Beginners - May 2013 (Page 5)

by Rooky
Teaching

I was wondering if anyone could teach me C++ for free. I know I may not get much responses but if someone could help me it would be appreciated.
[6 replies] Last: I believe its easier to be told by a person than a tut online A... (by pogrady)
Switch wont initialize

Write your question here. I just started learning C++ so this is just a basic calculator program I was working on to get a feel for basic functions. The proble...
[3 replies] Last: this is the point where the program just ends without continuing on t... (by MikeyBoy)
counting table

so im trying to make a function that will count up and out put in a calendar style table but my counter is backwards. this is what i got when i tried. int...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the ideas everyone. (and i know i was aware about it start... (by tyler72us)
stirngs

How many distinct substrings does a given string S have? For example, if S = "abc", S has 7 distinct substrings: {"","a","b","c","ab","bc","abc"}. Note that t...
[10 replies] Last: A string with distinct components has exactly s*(s+1)/2+1 substrings... (by condor)
Trouble looping to the start

How do i loop back to the start after i generate the maze? ive tried a bunch of things and they don't work. #include<iostream> //"cout" #include<coni...
[4 replies] Last: Why didn't that work? although its frowned upon, you can also use got... (by pogrady)
int is not a class,struct or union type

hi everyone. i got a bit problem with executing this following codes..when i compile it come out an error say that "int is not a class,struct or union type",can...
[5 replies] Last: 1) Conflicting function definition and declaration. 2) Don't return ze... (by dhruv90)
Assigning to 'char' from incompatible type 'char[1024]'

So I'm trying to be able to store an array of characters, and it's giving me the error message above. Is the compiler being stupid or am I (I'm guessing latter ...
[16 replies] Last: that is what you want, but that is not what you do. your have char buf... (by nedo)
What Variable? HELP!

I want to define a name (word, not numerical): what to use? I cant using char :( imma noob
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { std::string n... (by MiiNiPaa)
nios2linux kernel file management

Hye there! I was cross compiling my cpp file. then, I generated executable file. I made zImage which has path to the directories for my project and copied its ...
[no replies]
Picking from a list

Is there a better way to choose a number from a list other than a bunch of if statements. Essentially what i need is the user to input a number then using the n...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> void do_math( const int (&a) ) { std::cout ... (by JLBorges)
creating text button

I use Turbo c++ 3.0 as well as CodeBlocks compiler/IDE on Windows 7 32 - bit OS. I want to create a text button as it is in the Turbo c++ 3.0 IDE (if anyone ha...
[12 replies] Last: thank you coder777 i had really forgotten about the strcpy function. A... (by letscode)
read an check some data from a text file in c++

Hi programming language: c++ Guys pleas someone help about read an check some data from a text file?! i have a text file (player\config.txt) that included mu...
[no replies]
by hychan
Sum of odd numbers between a certain range

I'm trying to write a program that outputs the odd numbers' sum between a certain range. For example, [3,9]. For example, INPUT: 2 1 5 3 9 OUTPUT: Ca...
[1 reply] : c is uninitialized. On line 11/12 and 15/16 you add some values to ... (by coder777)
Template classes <-> separate class compile

Hi, I have a subsystem where all classes are compiled separate, and runnable objects are created by linking everything (main and all classes) together. I ...
[11 replies] Last: isn't there one 'nsp_MYCLASS' too much in the last code-example ? Coul... (by Kitesurfer1962)
Cannot open file using variable name

I cannot open the file using variable name. I tried the suggested answers to similar problems and still not working. when doing this: cout << "Archivo p...
[8 replies] Last: That is strange. It looks like file were opened in binary mode. Or it ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by juxte
Problem with setting an array of chars

Good morning, I have a "Cell" class, with a "name" attribute. On other hand, I've got the main class with a bucle that generate a new array of chars, and the...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you very much to both!! I'll use 2 variables, it's the best solu... (by juxte)
Program cuts off inputs by program player

I'm not sure if this is a coding problem, as on my computer when you input the player name it is fine, but when my buddy does it he says it cuts off the first c...
[3 replies] Last: Also when I go to use getline(input, heroname) as opposed to getline(c... (by stranglehanz)
Lines to Quads

Lines to Quads The objective of this exercise is to read in a file stream of X, Y & Z vertex co-ordinates from a laser line triangulation scan and rearrange ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for that, I will try and go through your points. Entries wil... (by peter hurley)
double greater than

I'm having a problem using a double greater than comparison. The code is suppose to validate true to my understanding but does not. Can any one help. ...
[3 replies] Last: Use if (j > i && i > k) . Relational operators (such as less-than and... (by closed account DEUX92yv)
2d array issue yet again

these things is killing me, i am having an issue fnding the largest number from day 1 here is my code #include <iostream> using namespace std; int mai...
[6 replies] Last: yes now it should work. (by abhishekm71)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 66
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.