector containers have the same elements with the same multiplicities, and another template ...
[5 replies] Last: while outputting also you are using d1Elem. you have to use v1 and v2... (by abhishekm71)
by Larry2
Aliases

Hello, I need to know if there is an easier to remember alias for : std::string::const_iterator In regexes I could replace match_results<string::iterat...
[6 replies] Last: Wonderful !! it will ease my code a lot ! Since I do not intend to b... (by Larry2)
Why should you avoid using C in C++?

I can see why using the standard library is clearly better but how come when some people are used to C people will explicitly tell them to use the C++ equivalen...
[12 replies] Last: noted. thanks for the advice Lachlan Easton (by Rechard3)
Need a little help on this.

The error keep giving me initial value of reference to non-const must be an lvalue.The error comes when i am trying to pass a function into the parameter. Any h...
[3 replies] Last: well first you will have to check whether this IS the problem. remove... (by abhishekm71)
Frequencies of tones

I am creating an application which reads letters from a file and creates sound of the corresponding to the tone associated with the letter. Where can I find th...
[4 replies] Last: You can work out the frequencies from scratch using three pieces of in... (by Chervil)
STRLN() and ATOI() Functions

hi guys how are you,, I have a problem in my program if anybody can fix it for me please, i shall be very thankful,, Please guys i request you to please give me...
[1 reply] : it looks like cin.getline() returns immediately without waiting for th... (by zsteve)
Cant Figure out Linking Programs

ok so im a begginner and im trying to figure out how to link my programs together and for one i get a (File directory cannot be found) for the #include <program...
[3 replies] Last: like this: main.cpp: #include <iostream> using namespace std; #i... (by zsteve)
Why this code does not work?

Hi Why this code does not work? std::vector<int>::iterator itMinElem = std::find(inputArr.begin(), inputArr.end(), minElem); Outpu...
[8 replies] Last: I'm currently using ::const_iterator instead of ::iterator. Everything... (by Observer)
by zsteve
what level at programming would I be? (1,2)

Hi, I am 15 years old and have been learning programming for the last one and a half years. I first began learning x86 assembly, became kind of proficient in i...
[26 replies] Last: I also don't think you can just call him a beginner if he knows x86 A... (by moorecm)
Error while running

Hi! I have some code: /* * The Amazing Journey * main.cpp */ #include <cstdlib> #include "Setup.h" #include "SETUPDEFINE.h"; GameSetup * o...
[1 reply] : It means exactly what it says. Somewhere along the line you attempted ... (by Daleth)
Can someone explain "int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])"

So normally I use Dev C++ which is a pretty straightforward and easy-to-use IDE. However, I tried downloading Visual Studio to try something new and I feel like...
[5 replies] Last: Every new C++ project starts out with this stuff: No, they don't. ... (by cire)
Working with strings

Hey all I'm trying to get a handle on the string class and how to use it properly. I've written the following code and don't understand why line 8 doesn't work ...
[1 reply] : string my_string2 ("This", "Doesn't", "work"); // why doesn't this... (by cire)
[Command For Lost Forum]

Some One Asked For a Simple Command Code For TurboC++ Sor Here. Part1/5 #include <iostream.h> #include <conio.h> int main() { int com001,com002,com003...
[19 replies] Last: @Daleth nice going you noticed. i can simply put a else or a loop if i... (by closed account jyU4izwU)
May 2013 Pages: 1234... 66
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.