Beginners - May 2013 (Page 60)

reading a txt file into an array

I am having trouble reading a txt file into an array. The text file will 10 objects wiht 3 parts each an id, sold , and remaining. I have to make all of those ...
[no replies]
Weird bug in this database program

Hello! I recently registered this account but I've been a long time lurker of these forums. I'd just like to start off with a big thanks because you guys defini...
[2 replies] Last: I managed to figure out my problem. I had to set two more conditions t... (by qimpressionq)
Adding New Data to A File

Hi , I'm trying to figure out how to add new data to a file using a structure and a function. I have some of the code required but I am struggling with how to a...
[2 replies] Last: I dont know what that means, would you mind sending me some commented ... (by p94moran)
Please help with data input to array

I have been trying to figure this out for hours and have searched the internet extensively but cannot figure this out. All I need to do is to input the values f...
[2 replies] Last: Peter87 Words cannot express my gratitude. Wow I cannot believe I di... (by the Lagrange point)
While loop that runs until reading in an int fails

Hi! I'm writing a program that opens a file that contains a list of ints and ends with a non-int (i.e., "1 2 1 1 R_81UvYeXatfu4VoN"). I want t...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Jacob Curtis)
showing letters repeated

I am in a c++ problem solving course, and the following question is from past year students assignment and i am trying to solve them for my own practice. the...
[4 replies] Last: that was helpful i appropriate your effort (by rami amr)
Storing image paths from a database to a text file

Hello, I want to store paths of all images in a database to a text file (lets say "images.txt"). I can then use this text file in c++ to extract images one by ...
[1 reply] : If you're using windows, you can search for some Win32API function tha... (by Aceix)
Need help starting an assignment

We're practicing using Structures and Self-Referencing Pointers. I'm not sure how to write my main. Please help. The assignment is below Description Yo...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much (by Bulbasaur)
by ivo1
stack

The problem is on like 14 and 16 where the compiler tells me that push and pop are not declerd in the scope. #include<iostream> using namespace std; ...
[7 replies] Last: ivo1, great thinking. And ResidentBiscuit is completely right - your p... (by closed account DEUX92yv)
Need help to getting started with GMP

#include <iostream> #include <gmp.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string> using namespace std; void* asgn(mpf_t* ptr, string str) { ptr = (mp...
[2 replies] Last: That works well enough, Thanks (by selenium)
by korp
error why!!

What the problem please. #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; main () { float x,y,z,sum; cout << "inter the Numbers"...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks All (by korp)
1-d arrays score analysis program

I have most of the code i need written...i think. I am having trouble making it all come together and work fluidly. I want the menu to output and then the user ...
[no replies]
Library <vector> task

Write your question here. using vector Library i need to put a miliard numbers of int and string into a container and cout the 26's member and 9686...
[7 replies] Last: It's likely you don't need to run the actual program, so what you coul... (by Zephilinox)
Would you all help me develop this quick and fast prgram?

I dont know how to start :l Roman Numeral Converter Write a program that displays the roman numeral equivalent of any decimal number between 1 and 20 th...
[2 replies] Last: that function will probably end up as 20 case statements, unfortunatel... (by Zephilinox)
outputting an overloaded operator...

I want to output an overloaded insertion operator using a member function inside the same class as the overloaded insertion operator. I really dont know how to ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you very much, it worked. (by spiritedDedication)
by theguy
stod

Why would 'stod' is not a member of 'std'. Be a recurring error.
[1 reply] : You have an outdated compiler which is not supporting C++11 or you for... (by MiiNiPaa)
fstream for specific display

Does anyone know how to write a decent code using string and fstream to take an and moving it to an "outputfile.txt" like this.. I just started using fstr...
[10 replies] Last: Looks like you got an outdated compiler which isn't supporting C++11. ... (by MiiNiPaa)
return an array doesn't work even with static

Hi all, for some reason when I call the function append(m , m ); it gives my an error : incompatible types in assignment of 'char*' to 'char* ' it copies a...
[8 replies] Last: As to why returning buffer didn't work: int someFunc(){ int a ... (by Stewbond)
Could use a little help dealing with \n

The programs used to translate piglatin. It reads in the first half the word using a getline until the '-' is encountered and then uses another getline until a ...
[7 replies] Last: The code snippet I posted above checks if the last character in a stri... (by Daleth)
String Erase

I'm trying to write a function that will cut off the last two letters of 1 word and then add the remainder in front of another word. I keep getting this extreme...
[11 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/substr/ #include <i... (by cire)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 5859606162... 66
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.